“Best value in Italian and steak”

Vince's Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Kansas City, Missouri
“Best value in Italian and steak”
Reviewed April 19, 2011

I'm a steak snob from KC and enjoyed one of the best filets ever here. World class value, laid back atmosphere and service. Don't miss it.

1 Thank radio_iq

Sacramento, CA
“Old School Italian/steakhouse”
Reviewed March 29, 2011

OK - We've been coming here on & off for about 30 years. It sold a couple years ago but is basically the same. Very old school Italian/steakhouse. Had the $32.95 sirloin steak dinner for 2. Always forget how much food they give you. Only ate 1/2 my steak. Soup was pretty good. Salad was mixed greens wth beans. Baked potato overcooked. Steak was OK. Free wine was yucky but the rest of the wine list is pretty reasonably priced w/decent selections. Pasta sauce actually wasn't bad. Had good spumoni for dessert.

Server was very nice and attentive. So too for the bartender.

Portions are large enough to split. Age group can be very mixed depending which day you come.

I could kill the brothers who screwed up my fav steakhouse, The Fireside. Also I don't think there's any really good old style Italian restaurants in the Midtown/downtown/east sac area. But I must say, at least this this place hasn't gone the way of Espanol which is definitely resting on it's laurels (and increased prices) and has the most awful food now. My hubbie usually won't leave anything on his plate unless it's truly inedible. He took 2 bites and left everything else and I left my full meal.

So, for decent food and large portions, Vince's is OK.

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank Calgal79
Fountain Valley, CA
“Delicious!”
Reviewed February 17, 2011

Unpretentious on the outside and in, this place is an obvious hot spot given the amount of cars and patrons there for a mid-week lunch. Warm bread and butter, simple salad, awesome bleu cheese dressing. The lunch size portion of the lasagna was big enough for two and tasted as good as any I've ever had. I will definitely return!

• Visited December 2010
1 Thank Boester
Lawrence Dacunto
“Great Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed August 7, 2010

It's a modest place, in a mall, so don't look for fancy ambiance. But it has great service and excellent food: pasta, meats, bread, antipasti -- and all at a good price. When we went on 7 Aug, 2010, there were few open tables after 6:00 pm. On Sat nights, the owner, Mr Rossi, often sings and that's a real treat. Highly recommended.

1 Thank oldtrooper
Davis, California
“Good & inexpensive”
Reviewed July 2, 2009

Vince's is a long time tradition in the West Sac area. It's located in a parking lot next to Vince's Motel and the restaurant interior isn't fancy, so I can't give it an "A" for ambiance or atmosphere, lol, but they serve good basic Italian food in generous portions at very reasonable prices. As a kid growing up in West Sac (or failing to do so, but that's another story, lol), my parents and I frequented Vince's, but I had been back very infrequently since then and it had probably been 20 years since my last visit. On my return visit, I had a great baked ravioli lunch special for only $8.95. Large portion, very tasty & covered with a load of melted cheese. Served with a piping hot mini bread loaf & butter and a small salad. Fast, friendly & efficient waitress. It definitely won't be 20 years before I return.

2 Thank RPF49