“Great location, wonderful rooms and amazing rooftop space.”

The LondonWeho at BeverlyHills
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great location, wonderful rooms and amazing rooftop space.”
Reviewed February 6, 2011

This is my second time staying at this property and we were not disappointed. Each room is so spacious and has a wonderful view of West Hollywood, Sunset or downtown LA. The luxurious bathroom is actually one of our favorite room features.

It is super easy to get to West Hollywood restaurants and attractions from the hotel, but some of best times were spent at the rooftop pool during the day and rooftop fire/bar at night. Love it!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 3, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel twice now and would never even consider staying anywhere else in LA. The rooms are gorgeous (especially the London Crown Suites at the corners of the hotel) with views for miles from the balconies. Close to lots of fabulous restaurants, bars and shops. The complimentary breakfast buffet is beautiful. The roof top has it all - gorgeous pool, views and cocktails. The pool was closed one night while we were there for a wedding and when it was closing we were given a glass of champagne to take to our room and then all hotel guests could go to the bar inside the hotel for free drinks for 3 hours that night to make up for the inconvenience, now that's service!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 22, 2011

We couldn't get in to old favorites Chateau Marmont or Sunset Tower, so we booked at London for the first time. This was a good thing - its a superior if less famous hotel in a location that's equal or better.

What was great - the best buffet breakfast food I have ever eaten in any hotel anywhere in the world and reason enough to return. Excellent, very large room with a big bathroom that was good value for money. A superb character filled building in good order (if a little flashy for me) Some staff members were truly outstanding, as good as staff can be at a hotel. A beautiful pool that would dazzle in summer. Free wi-fi

Areas for improvement - the hotel clearly gets a few party guests and some cigarette burn marks and similar "memories" should have been removed from our room. Some staff are clearly waiting to be "discovered" and view their job at London and London's guests as an inconvenience. The inconsistency between staff was notable, some truly outstanding and some poor, suggesting that training and recruitment systems are not quite where they could be.

On balance, a very good experience. We will be back.

London, UK
Reviewed January 20, 2011

the end of our two week California trip of a lifetime....could it get any better? hard to live up to The Bellagio Las Vegas, The Fairmont San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Monterey...but wait, the best was yet to come!!
Fabulous staff. Plush surroundings, modern but not too minimalist. Amazing bathroom, best shower, best tub. So much space in the room, terrific view. Comfortable bed = two great nights sleep. Breakfast included, how refreshing AND delightful.
WOW roof top pool. The staff ran over and list the fire pit for us, and brought me a blanket as it was a bit chilly. Another pleasant surprise, the food. Well done Gordon. WONDERFUL.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 19, 2011

I have yet to stay at The London but I had to write to say what phenomenal service I’ve received from Scott and Christopher at the concierge desk. I travel a fair amount and often use the concierge services (at the various hotels I stay) for the arrangement of dinner reservations, cars, etc. Scott and Christopher have been absolutely terrific. Not only have they answered my questions but they have provided terrific feedback and suggestions. I have every confidence that our trip to Los Angeles is going to be terrific thanks to their assistance. I highly recommend using them prior to your stay. Looking forward to experiencing the rest of what the hotel has to offer.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank MsDoubleJ
New York City
Reviewed January 16, 2011

From pulling up to the drive up full of plush green vines and enough staff to feel A-list, this hotel does not disappoint. Upscale, trendy, clean and modern looks oh-so-very-LA. Staff aiming to please and place you in a category of "you are our star", it doesn't matter who you are, when you stay here you might as well be walking the red carpet. Fun and playful concepts from the velvet walls where fingers linger, naughty notes may be "graffittied" but soon swiped over by another's palm, it offers an experience from it's pool lounge area to the rooms. Enter and see a wonderfully well thought out set up room which wisely makes use of space with modern accents, the bathroom nowhere to be seen and then open a door and note something 1/3 the size of your hotel room. Fully tiled, floor to ceiling with incredible touches such as a four person shower (ahem, there was only two of us, but just sayin') and a sunkin' tub so worth enjoying whether there be one or two.....fantastic details appreciated by anyone wanting that Hollywood LA touch. We rented a cabana by poolside for that evening and were treated like royalty. The afternoon food was delicious and the drinks equally unique and quenching. The evening food wasn't a huge attraction for us and we didn't finish our meals as we would have if we loved it. It was above average but not necessarily a culinary delight. The low lighting poolside created a fantastic mood and ambience worthy of repeating. We noted a party next to our room, just shortly after 1 am, called front desk and it was resolved immediately...but then again, who could blame anyone for bringing some friends over to such a fantastic hotel?

Excellent location, near shops, gay area, great cultural sights and night clubs. Fantastic shopping, drink and music sights. We will definitely stay again.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed January 12, 2011

Ok - this hotel is the one that inspired me to sign up and write reviews for Trip Advisor. I use the site all the time for my own selfish needs, but have never contributed before. That changes now.

I travelled to the west coast of the US for a conference in Santa Barbara in October 2010, and decided to spend the weekend in between work appointments in SB visiting LA for the first time. After asking friends and looking on trip advisor I plumped for The London.

Right, onto the review.

I was simply blown away by The London from the moment I drove up. The guys at the door immediately got my luggage and the valet took over, asking me if I wanted the car cleaned from my drive down from SB, which i thought was a nice touch.

Checkin was seamless and smooth. I managed to leave a cufflink (they were a gift from my wife) down at reception and the bellhop immediately called down and secured it, with reception and then went down to get it and bring it back up. Excellent stuff - I only wish I could remember his name.

The room is everything a 5* hotel room should be, and more. I travel an awful lot for work, and have the pleasure of staying in numerous 5* hotels whilst on business all over the world, and the size of the room, the amenities, the shower, the bathub, the comfort of the bed, the selection of channels on the widescreen flat-panel TV, the toiletries and the sheer opulence of the room (never before have I worked on a desk with a granite top) were simply outstanding. Unfortunately I cannot remember if the internet was free or not.

I visited the Gordon Ramsay downstairs (just for a drink or two), and the martinis were expertly made by super friendly staff, who went out of their way to talk to me given I was on my own. This is reasonably rare in my experience, and I travel alone frequently, so when staff are like this, it really is lovely.

I used the concierge to find a local Italian restaurant, which was sublime. Excellent levels of service on that desk too. Again, names are beyond me, but this chap was worth a mention if I could recall.

Overall, though I was disappointed with LA itself, The London more than made up for it, and I found that I wanted to spend time in the room, even though I spend more than enough time in hotels to want to normally avoid being in the room too much.

In summary - The London was simply fantastic, and I dont think I have even a single complaint.

Highly recommended.

Beverly Hills
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
#3 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The LondonWeho at BeverlyHills? Share your experiences!