“expensive”

GreenLeadersBronze level
La Verne
“expensive”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The cost does not equal the quality. I've stayed at Hyatts much nicer than this and paid much less than what I paid here. It seems because this Hyatt is in a "nice" area, they feel they can charge more. Doesn't make sense to me.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

HotelRep_11, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Westlake, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear valued TripAdvisor member,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay at our property. All feedback we receive is carefully reviewed by our hotel's management team that we may ensure we are continuing to provide the best in service and accommodations.

I can see that we did not meet your expectation as a Hyatt and I hope you will accept my deepest apologies for the frustrations you experienced while staying with us. You are a valued guest of the Hyatt and I sincerely hope this past stay has not deterred you from visiting us again soon. Should your travels bring you back to Westlake Village please use me as your personal contact for the hotel as I want to make sure your next stay is an enjoyable experience.

david.mcgovern@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Turkish first
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I booked my stay at the Hyatt as a part of a wedding block for my sons wedding. This was booked quite far in advance. Oddly the hotel would not let me pay for my stay when I booked. Hyatt-you need to revisit this. If someone wants to pay, take the payment! Our room was pleasant-just an average room. The beds were not that comfortable-I expected more from the Hyatt. I ordered a refrigerator for the room in advance. It was not in the room and we had to have one sent up which took about 8 hours to come to food storage temp-which was a disappointment. We booked the room for four people and when we arrived we only had towels for two. Again-I expected more attention to detail. Staff very accommodating. The bar was excellent. The property was very pretty.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the pool. Very nice.
Dear Anita,

Thank you for providing us with feedback on your most recent stay. We value all feedback that we receive as we are always looking for ways to improve. I want to offer you my deepest apologies for the frustrations experienced prior to and during your stay.

On a side note, we are thrilled that our staff was accommodating through the duration of your son's wedding. We are very excited to have Harvest Kitchen & bar at our hotel and it's always great to hear positive feedback.

If your travels bring you back to this area, please do not hesitate to contact me directly so that I may personally ensure an enjoyable stay.

Agoura Hills, California
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Hotel is dated, but the staff is always so accommodating. We stay at this hotel once a year and are always so pleased with the front desk people.
Terrific location, as Brent's Deli is on the property.
This hotel will be a gem if they renovate!

Dear Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hyatt Westlake Plaza on TripAdvisor. We often hear amazing reviews about our hotels ideal location and we are glad that you were able to take advantage of it.

Part of the Hyatt experience is to ensure that our guests have the most enjoyable stay possible and from your review, it appears that our attentive staff has consistently exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to your next visit at the Hyatt Westlake Plaza!

Woodmere, New York
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This comment may or may not affect anyone else, so I am not faulting the whole hotel because of this. However, it really turned us off. We went to put a timer on for a lamp on the night table next to the bed. The dust was an inch thick. Yuck!! It was also on the bed frame next to the night table. We have been at other hotels where we plug things in behind the night table. We have never encountered so much dust. It was disgusting. The rest of the room was clean.
Additionally: We also thought the room was muggy and not well lit.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear valued TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. All feedback we receive is carefully reviewed by our hotel's management team that we may ensure we are continuing to provide the best in service and accommodations. I can see that we did not meet your expectation as a Hyatt and I hope you will accept my deepest apologies for the frustrations you experienced while staying with us. Please rest assured I have personally passed on your feedback to the housekeeping manager that he may work internally on correcting those issues from happening to any other guests.

I hope this past stay has not deterred you from visiting us again soon. Should your travels bring you back to Westlake Village please use me as your personal contact for the hotel as I would love to ensure your next stay is a pleasant one.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Got this place within a week of staying. My oldest is attending Pepperdine, in Malibu. This place is a stone's throw from Highway 101(Ventura Highway). There is plenty of shopping and eateries within a short drive. The hotel is Spanish style and lavish. It is extremely quiet and the staff goes out of the way to please the guests.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Bill,

Part of the Hyatt experience is to ensure that our guests have the most enjoyable stay possible and from your review, it appears that our attentive staff and tranquil property exceeded your expectations. Please let us know the next time you are traveling to Westlake Village!

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our friends and family had a wonderful time staying at the Hyatt Westlake over the Labor Day Weekend. Our son's wedding was in the area and the Hyatt managed the block of rooms that we needed for a large group of guests, young and old. They kept our guests informed about the schedule for the weekend and accommodated the numerous shuttles that were necessary to move the guests and wedding party.Catering put together a beautiful farewell breakfast.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area, they do a splendid job.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lynn102013
Dear Lynn102013,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hyatt Westlake Plaza on TripAdvisor. Part of the Hyatt experience is to ensure that our guests have the most enjoyable stay possible and from your review, it appears that our attentive staff exceeded your expectations.

You're referral is our biggest compliment. We're thrilled that every department, from Sales to Catering, was able to make your experience memorable for your friends and family during your son's wedding. Please let us know the next time you are traveling to Westlake Village!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

It is a Hyatt. So I expect a clean bed, a clean room and some extras. Well the rooms are not clean and need some seriousness investment. After so many years one would think they made enough money to renovate the rooms from time to time. There are much better hotels around in that area

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HotelRep_11, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Westlake, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear AlexYear2013,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay. All feedback we receive is carefully reviewed by our hotel's management team that we may ensure we are continuing to provide the best in service and accommodations. Based on your review, I can see that we did not meet your expectations, and I hope you will accept my deepest apologies for the frustrations you experienced while staying with us.

I have personally passed on your feedback to the housekeeping manager so that we can ensure that situations as this will not arise in the future.

We hope that this experience doesn't deter you from visiting us in the future, and we welcome you back in order to show you the Hyatt touch.

Best regards,
#3 of 3 in Agoura Hills
Hampton Inn & Suites Agoura Hills
Homewood Suites by Hilton Agoura Hills
Residence Inn Los Angeles Westlake Village
Residence Inn Los Angeles Westla...
#4 of 4 in Westlake Village

Been to Hyatt Regency Westlake? Share your experiences!