“Staff was exceptional and easy to find, but services were insufficient.”

Hyatt Regency Westlake
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Staff was exceptional and easy to find, but services were insufficient.”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed here recently for my friend's wedding and the rate was reduced for all of us so that's was nice. The hotel seems to be undergoing a lot of renovation and trying to modernize itself a bit too which is needed. I really like the staff though. They had lots' of greeters and if you needed anything it was instantly brought up to the room. The Bellman was super polite and efficient too. I wasn't a business traveler but I still used the wifi and if I was a business traveler I would make sure next time that I was close to the server. My room was not close and I had to walk around all day to maintain a signal with my ipad in my hand. Also, the digital TV service was very slow and I found the annoying. So Staff gets a 10 as they are really trying but this hotel still needs updates in order to compete and even surpass other buisness chains.

Room Tip: Near the wifi server if you are a business traveler and plan to do anything in your room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Onni Andrea V
HotelRep_11, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Westlake, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
We appreciate you sharing these details about your experience at our property. We take pride in our authentic customer service and we are thrilled that our staff was accommodating throughout your stay. We are pleased to announce that our renovation will complete at the end of this month! Please stop by next time you are in Westlake Village!

David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I've been here before, but this trip was disappointing. Lights were burned out on my room. As well. the toilet made noises during the night. Renovations downstairs and poor service in the restaurant. I stood for twenty minutes before I saw an employee. Lastly, the view out of my room was horrendous. I had a great view of a tarred roof top, and air conditioning units. A girlfriend visiting asked if I had a discount because if the horrible view. The hotel was not full. Therefore, I wasn't put in thus room due to renovations or a full hotel.
I complained. The answer given to me was "that's just how it is. Not all our rooms have good views. As well you booked through a company and I can't refund or do anything to help you."
Tsssk.

• Stayed December 2012
HotelRep_11, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Westlake, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing feedback about your recent stay at the Hyatt Westlake Plaza. We regret that your experience did not match what you have grown accustomed to while staying with us. We strive to exceed expectations every time and we have failed to do so during your stay. We are very excited to introduce our new restaurant upon completion. We hope that this experience doesn't deter you from joining us again at the Hyatt Westlake Plaza.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I was very disappointed by my one night stay at the Hyatt Westlake Plaza to attend a business meeting in the area the next morning. My room was nice, and appeared to be recently updated/renovated with decent appointments. However, I was not informed when I checked in around 11 p.m. - or afterwards - that water to my room was intentionally going to be shut off from 11:30 p.m. - 5 a.m. that night so the hotel could work on their plumbing issues.

After enduring a long flight from Texas to SoCal, heavy cross town traffic and then dinner with a client, I checked in and arrived at my room after 11:00 p.m. and attempted unsuccessfully to use the kmode and the sink. To my dismay I discovered there was no water coming out of the faucets! I then called the front desk to report this major problem. They didn't bat an eyelash! "Weren't you told when you checked in or a note posted on your door"? "We have the water shut off from 11:30 p.m. - 5:00 a.m."! I told them "NO I was not told of this significant issue before booking, checking in or having it posted on my voice mail or on the door" I was shocked that I was not infomed./ What kind of management fails to disclose this to guests? The staff was nice overall, but this was a major faux pas not to have ANY running water for most of my stay (checked in at 11 p.m., then out the next morning at 8:30 a.m.), nor given special compensation or treatment for the lack of a essential item like water, nor not being informed or given a chance to stay elsewhere! I understad the need for renovations, but this was the wrong way to go about things not having water or advance disclosre of same.

Room Tip: MAke sure you ask them if there is running water!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Herb G
HotelRep_11, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Westlake, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hyatt Westlake Plaza. We are very excited for the heating and cooling system upgrade to be complete. We strive to let every guest know about the progress of our hotel, but it seems in this situation that communication was lost as a result. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel if you would like to further discuss the issue at hand. We hope this experience doesn't deter you from joining us at Hyatt Westlake Plaza again, and we hope you'll give us a second chance to show you the Hyatt touch.

David M
Glendale, California
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed there 3rd weekend of January, all that keeps it from getting a perfect score is the food/restaurant which is under renovation as is some of the other parts of property. Rooms are nice and clean some with balcony, staff friendly and attentive. Property itself is located in a nice quiet area and is close to everything from shopping to food to freeway access.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank gxn
HotelRep_11, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Westlake, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed what our property has to offer, including the various outlets and quiet area. We are very excited for the restaurant renovation to be complete. We hope that you will join us again for your next trip to Westlake Village.

New York
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We booked this hotel because it was a 3 minute drive to our client's office. Even though I had booked a room with a King bed, I was advised to take a room with two Queens because the hotel was undergoing some renovations and the room with the King bed was in an area where the person checking me in thought would be too noisy because it was right by the heating and air-conditioning units. I appreciated the "heads up" and opted for the room with the two queens. In fact, it even had a nice balcony.

The rooms and bathrooms were large, very clean and the bed were very comfortable. My wake up call was precise to the minute. (They had multiple pillows on the bed with varying degrees of fluffiness which I always appreciate since we all have our "pillow preferences").

We had breakfast in their dining room (food was good) and the only negative is that it was a bit noisy since the workmen had arrived and were working on the renovations which were adjacent to the restaurant.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank manhattanmom
HotelRep_11, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Westlake, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at the Hyatt Westlake Plaza. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed our spacious guest rooms and all of the amenities our hotel had to offer. We'll be sure to share your review with various departments and let them know to keep up the great work! We hope to welcome you back for your next visit to Westlake Village.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Westlake again and wanted to report that it is under renovation. The older restaurant has been turned into a catchall for drinks, food, etc. It really does need an update and the pictures of the new restaurant are very cool. The staff at the hotel is really great and friendly and it is a great location. The rooms were very clean but could use some updating as well. Still, I would definitely go back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HotelRep_11, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Westlake, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
We appreciate you sharing these details about your experience at the Hyatt Westlake Plaza. We're delighted to hear you enjoyed our property and friendly staff! We are very excited for what 2013 has to bring to our hotel with the addition of new meeting spaces and our brand new Harvest Kitchen and Bar restaurant. We hope you'll join us again for your next visit to Westlake Village!
California
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Good room. Nice staff. Bathroom had mandatory fan that was VERY loud and came on with the lights. Shower was too hot or too cold with loud noise when running. Those are my only complaints. All else just great. Fabulous price!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank mhfein
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay with us at the Hyatt Westlake Plaza. Our sincerest apologies for the issues you experienced at our hotel. We hope this experience doesn't deter you from joining us at the Hyatt Westlake Plaza again, and we hope you'll give us a second chance to show you the Hyatt touch.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westlake Village
#3 of 4 in Westlake Village
Hampton Inn & Suites Agoura Hills
Homewood Suites by Hilton Agoura Hills
Residence Inn Los Angeles Westlake Village
Residence Inn Los Angeles Westla...
#4 of 4 in Westlake Village

Been to Hyatt Regency Westlake? Share your experiences!