“Great location, but overpriced...”

Le Parc Suite Hotel
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in West Hollywood
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Great location, but overpriced...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

A friend recommended us to stay in this WeHo property. We were a bit uncertain, due to some mixed reviews. Here's what we found:

Our room, facing the back, was dark, very dark. The trees outside block almost all sunlight, and the dark interior makes it necessary to keep the lights on all day, unless you want to go nuts.

The rooms have all been refurbished, and there's not much to say about that. For us, traveling with a baby, to have access to a micro and to be able to do dishes was great. The dining room table allowed us to eat in when too tired, and the crib provided was appreciated by our son. Plenty of closet space and a fairly large bathroom completed our junior suite.

Negatives?

Breakfast. Food's Folien but we had paid for the breakfast package, promising a "full breakfast", but when we got there, the choices were limited. As vegetarians, we tried to change the meaty dish for a veggi one, priced equally, but we weren't allowed. Instead, if we wanted hot food, we had to forego the priciest ingredients on the plate. My tip: don't prepay your breakfast. Go out or eat à la carte. At 6 bucks, a refill of orange juice is pricy...

Housekeeping is sloppy. We left trash and diapers on the balcony to avoid smells. It was left untouched. Even a box labelled trash was left until we checked out. And the sap dispenser barely worked. With an eye for detail, this would be noticed.

The valet & bell service is often understaffed. Sometimes we had to wait a full 20' to get our car.

All in all, we think this is a pricy place, but I guess you pay for the location. The rating reflects a so called four star hotel, minus the things that didn't work. Lots of small things, but after a week, they add up... At least the hotel seems interested in feedback. That's a plus in my book.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Hans H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Turkish first
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

My wife and I brought our 19 & 21 year old son's for a vacation in Las Angeles and enjoyed staying at the Le Parc Suite hotel. The hotel is centrally located to everything and is a nice neighborhood setting. The rooms were spacious and served our needs well. We did have to pay $39.00/ day extra for a roll a way bed which seemed expensive. The pool on the roof served as a nice place to take a break between all our touring and the hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful. The parking at $36/ day + tip was expensive but the staff was great and you could come and go unlimited times per day. We also enjoyed having breakfast each morning at the Urth Cafe that was just down the street. We were very pleased with the LeParc suites and would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tim S
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Given how big and sprawling LA is, Le Parc really is the optimum location to do all the big touristy things. As well as only being a short drive from Hollywood and Highland, the walk of fame, Universal Studios, and the Mulholland Drive lookout point, the hotel is also just off Melrose Avenue and walking distance from great boutique stores, Fred Segal and the Beverley Center.

The room was enormous and extremely comfortable - the only problem was the often loud air conditioning unit.

The rooftop pool area was gorgeous, although seating was somewhat limited so be prepared to not get a lounger unless you are up early.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank clw507
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I was originally booked at the Ramada but it was unsuitable. I lucked into an available suite here for a several night stay. The room is spacious, bed is comfy, bath is roomy, super friendly and helpful staff, good eats at the restaurant. If I return to LA again, I will be staying here. Do yourself a favor and book here!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank athbirdlady
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

I've stayed at Le Parc many times over the last ten years, and it has always been my first choice when staying in LA.

I like the large rooms, the friendly staff and the great location in West Hollywood, however on my most recent visit ( I stayed for a few days and returned a week later) I felt it just wasn't up to the standard it used to be.

I've seen the sign apologising for renovation for a year ago and it's still there but I couldn't see any noticeable improvements. In the rooms the a/c is noisy and clatters away making it impossible to keep on at night. Sometimes there will be a bathrobe, sometimes not, sometimes there will be a minibar, sometimes not, one TV works great, the other may not. It's erratic as to what you'll get.

The bathrooms definitely need refreshing, they look out of date and cheap, I don't think they've changed in all the years I've visited.

It could be great, and I want it to be great but in the very competitive West Hollywood hotel market it's now lagging behind and needs to make a greater effort.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Barry P, Director of Sales at Le Parc Suite Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
We were glad to have had you here at Le Parc and were both surprised and disappointed to read your review.. The hotel was completely renovated this past year at a cost of $7 million and, while bathrooms were not redone as they are slated to again be renovated next year, the new rooms have been very well received by our guests. I am sorry about the "spotty" service - the lack of a bathrobe and intermittent TV service and have shared your comments with all of our staff so that they deliver the high quality service that has been the hallmark of our hotel all these many years. Let me know personally when you plan on returning and I'll be certain that you receive the very best in accomodations and amenities that we are known for. Best regards.

Barry D. Podob
Director of Sales
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights while visiting my son (a USC student). I wanted to be close to downtown without staying downtown. This was a great location. I could drive to USC in under 30 minutes even during rush hour. The West Hollywood location of Le Parc is great - very walkable to shopping and dining. We went to Urth Caffe every morning! The hotel has a car which drove us to a few spots a mile or two away which was so nice! The hotel itself is on a quiet residential street.
The pool on the rooftop was a bit crowded on the weekend with families - but I guess that is expected with a "suite" hotel. They had phones to order food and drinks which was really nice. It would be a great place for a family to stay. The rooms are large, with separate sleeping, living area as well as s nice small balcony and kitchenette.
The parking is expensive $35 a night - but it was so easy - you pulled up and they took care of parking your car - when you went out, they had your car in just a minute or two.
The only suggestion I would have is for them to renovate their bathrooms - they were clean and absolutely fine - but not as nice as the rest of the hotel. A bit outdated.

Room Tip: We were in 320 - the balcony was on the side of the building which was nice and quiet. I tiny view...