This is not our first time at this spa. In the past we were disappointed and nothing has changed, still disappointed. This is not the typical Four Seasons five star experience. Further, many of the spa guests I spoke with had similar feelings.
1. Pool area: still slippery - unsafe.
2. Pool staff: took our lunch order, 45 minutes later we had to inquire when it might be ready. The server said, 'oh, I'll go get it now" - and returned with the wrong items. He then asked "what exactly did you order?" So I guess our original order was LOST.
3. Couple next to us had similar problem with lunch, the wrong items were delivered to them. He returned with one correct order and forgot the other.
4. Spa amenities: Lacking some of the five star amenities that you expect at a Four Seasons. Example: No cold washcloths available, many ladies using the steam room were looking for cold washcloths and commenting on how "little things like cold washcloths" are the difference between a five star spa and a less than stellar Four Seasons spa experience here. In fact, the entire spa had NO washcloths anywhere, cold or even for showering.
5. Organic Facial: Do NOT waste your money! The products used are nothing special - in fact, the fragrances are irritating and cause breakouts, allergic reactions. The facial is putting on one cream, wiping it off, putting on another. The esthetician did not give a good facial massage at all. I get really good facials and this Four Seasons facial was really a waste of time and money.
6. Massage: While it was a nice massage, the first 10 minutes in the room was spent answering questions for the therapists form (PLEASE NOTE: I was NOT late, I was 50 minutes early. I even asked when I checked in if I had to complete a form and was advised by the receptionist that the therapist would take care of that when it was time for m appointment!!!!). So my 3pm massage, the therapist takes me to the room, then ask questions and fills out the form, after the form was complete she began trying to upsell me to either a shea butter cream addition, or a menthol arnica tea tree oil treatment, or aroma therapy. She never gave the price for these "add ons", and this upsell attempt just took time from my 50 minute massage. Very annoying. Personally, a 50 minute massage time should be spent on the massage, and NOT using 10 minutes of the 50 to complete a questionnaire and be pressured to purchase "additions" - Four Seasons Westlake: If you are reading this review, please know that this behavior is not typical of a five star spa experience. This behavior is ANNOYING and NOT POLISHED SPA SERVICE.
The spa facility is lovely, but again - use some cold washcloths near the steam room, offer regular washcloths in the showers.
No one offered me spa slippers, but no big deal because I brought my own anyway. Just sayin' - five stars offer spa slippers.
No teas were available - just water and a basket of hard pears.
The locker rooms did not have many amenities that five star spas offer - and many ladies commented on this, so I know it is not just me noticing.
Toilet paper was not in all the toilets - no one was checking to make sure things were kept up.
Lockers: many ladies were having problems opening the lockers and were told that the batteries were dying out.
Overall - I have been to better Four Seasons spas. The facial products here are not very great, the facial was lackluster, and the 50 minute massage was really 40 after the form filling/upsell.
I was disappointed in the service at the pool.
So overall - nothing has changed. Our last experience was not very great and nothing has improved since then.
We have a special package that was given to us for a future visit - so we will be back but I won't expect much because I will end up disappointed if I hope for any improvement.
The Lobby Restaurant at the hotel is lovely. The service is nice. The menu is limited but if you do decide to dine: try the Braised Pork Shank - it is incredible. The clam chowder is also excellent. The wine list is good and quite reasonable. The restaurant was relaxing.
As for the pool staff: don't expect much and you won't be disappointed.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.