“Rooms Could have been cleaner.”

Hyatt Regency Westlake
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Our room had a dirty stained pillow case and someone's hair in the bathroom. I think if your room is clean the Hotel is clean. I was so grossed out by the room I wouldn't even eat at the Hotel. My thoughts are if the room is dirty than the kitchen is most likely the same way!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
HotelRep_11, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear corinne4616,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay at the Hyatt Westlake Plaza. All feedback we receive is carefully reviewed by our hotel's management team that we may ensure we are continuing to provide the best in service and accommodations. I can see that we did not meet your expectation as a Hyatt and I hope you will accept my deepest apologies for the frustrations you experienced while staying with us.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Westlake

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Dont stay here if you want to sleep. There is not any sound proofing to these rooms. You can hear every door close, outside traffic, your neighbors shower and toilet flush. The beds are not comfortable. Room service was good but expensive.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
HotelRep_11, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Valerie,

Thank you for providing us with feedback on your most recent stay. We value all feedback that we receive as we are always looking for ways to improve our services to hotel guests. Based on the feedback that you provided, I want to offer you my deepest apologies for the frustrations experienced during your stay. We hope that this experience doesn't deter you from joining us in the future and we welcome you back to show you the Hyatt Touch.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

The city of Westlake is an excellent area with many close stores, eateries, and entertainment. We fell in love with Westlake city and would return to this area. Hyatt Hotel was perfect, room was quiet with excellent view, and staff was accommodating. We would definitely stay here again some day!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Dennis,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hyatt Westlake Plaza on TripAdvisor. We often hear amazing reviews about our hotels ideal location and we are glad that you were able to take advantage of the surrounding areas.

We are very honored that you were able to categorize your recent experience as being perfect! I will be sure to pass this review along to the appropriate departments that assisted with your first and last impression of Westlake Village to make you want to return in the near future. Please let us know the next time you are traveling to Westlake Village!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

The cost does not equal the quality. I've stayed at Hyatts much nicer than this and paid much less than what I paid here. It seems because this Hyatt is in a "nice" area, they feel they can charge more. Doesn't make sense to me.

Dear valued TripAdvisor member,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay at our property. All feedback we receive is carefully reviewed by our hotel's management team that we may ensure we are continuing to provide the best in service and accommodations.

I can see that we did not meet your expectation as a Hyatt and I hope you will accept my deepest apologies for the frustrations you experienced while staying with us. You are a valued guest of the Hyatt and I sincerely hope this past stay has not deterred you from visiting us again soon. Should your travels bring you back to Westlake Village please use me as your personal contact for the hotel as I want to make sure your next stay is an enjoyable experience.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I booked my stay at the Hyatt as a part of a wedding block for my sons wedding. This was booked quite far in advance. Oddly the hotel would not let me pay for my stay when I booked. Hyatt-you need to revisit this. If someone wants to pay, take the payment! Our room was pleasant-just an average room. The beds were not that comfortable-I expected more from the Hyatt. I ordered a refrigerator for the room in advance. It was not in the room and we had to have one sent up which took about 8 hours to come to food storage temp-which was a disappointment. We booked the room for four people and when we arrived we only had towels for two. Again-I expected more attention to detail. Staff very accommodating. The bar was excellent. The property was very pretty.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the pool. Very nice.

Dear Anita,

Thank you for providing us with feedback on your most recent stay. We value all feedback that we receive as we are always looking for ways to improve. I want to offer you my deepest apologies for the frustrations experienced prior to and during your stay.

On a side note, we are thrilled that our staff was accommodating through the duration of your son's wedding. We are very excited to have Harvest Kitchen & bar at our hotel and it's always great to hear positive feedback.

If your travels bring you back to this area, please do not hesitate to contact me directly so that I may personally ensure an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Hotel is dated, but the staff is always so accommodating. We stay at this hotel once a year and are always so pleased with the front desk people.
Terrific location, as Brent's Deli is on the property.
This hotel will be a gem if they renovate!

Dear Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hyatt Westlake Plaza on TripAdvisor. We often hear amazing reviews about our hotels ideal location and we are glad that you were able to take advantage of it.

Part of the Hyatt experience is to ensure that our guests have the most enjoyable stay possible and from your review, it appears that our attentive staff has consistently exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to your next visit at the Hyatt Westlake Plaza!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This comment may or may not affect anyone else, so I am not faulting the whole hotel because of this. However, it really turned us off. We went to put a timer on for a lamp on the night table next to the bed. The dust was an inch thick. Yuck!! It was also on the bed frame next to the night table. We have been at other hotels where we plug things in behind the night table. We have never encountered so much dust. It was disgusting. The rest of the room was clean.
Additionally: We also thought the room was muggy and not well lit.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear valued TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. All feedback we receive is carefully reviewed by our hotel's management team that we may ensure we are continuing to provide the best in service and accommodations. I can see that we did not meet your expectation as a Hyatt and I hope you will accept my deepest apologies for the frustrations you experienced while staying with us. Please rest assured I have personally passed on your feedback to the housekeeping manager that he may work internally on correcting those issues from happening to any other guests.

I hope this past stay has not deterred you from visiting us again soon. Should your travels bring you back to Westlake Village please use me as your personal contact for the hotel as I would love to ensure your next stay is a pleasant one.

David McGovern

#3 of 4 in Westlake Village
Hampton Inn & Suites Agoura Hills
Homewood Suites by Hilton Agoura Hills
Residence Inn Los Angeles Westlake Village
Residence Inn Los Angeles Westla...
#4 of 4 in Westlake Village

Been to Hyatt Regency Westlake? Share your experiences!