“charged twice!!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Yucca Valley, California, United States
“charged twice!!!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Your Westlake Village, California location charged me twice... I have been trying to get my money refunded to me for OVER a week now and keep getting told it was "submitted". As a single parent this is really a hardship on me. I don't think I will ever use your hotel again! They said I had TWO reservations and didn't show up for one of them. Why wouldn't they tell me that upon check-in? It has been 9 days since I called and informed them of the mistake and while the girl that I spoke with was very nice, professional and apologetic I cannot help but be aggravated at this fiasco. I have NEVER had to wait more then 3 business days for a refund. Next time I think I'll stick with Starwood Hotels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HotelRep_11, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Westlake, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Miranda,

Thank you for taking your time to share feedback about your experience at the Hyatt Westlake Plaza on TripAdvisor. Your business is very important to us and we would like to make it a priority to resolve this issue. After conducting research, it appears that the charges were adjusted on June 16 and your credit card should reflect the adjustment. Please feel free to contact me directly at david.mcgovern@hyatt.com to further discuss the incurred charges.

David M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I had the opportunity to stay in this hotel. I can say the service is good and also the room are nice and clean. It's little be to cold for myself need more atmosphere. But consider everything no bad. The breakfast is good and service fine. No bad hotel overall

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HotelRep_11, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Westlake, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at the Hyatt Westlake Plaza. Your feedback is extremely important to us. We're thrilled that you enjoyed our accommodations including the level of hotel service you received and the clean rooms. Please let us know the next time you are traveling to Westlake Village!

Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

A good business hotel, rooms are nice, kept clean. Staff is very friendly. It's far from downtown LA, and not a ton do do close by, but the area is nice. If you are looking for the LA experience, stay downtown, if you want the hills and more the suburbs, check this out. Check out Brent's across the street, great for breakfast or dinner.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HotelRep_11, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Westlake, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear David,

Thank you for sharing feedback about the your recent stay at the Hyatt Westlake Plaza. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our clean and accommodating rooms! An advantage of our property is the ideal location between Malibu Beaches, Santa Barbara and Los Angeles. With a family, you can experience the highlights of Southern California in a short amount of time! We hope you'll join us again for your next trip to Westlake Village!

Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 8, 2013

great location. local restaurants and bars were fantastic. On Tuesday nights a local bar called BJ's has 1/2 priced wine. I had Le Crema Pinot Noir. At $23.00 a bottle it was a bargain! The local beer at this hotel are fantastic.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Joe,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hyatt Westlake Plaza on TripAdvisor. We're thrilled that you enjoyed the location of our property and took advantage of the surrounding locations! Please stop by next time you are in Westlake Village!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night as part of a wedding group. While helping the bride to get ready for the rehearsal I had a peak in one of the 2 large suites. It was very nice, with 1.5 bathrooms and a large outdoor space, perfect for a large group of girls getting ready for a wedding. Our room was much more modest. We arrived about 1:30pm and our room was not ready yet. Since the reception woman could tell we were eager to get changed for the wedding, she went ahead and bumped us up to a slightly nicer than the cheapest room at not cost which I always appreciate. I think this meant a few more sq feet and a pull out couch. The room was very nice for the $130 we paid as part of a wedding group. It was nothing spectacular, but then again I don't really expect SPECTACULAR at your standard chain hotel. The lobby was very nice and the diner across the street (Brent's) was great for breakfast after an evening of celebrating. Other wedding related specifics - goodie bags were delivered promptly and they were great about letting us know where the wedding shuttle would pick up as we were checking in.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelRep_11, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Westlake, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Kristin,

Thank you for taking your time to share your recent experience at the Hyatt Westlake Plaza. We are thrilled that our outstanding service was able to accommodate your early check-in and able to deliver your gift bags on time. We often hear positive comments about the location of our property and we are happy that you were able to take advantage of it! Please stop by next time you are in Westlake Village.

David
Caddo Mills, Texas, United States
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I was booked here during a training session with my company. Upon arriving to the room, there was a dehumidifier operating full blast and the coffee cup area was dirty(I actually took the whole basket to the front desk so it could be replaced). The room never completely cooled off even though the unit was set as low as it would allow. The front staff was ok, but not attentive or very accomodating especially since there was a group of us from all over the US without vehicles to drive anywhere. The restaurant the site lists is basically a bar where you can order some food, so if you don't a have a vehicle, hopefully, you'll have great weather and are ready to walk to restaurants nearby. After reviewing everything online about the hotel before this trip, I was very disappointed in the experience I had here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HotelRep_11, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Westlake, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Connie,

I would like to thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate your compliments about the location of our hotel, however we are very disappointed to hear that the level of service and quality of your hotel room fell short of your expectations before arriving to our hotel. Please let me know when you are traveling back to Westlake Village and I will personally make sure that your visit is nothing less than perfect.

San Jose, California
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is a very nice place to stay but the property is small so it gets crowded if an event is taking place. For example there was a wedding going on one night we were there. The party used the lobby as a cocktail area so every hotel guest had to walk between a bar and an appetizer buffet, with wedding guest mingling between the two, to get to the elevator. And hotel guest had to use the same walkway outside as the bridal party in the garden during the ceremony to get to the spa or pool. I felt bad for the wedding party but everyone seemed okay with the situation.
Property is very near freeway access but signage easy to miss in the day.
If no event is going on, the place is cozy and charming and easily rates a 4.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hyatt Westlake Plaza. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the location of our cozy and charming hotel. My sincerest apologies for the difficulties you experienced trying to navigate through the hotel during the busy event. I hope that this experience doesn't deter you from staying with us again in the future. Please visit next time you are in Westlake Village!

David
#3 of 3 in Agoura Hills
Hampton Inn & Suites Agoura Hills
Homewood Suites by Hilton Agoura Hills
Residence Inn Los Angeles Westlake Village
Residence Inn Los Angeles Westla...
#4 of 4 in Westlake Village

Been to Hyatt Regency Westlake? Share your experiences!