“Good sushi”
Review of Tomodachi

Tomodachi
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Food is really good. Atmosphere wanting but sushi quality is there with a good reputation. Best for family or casual business lunch. Not a romantic stop.

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Been going here for a long time. At least 5 times a month. Portions are big and always beautifully fresh. I am a chef myself and i love it here. Nobu and all the chefs are artists at what thay present.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We had dinner here on a Friday night. It was not especially busy but there was not a drink menu so we had to ask the server what beer and wine they had and she did not seem confident in her answers at all and inded did not have some choices she thought they had. They were out of a few sushi selections but oddley when she told us, she added "but you have ordered enough anyway"...strange. The rolls are really small. We felt it was overpriced for the portion sizes. We never leave Sushi hungry, but this was a first for us. We ended up heading elsewhere to have dessert to even feel full. We won't be back. There are too many other good restaurants in the area.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is a small little place tucked away in a strip mall. Nothing fancy but amazing fresh sushi! Everything we had (yellowtail, salmon, tuna, halibut, mackerel, scallops, etc) was great!

Reviewed April 4, 2012

This restaurant has the best sushi! After my favorite sushi chef left another local sushi place I was squandering trying to find another sushi place that I absolutely LOVED. I tried a lot (and I mean A LOT) of mediocre sushi before I was fortunate enough to come across Tomodachi Westlake Village (they have other locations that I have not been to so I can't comment on those). My boss took me here for lunch and I was HOOKED!! The Japanese scallop sushi is the best I have ever had. No soy or other sauce needed. It is already sauced. Also, the spicy yellowtail here is wonderful. The yellowtail sashimi with jalapenos - also no sauce needed - delicious! And the cucumber roll with shrimp tempura and salmon (can't remember what it is called) is one of the best cut rolls I have ever had. The chefs here are great! I definitely recommend sitting at the sushi bar, if you can. Nobu is my favorite chef but they are all really creative. I have never had anything here that I didn't like!