“Oasis in WeHo” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
Detroit, Michigan
“Oasis in WeHo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I've never been a fan of chain hotels, but can't afford boutique hotels. So when a deal came up for Le Parc Suites, I gave it at shot. It's not cheap by any means, but it's LA and you're in the middle of everything (just blocks from Sunset/Hollywood). Plusses: quiet residential neighborhood, really spacious rooms that are apartment-like with a fireplace!, location location location, the view of the Hollywood Hills from the skydeck. Minuses: self-park is expensive and a tight squeeze if you can find a spot at all, no decent cafes within walking distance, a/c doesn't reach all the way back to the bathroom (which gets really, really steamy), the furniture and bathroom vanity are showing wear, skydeck tables and hallway dinner trays are not picked up frequently, leaving quite a mess. Picky? Yes, due to the price you pay. Still, it beats staying out by LAX. If you want to feel like you've moved into West Hollywood for a while (with all its ups and downs), try Le Parc.

1 Thank Roadie2000
Michael C, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parc Suite Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for giving us a chance here at Le Parc Suite and for taking the time to write you feedback for our other possible future guest. Some of the things you mentioned for the pros of the hotel visit are some pretty common responses. About the location and the size of the suites. Most people enjoy that aspect. Sorry that we made a poor impression on the removal of treys from the skydeck, we need to stay on top of that and do a better job, Also, I feel bad that you struggled to get your car parked and want you to know in the future we give guest the option because some like to self-park over valet but there is no price difference between the two, so go ahead and spoil yourself and use the valet. Watch for our specials and especially watch for the link on Trip Advisor, it has one of the best discounts we offer. Perhaps we can entice you to come back and spend some more time in West Hollywood. I was really surprised that you stated there were no descent cafes within walking distance. I would love the opportunity to make some suggestions for that. A favorite of mine is the Urth Café which is a block away on Melrose and Westmont. Come back and come see me and we can talk about several others.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Very friendly and helpful hotel staff. Room is incredible in terms of space - it has an open kitchen, a balcony, a living room area and a bedroom. Our suite has a king-size bed and a pull-out sofa bed which are both very comfortable. The air-con in our room however was a bit noisy - it made a strange grunting sound once in a while. The room entrance was designed to be inside a hallway - away from the main corridor which I quite appreciated, as it reduced the noise from other guests walking by. However the noise from the room right above us was clearly audible (we stayed on the second floor) - either the noise from people moving lugguages or furnitures, which was annoying as that lasted till past midnight. Not sure if it was just us being unlucky, or if the hotel has bad sound-proof. The swimming pool is quite deep and has no lifeguard (3.5 feet all the way up to 6.5 feet), so make sure you supervise your little ones. The hotel parking is a rip-off - it costs USD 38 per night for either self-parking or valet-parking.

Rooms
    • 4 of 5 stars
Michael C, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parc Suite Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review and provide us with feedback on your recent stay. We appreciate the comments about the staff’s helpfulness. With the space in the room we feel we offer nice size suite and that it is different than a typical hotel room experience. That sofa bed really can make a difference and we have an upgraded mattress for them so it is nice to hear that you found that comfortable as a second sleeping option in the room. Our engineering team is currently working on inspecting and installing new A/C units in the hotel and I apologies that yours seemed to have a noise concern. Noise is sometimes caused by different reasons and sometimes it is a matter of luck but also too if there is ever a concern like this we would like the opportunity to investigate to see if we can make an effort to quiet the cause. We are located in a residential neighborhood and parking outside of the hotel is really not an option. We do feel as though we are competitive with our parking prices as compared to all the other hotel properties in the area. We also have both Valet and Self-Parking available and it does include in and out privileges. Keep an eye on our website as sometimes we offer incentives to book directly on our site with promotions and discounts sometimes including a break on parking. As well as some packages that include Breakfast and Parking. We hope that since you did overall note that you enjoyed your stay that we will have the opportunity to have you back as our guest in the future. If there is ever anything I can do to assist with making that happen please contact me at any time.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I recently stayed at the hotel for just one night and asked on my online reservation form and again upon checking in to have a quiet room on the top floor of the 3 story hotel.

I was given room #338 which is a lovely room but the noise from directly ahead which encompasses the pool area was annoying and at times disturbing. It was simply noise from people either walking, running or pulling furniture directly above the room.. The noise lasted from the mid afternoon into the evening hours.

I am disappointed with the hotel since I very much wanted to like my stay there, since I have stayed in similar properties nearby without the same problem..

One other word of warning.. Do not park on the street near the hotel even for just a minute, unless you have a residential permit, you are assured of receiving an expensive parking ticket from the Police of West Hollywood.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank phk123
I can only say that I am regretful that your stay was disappointing and that we did not meet your expectations. We apologize that for some reason the noise level above your room was happening for what you have mentioned to be an extended period of time. Thank you for the tip on the parking in the area as it is all permit around the neighborhood and safest to use the hotel. If there is ever anything I can do to regain your confidence in the hotel, cause I very much wanted you to enjoy your stay as well, do not hesitate to contact me at any time and I will assist you.

NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

The le parc is a classic place to stay it's known in my world where the celebs like to put the band, dancers and crew. It's a kinda a old feel but clean. I personally thinks it needs a make over. Some rooms the wall paper is coming down or bubbling on the walls and paint needs to be touched up here on like in my room the window pane doesn't really fit and bugs can come in. If u need a nice decent place to stay and cool staff this is ur place. It has a very small pool on the top roof but that's all u need. The overnight parking is pricey I think it's 40 bucks a night.

Stayed July 2014
Michael C, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parc Suite Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your stay at Le Parc Suite. We underwent a 5-7 million dollar renovation on the guest rooms which was completed less than two years ago. We are very proud of our guest rooms. But like anything, time and attention are a constant need. We will research and make sure that Engineering addresses the wall paper and window fitting. We can't let these items go without repair. We appreciate the comments about the staff and the other amenities. Hoping we can address some of the opportunities and earn a 4- or maybe a 5 star review from you sometime in the future.

Bolton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Pretty Cool, nothing disappointing, nothing surprising , service very good. Great rate on the internet. We were staying in the sister hotel, which was closing for refurb', so we were moved here at no extra cost. Will visit again.

Room Tip: Go with the flow and don't stress, the guys will take care of you!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Michael C, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parc Suite Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Please feel free to contact me in advance and I would love to see if we can't figure out what to do to improve the sleep quality for your stay. Thank you for the positive feedback on the service and the cleanliness. Like your room tip! But also want to make sure we get it all right for the next time you choose to stay.

Look forward to that opportunity.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I just stayed here for 9 nights as a quiet break, to read some books, catch up on sleep and be a tourist in LA.

I absolutely loved the hotel, the rooms are suites and very spacious with a comfortable bed and were kept incredibly clean. I have to say all the staff were excellent, very friendly and made me feel at home. The pool area on the roof is a great place to relax and have a swim. It was sometimes a little bit noisy with screaming children but they were just excited to be in such a great place I guess. I loved ordering breakfast and having it outside on the sun deck, the service was fast and the food still hot when it was delivered, two areas that often let hotel room service down. The free Wi Fi worked very well al over the hotel and the the roof areas.

The location is on a quiet street yet only a couple of minutes walk up the hill to Santa Monica bouleveard and the hustle and bustle of West Hollywood. Loved my stay and I WILL be back !!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
The greatest part of your review or the part I get excited to see is that you will be back. We were truly somewhere you really enjoyed staying. We can never forget that paying to stay somewhere for nine nights is a really big deal and I am so glad that we made it worth your while. We try to show our appreciation to all of the guest and especially on the longer stays as this becomes truly your home away from home. I regularly here that we have a good quality breakfast and I was happy to hear that you found a place that you could enjoy yours. Good to hear that the WIFI was strong even up on the Skydeck.

Next time you want to be close to the hustle and bustle of WEHO but need that quiet place to retreat to, our doors will be open and ready to welcome you back with open arms.

Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Chico, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This hotel makes you feel like you are hollywood royalty. The staff was very pleasant and the room was very clean. You have to pay to park in the garage or pay of valet parking. We payed for valet parking and they let us leave our car there after we checked out so we could explore downtown hollywood without having to deal with parking. It is walking distance to the beverly center. From there, you can take the Star Line hop on hop off tour around the city.

Location
    • 5 of 5 stars
We are very pleased that you felt like Hollywood Royalty here at the hotel and that our staff made a good impression and we made the grade in housekeeping as well. Great advice on the Hop On and Hop Off Starline Tour. The 2 hour loop is a great way to see several areas without having to drive and worry about parking or anything for that matter. The only thing you worry about is how much time to spend shopping, eating and site seeing. We look forward to having you and your family back in the future.

Thank you for sharing your review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Hollywood
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
Andaz West Hollywood
#3 of 17 in West Hollywood
4.5 of 5 stars 2,501 reviews

Been to Le Parc Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!