“Great !”

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in West Hollywood
Lyon, France
“Great !”
Reviewed August 27, 2007

We choosen this hotel after reading Trip advisor advices, and were happy of it during our 3 days stay.
At arrival, water bottles and apples are basic but very appreciated ideas after 6 hours driving from Las Vegas. All the staff was VERY EFFICIENT and friendly. Breakfast on the roof close to the swimming pool with Hollywood mountains view was VERY NICE.
Things to improve ? Appartments are a bit dark and climatisation too noisy.

• Liked — Roof swimming pool
  • Disliked — Noisy air conditioning
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Turkish first
New Jersey
Reviewed August 22, 2007

I serendipitously read a nice review of Le Parc Suites in an article on Los Angeles in the N.Y. TIMES this summer, as I planned our very own road trip from Phoenix to Sedona to the Grand Canyon to Vegas to LA. I was traveling with my 17 and 14 y o children and my adventurous 75 year old Mom.

Le Parc Suites provided the perfect end to our road trip. We were greeted very warmly on a Sunday evening by Shehan and Darlene at the front desk and Mario, the valet. A popular rock group was staying and a rapper my kids were familiar with. The lead singer of the band was friendly to the kids, as were others in the industry who were on the rooftop with them. Clearly others choose this site because it is low-key and people respect privacy., which is important. My children loved hanging by the rooftop pool and watching the action while my Mom and I enjoyed our suite, the restaurant and the very hospitable staff.

We stayed in Suite 127....I hate dark carpet, so would probably request (although it sounds ridiculous) a lighter color theme for my next stay. The suite was perfect for us...ample, with two queen beds and a sofabed my son used. We had two televisions, which provided the space we needed, and a nice kitchenette where we could store doggie bags and eat snacks.

I found the staff REALLY accommodating and friendly and the location very convenient. On day one we did the Warner Bros. tour, Bel Air, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica and Venice Beach. On day two we did Rodeo Drive, the Grove and the Farmer's Market. We ate in the hotel's restaurant the first night, walked to 'Stone Fire Pizza Company' the second night and drove to 'The Ivy' the third night, where we scored a patio table, thanks to Shehan (practically impossible).

Great hotel. Not Ritz-Carlton or Four Seasons style. Relaxed, understated, nice people, lots of industry types. They are doing good things at this little jewel. Enjoy!

• Liked — Hospitality of staff, attitude regarding privacy of celebrities
  • Disliked — Temperature in the restaurant! Too hot in the morning at breakfast!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 16, 2007

My 23 year old daughter and I recently spent 2 weeks at le Parc Suites Hotel while I recovered from surgery. We are from the East coast, but my daughter has many West coast friends, so we wanted a place where I could enjoy a quiet recovery, but, also, where my daughter could enjoy the pool and entertaining some of her friends if they dropped by.

We felt we found the perfect compromise in this hotel. There were all different types of people here. Rock bands, families, others recovering from surgery.

The roof top pool and tennis court are very nice with killer views; you can enjoy eating up there; you can order drinks up there; or you can just chill out and read a book in your cabana.

There is also a small but adequate workout room on on the 3rd floor and the treadmills have small TVs attached to them :)

There are several packages offered, including an American Girls package; my daughter got out more than I did and met a mom whose daughter was really enjoying that package, but for most people, you should definitely choose the Bed and Breakfast special because it includes a choice of 3 types of breakfast which you can eat in your room if you want; plus it also includes the room tax and free parking. You do still have to tip the valet, and the valet service is somewhat uneven as they sometimes seem to have more cars to get than they do valets to get them.

I asked for and got a back room in a quiet section. We had a view of a thicket of bushes, a geranium basket, and hummingbirds.

For part of our stay, there seemed to be a family with young children overhead and I could clearly hear them jumping and being children. Did this bother me? No, not really. They slept at night and children will be children. The only thing that was somewhat bothersome in terms of noise was that it was impossible to close the door to your room without slamming it. I think they should figure out a way to eliminate this problem.

One unexpected bonus was that there were 2 TVs. We are more of a reading family, but for others this might matter. The TV that was convenient to the bed was a large flat screen TV. Every morning there was a USA Today outside the door, except on the weekends, it was the LA Times.

I have stayed in a variety of hotels in the U.S. and abroad and I loved this one and I'm returning in November. Was it luxurious? No, It was homey with nice linens and good service. The staff is courteous and eager to please. Mostly things run seamlessly. We got to know many of the staff and genuinely felt sorry to leave.

Don't come here if you want over the top luxury. Do come here if you want a clean comfortable suite....it is NOT gloomy as someone else stated. It does NOT need an update. I believe one was just done. It's very cheerful (the hallways are a bit warm) and it can be your home away from home, as it was for us. It's in a neighborhood with nice places to eat nearby and it's well located for exploring much of LA.

• Liked — homey and things ran seamlessly...everything that needed to happen just happened
  • Disliked — uneveness of valet parking attendants' availability
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 10, 2007

Stayed at this condo-gone-hotel because it was not on a major 4-6 lane street. Not iimpressed by the neighborhood as it's basically apartment/condo row which doesn't allow street parking unless you're a resident. (San Francisco, too, has plenty of people but they're not so selfish as to have such rules and regulations).There is a little restaurant a couple of blocks north on the corner of Santa Monica/ La Cienega and a cafe that makes the world's worst latte (what milk? lattes have milk?...hmm) but has good pastries a couple of blocks south and to the right on Melrose. Other than that, these are just a large blvds lined w/ mostly ugly business buildings.

The hotel staff are nice and professional. The suite. like one previous post mentioned rather than the one w/ all the pictures (they got a revamped suite), was dark (I presume they chose the carpet to be a pukey dark green/purple combo - right up my mother-in-law's alley - to hide ALL kinds of stains), dank (the bathroom smelled like old medicated or intoxicated people lived there for many many years), and the living/dining area looked like someone had a wrought iron fetish and had to bring it all indoors...either that of one of the thousands of furniture stores in LA had a going-out-of-business sale when the hotel was coming together. The bed was great (good linen w/ a thick down comforter AND a throw blanket that I didn't need as it's summer but oh well! it makes for good decor?) but the bedroom wasn't well lit at all if you want to relax and read after a long day (oh, I forgot, this is LA - people prefer to watch TV...). But, they put the plasma TV in the bedroom while they put the 20 year old TV in the living room where, say if you're traveling as a family, people spend the evening after being out all day.

And despite being on a residential street w/ double paned windows, you still hear the idiots (not sure if they're locals or tourists) who like to be roaring up and down this street in the middle of the night. Good thing they put the bed way way on the other side of the sliding door/patio or it could have been worse. If it gets too hot, and you have the AC on, it should drown out some of the hooligans yelps.

This place is fine only for a families w/ ids as it has the convenience of a kitchenette and is one of the more reasonably price accommodations in this area. Not for those seeking stylish and modern lodging.

• Stayed August 2007
3 Thank finicky1
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 9, 2007

Stayed here for a couple of nights in early August and it is a great location if you want to hang in West Hollywood. Great restaurants just around the corner, Koi, the Spanish Kitchen etc. The rooms are very big, sitting area, king beds and washroom with sitting room attached, The pool is small but the lounge chairs are very comfortable and you can have breakfast out side or a drink in the evening. Great views of the Hollywood Hills from the rooftop. We booked the breakfast and parking package and it is definitely worth it, the breakfast choice was great and the parking is $20/day without this package. Our room on the first floor was a little dark, I would request a room on a higher floor. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Dark room
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Baltimore
Reviewed July 29, 2007

Ok, I live on the east coast and have stayed at many different classes of hotels/resorts. From Four Seasons to Hampton Inns.
I absolutely can understand a few of the complaints I have read from other people, but all in all, this is a great place to stay. AMAZING location, nice quiet residential street, almost all of the
staff we encountered were incredibly friendly. This is NOT a hustling/bustling type of hotel....so, if that is what you are looking for, it's not for you. I agree that the plumbing probably needs some updating (had a little trouble with the hot cold adjustment), but the the adjoining sitting area in the bathroom was quite nice when getting ready (large mirror and sitdown area for women to spread out their stuff and do hair/makeup. Our suite had a great plasma TV in front of the king bed.....YES, we were on the 1st floor and our few was out the back of the hotel with the hotel dumpster "right there".....even so, we weren't bothered by this.
Maybe I would have been bothered if we were actually spending a lot of time in the hotel, but we came to California to see California. We were out shopping, eating at amazing restaurants, walking the beach, driving PC highway, hanging out in Malibu, seeing as much as we could see, etc.
While there, David Beckham, Victoria"Posh" Beckham and their children pulled up and went into the hotel. The paprazzi were everywhere.....Apparently they were considering renting a suite while their house was having some work done. Also, on our last night there, 3 huge tour buses pulled up and off walked the entire American Idol tour. They were doing the LA concert the next night and staying at Le Parc. All of them were so friendly. They all gave my 13 year old son autographs and I got his picture with most of them. No, that really has nothing to do with the quality of the hotel (and YES, there are some flaws here), but it certainly made my kids enjoy the stay even more.
We found no stains on our carpet....everything seemed clean. The dresser in the walkin closet tips over easily if you don't load it evenly...It's not a Four Seasons, but it is a quaint, boutique like hotel that's great for families or people who want a slightly quieter hotel.

Stayed July 2007
Ashland, OR
Reviewed July 15, 2007

I've stayed at Le Parc Suites twice in two months, since the Bel Age closed for renovations. The suite rooms at the Bel Age were huge and airy, and every room had a view. In comparison, Le Parc is depressing, run down and sad. I checked in last week after requesting a 'high floor quiet room,' something I always request, but have never been given at this hotel. I got in after 8 pm and was given a first floor front room, dark, stuffy and unbelievably noisy (right on the street). When I asked to be moved I was told, several times, that the hotel was 'sold out.' When I insisted, strongly, that the room was unacceptable, the hotel night manager suddenly appeared at my door with a room upgrade. The room they finally found for me was a one bedroom suite on the 3rd (top) floor, nice but still run down (stained carpets which haven't been cut to fit the floor. Iron burn in the middle of the floor. A piece of cardboard covering a wall opening by the bed). You can hear traffic roaring outside the windows very early, despite the relative quiet of the neighborhood. Forget this place in warm weather if you're a light sleeper -- they have very old a/c units which, in the one bedroom, is about a foot from your head and bangs on and off all night. The fix-ups here are purely cosmetic. This place needs a MAJOR renovation.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled on business