“Love this Place”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Westlake Blvd
Reviewed February 16, 2012

We have gone here three times, and have loved it. The staff is friendly, competent, and business-like (no "Hi I'm Bambi and I will be taking care of you today." thank goodness). The food is always well-prepared, hot, and a normal portion. Good selection on the menu for meat-eaters, pasta lovers, and vegetarians. The pizza is GREAT (authentic, not prissy). The salads are creative and not overdressed. Desserts are good--if you have room. I like the 15% gratuity included--more like Switzerland and other European countries. I have never had bad service. If I did, I would talk to the owner/manager immediately because he would want to know it. Vivoli is a nice family restaurant that you can dress up for, or go casual. You want something more fancy? Go to the Four Seasons. This is a place I can return to and enjoy every couple of weeks. It doesn't break the budget, but is good food.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

We dined here for the first time with friends. The food was excellent, everyone really enjoying their meal. I had a Caesar's salad, which was fresh, crisp and tasty. My entree was cannelloni, among the best I've had in years. I sort of use Cannelloni as a marker for how good an Italian restaurant is -- it seems to be a dish that only the best places get right and this cafe's was delicious. My wife had Penne Firenzi, also very good. We were too full for desert, but the desert selection also looked great. We'll go back again when we're in the area
The restaurant was quiet enough to hold a nice conversation and it had a nice ambience. Be aware that a 15% gratuity is automatically added to all tabs so you don't need to add anything beyond this unless you thought the service exceptional.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

The food is decent, but BE WARNED, the "automatically added" 18% gratuity (no matter your party size), is NOT given to the servers! This owner is a greedy little man who is illegally taking all the tip money and "putting it back into the business". Uh huh, more like putting it into his pocket! If you ask him about it, he lies to your face! The fact is, he is just charging you more for your food and the servers get screwed out of their livelihood! So don't think that your bad service has ANYTHING to do with them getting automatic tips! It's more like they are fed up! And there you are, paying for a nice dining experience but you're getting servers who are only making $10 an hour! You may as well have gone to Denny's! The only way the servers get tips is if someone is willing to pay above and beyond the 18% and are given extra cash directly to them.

1  Thank marilynvalencia
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Got a groupon for this place so thought we'd try it. Can't recommend it. In fact I was quite surprised it was as busy as it was for a Wednesday evening. Food was nothing special and over priced. Pasta with no meat in it shouldn't be $15.00 or more. Service was a bit spotty. I read in another review that the owner or management has changed, so it's possible this place used to be better in every way. You can get much better Italian food at several nearby restaurants.....Rustico, Tuscany II, etc. A they do add a 15% gratutity to the bill no matter what the size your party haven't seen that anywhere else.

Reviewed February 21, 2011

We used to love this restaurant - authentic Italian waiters, good service and fine food. On our last visit we found a "pick up" crew working, half the time couldn't understand what they were saying and, with the new policy of automatically adding 15% to the bill they seemed to have no incentive for decent service. Why work hard if you get the money anyway? Two e-mails to the restaurant's web site went unanswered. CLASSY!