I stayed here in mid-may 2008 for 3 nights. For the cost it was a little disappointing, you can stay in a suite in a better location for 10-20 more a night.
The positives are the bed and the staff service were better than average. However, everything else was less than I expected. The hotel location is next to a highway which can be a little loud at night. Also, there appears to only be fast food restaurants within a few miles, so food options are scarce if you're not looking for burgers or tacos. Parking is free, but limited, there is parking outside the hotel but the spaces are small and there is a parking garage underneath, again tight spaces. The week I was there sacramento was in the 90's and the AC had to be run quite a bit, it was loud enough that you had to significantly turn up the tv just to hear what was going on. The shower took about 15 minutes each day to warm up. The door to my room didn't close all the way without pushing on it. The fitness center is small, which would normally be fine, but the equipment was old and didn't quite work right at all times. Also, the high speed internet was off an on sporadically, one day I couldn't get on at all. Very frustrating when you're trying to do business from the room.
Bottom line, if you're looking for just a place to sleep at night this will work, but if you're here on vacation or business for a few days I would suggest someplace else. Having to worry about your internet connection, hot shower, and restaurants nearby is not worth the time when there are better places around the same prices nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel West Sacramento, California, is a 100% smoke-free hotel in the Sacramento area, conveniently located just off Business 80 and Harbor Blvd. It is two miles from Downtown Sacramento, Old Sacramento, State Capital, Raley Field, Sacramento River, Port of Sacramento and the Sacramento Convention Center. We provide excellent facilities and a prime location for the business or leisure traveler. All rooms have free high-speed Internet connection. Airport shuttle service is available with a charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, IHG, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express - West Sacramento reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express - West Sacramento Hotel West Sacramento
- Holiday Inn West Sacramento
- West Sacramento Holiday Inn