“Great Value outside LA”

Hyatt Regency Westlake
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 13, 2013

A good business hotel, rooms are nice, kept clean. Staff is very friendly. It's far from downtown LA, and not a ton do do close by, but the area is nice. If you are looking for the LA experience, stay downtown, if you want the hills and more the suburbs, check this out. Check out Brent's across the street, great for breakfast or dinner.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
HotelRep_11, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear David,

Thank you for sharing feedback about the your recent stay at the Hyatt Westlake Plaza. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our clean and accommodating rooms! An advantage of our property is the ideal location between Malibu Beaches, Santa Barbara and Los Angeles. With a family, you can experience the highlights of Southern California in a short amount of time! We hope you'll join us again for your next trip to Westlake Village!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

great location. local restaurants and bars were fantastic. On Tuesday nights a local bar called BJ's has 1/2 priced wine. I had Le Crema Pinot Noir. At $23.00 a bottle it was a bargain! The local beer at this hotel are fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Joe,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hyatt Westlake Plaza on TripAdvisor. We're thrilled that you enjoyed the location of our property and took advantage of the surrounding locations! Please stop by next time you are in Westlake Village!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night as part of a wedding group. While helping the bride to get ready for the rehearsal I had a peak in one of the 2 large suites. It was very nice, with 1.5 bathrooms and a large outdoor space, perfect for a large group of girls getting ready for a wedding. Our room was much more modest. We arrived about 1:30pm and our room was not ready yet. Since the reception woman could tell we were eager to get changed for the wedding, she went ahead and bumped us up to a slightly nicer than the cheapest room at not cost which I always appreciate. I think this meant a few more sq feet and a pull out couch. The room was very nice for the $130 we paid as part of a wedding group. It was nothing spectacular, but then again I don't really expect SPECTACULAR at your standard chain hotel. The lobby was very nice and the diner across the street (Brent's) was great for breakfast after an evening of celebrating. Other wedding related specifics - goodie bags were delivered promptly and they were great about letting us know where the wedding shuttle would pick up as we were checking in.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelRep_11, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Kristin,

Thank you for taking your time to share your recent experience at the Hyatt Westlake Plaza. We are thrilled that our outstanding service was able to accommodate your early check-in and able to deliver your gift bags on time. We often hear positive comments about the location of our property and we are happy that you were able to take advantage of it! Please stop by next time you are in Westlake Village.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I was booked here during a training session with my company. Upon arriving to the room, there was a dehumidifier operating full blast and the coffee cup area was dirty(I actually took the whole basket to the front desk so it could be replaced). The room never completely cooled off even though the unit was set as low as it would allow. The front staff was ok, but not attentive or very accomodating especially since there was a group of us from all over the US without vehicles to drive anywhere. The restaurant the site lists is basically a bar where you can order some food, so if you don't a have a vehicle, hopefully, you'll have great weather and are ready to walk to restaurants nearby. After reviewing everything online about the hotel before this trip, I was very disappointed in the experience I had here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
HotelRep_11, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Connie,

I would like to thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate your compliments about the location of our hotel, however we are very disappointed to hear that the level of service and quality of your hotel room fell short of your expectations before arriving to our hotel. Please let me know when you are traveling back to Westlake Village and I will personally make sure that your visit is nothing less than perfect.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is a very nice place to stay but the property is small so it gets crowded if an event is taking place. For example there was a wedding going on one night we were there. The party used the lobby as a cocktail area so every hotel guest had to walk between a bar and an appetizer buffet, with wedding guest mingling between the two, to get to the elevator. And hotel guest had to use the same walkway outside as the bridal party in the garden during the ceremony to get to the spa or pool. I felt bad for the wedding party but everyone seemed okay with the situation.
Property is very near freeway access but signage easy to miss in the day.
If no event is going on, the place is cozy and charming and easily rates a 4.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hyatt Westlake Plaza. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the location of our cozy and charming hotel. My sincerest apologies for the difficulties you experienced trying to navigate through the hotel during the busy event. I hope that this experience doesn't deter you from staying with us again in the future. Please visit next time you are in Westlake Village!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed here on Tues, April 30th and there's good, bad and gross.
Good: The staff was extremely nice, efficient and willing to please. The bed is excellent and the bathroom was okay.
The bad: Rooms are somewhat dated, choice of restaurants and menu very limited.
The gross. I could only sit on my bed to do work on my laptop because the desk chair had mounds, yes mounds of a previous guests red hair on it. The sofa looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a long time and it was covered in different colors, shapes and sizes of hairs.
It will be a long time if ever that I choose this property as the experience was not good.

Room Tip: find one that's not covered in hairs!!!
Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
HotelRep_11, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Hyatt Westlake Plaza. We are thrilled that our customer service was efficient and accommodating throughout your stay. My sincerest apologies for your guestroom experience, it appears that our service did fall short. Next time you are traveling to Westlake Village, please send me an email directly at david.mcgovern@hyatt.com to ensure your stay is nothing less than perfect.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

When we first checked in to the property we not pleased with our room it was dusty and had a unpleasant smell. I went down to the front desk where I was greeted by Valerie, who immediately took care of the situation. She put my family and I in another room with a beautiful view and assisted us throughout our stay with restaurant choices, and continued to greet us in the evenings and ask how our stay was going. When we got back to our room she left us such a sweet note that really made me happy that I chose the Hyatt Westlake. Valerie made our stay comfortable and she is a wonderful asset to the Hyatt. She is sweet and welcoming and every hotel should be fortunate to have someone like her at their front desk!
I hope she is able to read this review so she can see that she made our families stay worthwhile! We will return!

Room Tip: Reserve pool view room!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
HotelRep_11, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Eleanor,

We appreciate you sharing your recent experience with us at the Hyatt Westlake Plaza. Valerie is such a great asset to our hotel and I will be sure to pass along this positive review for her to see. It's great to hear that Valerie was able to display such a great attitude from check-in to check-out. Please let us know when you plan your next trip to the Hyatt Westlake Plaza!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westlake Village
Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village
Westlake Village Inn
Westlake Village Inn
#3 of 4 in Westlake Village
Residence Inn Los Angeles Westlake Village
Residence Inn Los Angeles Westla...
#4 of 4 in Westlake Village
Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel
Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel
#3 of 3 in Agoura Hills
Hampton Inn & Suites Agoura Hills
Homewood Suites by Hilton Agoura Hills

Been to Hyatt Regency Westlake? Share your experiences!