“Don't waste your time ”
Review of Tomodachi

Tomodachi
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

My favorite sushi place was closed down the street (Because it was Sunday) so we decided to try this place out. One of my friends had boasted about the place and he is kind of a foodie so we went in with high expectations. When we first came in the first thing we heard was blasted rock music throughout the restaurant. I mean come on, this is a Japanese restaurant not your garage where your teenage son plays his drum set as loud as he can. After we were seated our server gave us the plate of wasabi and ginger. The wasabi was so old that it was nearly inedible. I ordered the combo meal with a roll, miso soup, and a plate of assorted sushi. The miso soup and the roll were just okay, but the sushi was just horrible. The fish was so tough it was like chewing on rubber. Also the rice was poorly made, falling apart when I dipped it in soysauce. I wish the meal was just the miso soup and the roll. Then the meal would of been a little more barrable. Don't waste your time here in a disgrace of a sushi establishment but instead go down the street to kaminari which is way better and worth your money.

1  Thank Robert B

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I went here with a friend and we loved it! They have the most amazing blue crab hand rolls and the best spicy albacore you can imagine. Had an amazing time and will return.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Food is really good. Atmosphere wanting but sushi quality is there with a good reputation. Best for family or casual business lunch. Not a romantic stop.

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Been going here for a long time. At least 5 times a month. Portions are big and always beautifully fresh. I am a chef myself and i love it here. Nobu and all the chefs are artists at what thay present.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We had dinner here on a Friday night. It was not especially busy but there was not a drink menu so we had to ask the server what beer and wine they had and she did not seem confident in her answers at all and inded did not have some choices she thought they had. They were out of a few sushi selections but oddley when she told us, she added "but you have ordered enough anyway"...strange. The rolls are really small. We felt it was overpriced for the portion sizes. We never leave Sushi hungry, but this was a first for us. We ended up heading elsewhere to have dessert to even feel full. We won't be back. There are too many other good restaurants in the area.