“Cute, quiet, and close!”

Le Parc Suite Hotel
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in West Hollywood
Downey, CA
“Cute, quiet, and close!”
Reviewed June 10, 2007

I just returned from my weekend stay @ Le Parc and was very impressed by their attentive staff, nicely decorated rooms, and great location!! The rooms were very spacious and quiet. We got the studio suite which as able to sleep 5 of us comfortably. Check-in was a breeze and the staff was always helpful making sure I didnt need anything and letting me know where everything was. After check-in I was able to take a moment to have lunch in the cafe. The food was good and the service was great. They have a rooftop pool and jacuzzi with cabanas which you can order food to and take in the view of the hills, all very relaxing and nice. The location was perfect., we attended the LA Pride festivities and they were all within walking distancefrom the hotel. There were some cafes and shops just around the corner as well. I'd have to say the only 'bad' experience i had was getting my car @ check-out took a long time but they had their hands full and apologized greatly. I definitely will be returning for another stay soon!

• Liked — Location, great staff
  • Disliked — lack of kitchenette utensils
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Turkish first
New Jersey
Reviewed June 4, 2007

We just returned from a week's stay at Le Parc Suites in West Holywood. We are seasoned travelers and have stayed at many hotels (including the #1 rated hotel in the US) and we actually liked Le Parc far better!

It was because of the reviews on this site that we decided to book our trip at Le Parc. There's really not all that much more to say about the place. It's in a residential neighborhood but within walking distance to many things...Sunset Blvd, Melrose Avenue, etc.

We stayed in Suite #119. It is a one-bedroom suite and faced the rear of the building. The front-desk recommended it because it would be more peaceful since it did not overlook the street. The rear rooms face a 3-story bank of trees which offered the utmost in privacy. All balconys had a planter box hanging on the railing and we watched hummingbirds each time we sat out there.

The room was extremely spacious....At 1000 s.f. It had a bathroom with seperate vanity dressing area, a bedroom with a king-size bed and 42-inch plasma TV. The bed had very nice linens on it and we especially like the fact they used latex king-sized pillows for sleeping.

A funny story; One night after returning from a night out on the town, I accidently dropped 2 aspirin and they went under the bed. When I went to look for them, I noticed a notecard stating that they do in fact, check under the bed! We almost died laughing and I just HAD to take a picture of it.

The living area was nice and offered another TV with DVD player. In addition, a dining area and a smalll kitchenette. The kitchen area had an apt. size refrig, a microwave and a 2 burner cooktop. The cabinets were stocked with plates, cups and several pans, as well.

I did have a couple minor issues during the stay and I intend on making the hotel aware of these suggestions. I believe they will only improve one's stay at Le Parc.

First, the foam in the sofa seating cushions definitely needs to be replaced. It offers very little comfort and since the sofa is also a sofa-bed, we found ourselves sitting on the hard mechanisms of the bed underneath.

Second, I really wish they could do something to prevent guests from slamming the doors so loudly. Personally, I found that the doors close very hard if you have the windows in the rooms open. Several times, the door to our room rattled because of a door being closed in the vacinity of our room. It wasn't the rattling that was bothersome, just how loud the other guest's door was slamming shut.

We also seemed to be staying below a room where the guests above must have had children that were running around alot because we could hear them a lot. Luckily, they weren't at the hotel all week or I would have called the front desk and I'm sure they would have done something about it. The entire staff was friendly and extremely accomodating and no request was too much to ask.

As the title of this review states, I would definitely return to Le Parc again!

• Liked — Location, Services & Price
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CharlieinNJ
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 26, 2007

Very nice and comfortable hotel. I didn't have a car but found lots of interesting restaurants, shops, bars, etc. within walking distance in West Hollywood. Also near the Pacific Design Center. Each room has a little balcony and there's a great spacious pool area on the roof with great views. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
Orange County, CA
Reviewed April 25, 2007

My husband & I recently stayed one night at Le Parc and would definitely stay again. We booked directly through the hotel website and took advantage of the "bed and breakfast" package which included the room, tax, parking and breakfast. We did have two cars as my husband had to drive home in the morning while I had an appointment in LA the following afternoon, so we were charged an additional $24 for parking. The car is parked in a gated underground garage so it was not unreasonable considering the lack of street parking and the valets are quick and courteous.

The only negative was that we had booked a king suite and when we checked in were given a room with two double beds instead. When I called down to request a room change, we were informed that there were no king suites available, even though our confirmation was for a king. Other than that minor inconvenience, we would definitely book at Le Parc again. The convenience to the clubs on Sunset while being off the beaten path was perfect.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed April 12, 2007

Due to the great reviews in Tripadvisor, I recently stayed at the Parc Suites in West Holliwood and again I have to thank the reviewers.

The suite was very nicely appointed, lovely comfortable bed, nice bath, beautiful kitchen (though I did not use it) and a good sitting area.

The roof terrace with Jaccuzzi and pool is terrific and the views across Los Angeles breathtaking.

And what's best, you are a few steps away from Melrose Avenue but the location of the hotel is very quiet, I even had a squirrel on the balcony (did I mention the balcony?).

• Liked — Roof terrace with pool
  • Disliked — Aircondition is a little noisy
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled solo
Irvine
Reviewed April 3, 2007

Just returned from a wonderful overnighter at Le Parc Suites! We went up to West Hollywood for a girls-night-out on Sat. March 31, 2007. Our room was amazing....we stayed in one of the recently renovated rooms on the 3rd floor (308). The staff was one of the nicest I've ever come across....very attentive. Make sure you book the Bed and Breakfast package, well worth it! We really enjoyed having our breakfast delivered to the room the next morning. The beds were comfortable and the room was very spacious. We also enjoyed the view from the rooftop pool/patio. It is located on a residential street....so it is quiet and peaceful. What a great hotel!

• Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
Santa Fe, N.M.
Reviewed March 28, 2007

Le Parc is a great little hotel well situated in West Hollywood and within walking distance of the Beverly Center and short driving distance of the Grove and the Farmers' Market. We booked the bed & breakfast and free parking package, which, as other reviewers have noted, is a legitimate saving because you basically get parking for free. The Melrose neighborhood is a safe one, but parking is non-existant so you have no real choice but to use the hotel's parking, so this promo package is a great option. The roof-top pool area really is very nice, with a good-sized deck area with deck chairs, a hot tub, and even a tennis court!! As others have said, the views are great. You can order food and drinks from the roof-top patio, so this is an awesome place to kick back and enjoy! The food in the hotel's restaurant was good (we only had breakfasts there). The staff were all friendly and helpful. My family and I didn't notice any snobbish attitudes by staff, which is actually kind of striking given the neighborhood. Visit the coffee house around the corner from the hotel on Melrose for typical Hollywood attitude! The room itself was a good size, if somewhat dim with dark color accents (brown throw pillows?). The fold-out couch was not comfortable, but we managed to fit three on the huge king bed, so made do with that. The kitchenette was useable. Overall, it's a great value for such a central location in Hollywood.

• Liked — Roof-top pool
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family