“Spectacular attention to detail and tres chic”

The LondonWeho at BeverlyHills
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Philadelphia
“Spectacular attention to detail and tres chic”
Reviewed October 10, 2010

This hotel is beautiful on the inside. It's like a little jewel box with all the mosaic tiles shimmering in the light. The rooms are large with a massive marble bath, and the lobby and public areas are well appointed. The walls in the halls are fabric and appear to be vacuumed every night.

The Gordon Ramsey restaurant was beautiful (and delicious) and the rooftop pool (with 305 degree view) was spectacular. A good stay all around.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 9, 2010

While the rooms are spacious and nice, there were just too many inconsistencies. The service was spotty: some people were great, while other employees seemed untrained. Some days there were newspapers in the elevator foyers, but one day there was still yesterday's papers. They closed the pool at 3 or 4 for five out of the 8 days I was there for private events. The food was really not good (any cooked food-the breakfast continental buffet was really nice). The business center charged you for the computers and $1 per print-out (not a great hotel if you need to do any work and use a business center). A plus is that internet was free. It didn't seem to matter if we were there with a large group and guests of the hotel. I really didn't feel special staying there. I'd rather stay at the Avalon or the Chamberlain for $160 a night less. At least you know the type of service that you'll be getting, and won't feel underwhelmed, as I was at the London.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Dewey76
Long Beach, California
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Hi, my wife and i stayed at The London for our anniversary last year. We did the Gordon Ramsey dine and stay package. The hotel is really nice. Very friendly staff. Great rooftop pool and bar area with great views of the LA basin. The room was large and well appointed. There is a very large bathroom with a two person shower and a large separate bathtub. Our room had a balcony that looked out onto sunset blvd.

Gordon's restaurant was wonderful. The service was great and we had the perfect wine pairings. I strongly recommend this package for a date, anniversary or special occasion.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed October 7, 2010

I booked this hip and sexy hotel for a quick night getaway with my husband for our anniversary. We had a short 36 hours to enjoy our time alone, and we're looking forward to checking in, enjoying our time away from the kids and looking forward to a concert in the city at 7:00pm.

We arrived at 3:00 and was told that our room was not ready yet they asked for my cell number to contact us when it was ready. I said 'no problem' we'll just go up to the rooftop and enjoy the deck and some drinks. They informed me that it was closed for a private party. We were a little dissapointed and went to the bar for a cocktail.

The drinks were yummy and full of fresh ingredients, but thebartender delivered my drink to another lady sitting next to me (shame on her for accepting it) and didn't even notice the mistake. Someone else finally made me a cocktail and my husband and i quickly started to relax.

An hour later we checked in with the front desk to check on our room ... several patrons were too, it seemed there was a shortage of people to clean the rooms. The staff were very graceful in explaining that it would be a little longer util our room was ready. Several of the guests began grumbling, its was a bit uncomfortable for eveyone.

Two hours, and several cocktails later, we were given the keys to our room ... which was lovely, once i got over the fact that the carpets were still wet from the cleaning. The hotel did have a lovely bottle of champaign and snacks waiting for us and we were ready to let go of any negative feelings over the situation ... we were there to celebrate.

That was until we were walked-in on by somebody. We never knew if it was hotel staff or a guest given our room by mistake. They got out of ther fast! We couldn't beleive it happened and laughed all the way to the concert.

Even with series of comedy errors on behalf of the hotel, we really enjoyed the room, the view, the location. Not sure if we'll stay there again. But i hope to have the opportunity to give them a second chance... would love to spend some time on the pool deck. it looks amazing in the pictures.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2010

We are somewhat regular visitors to Los Angeles and have stayed in a number of different hotels and accommodation types. Hands down, this was the best experience that we've had. Pool area is great, staff are extremely helpful, location is good, check-in-out very easy. I had 2 minor issues(which were so minor, they don't warrant any expanding on) and the staff and management went above and beyond to address my complaint ( I prefer to call it feedback)
For somebody visiting for a few days and wanting to sate the need for 'Hollywood baby!', this is the place. Par example, the table next to us at breakfast both mornings were talking about screenplays and auditions and agents etc...
Rooms are great, particularly bathrooms
There are lots of overpriced hotels in LA and I have stayed in quite a few over the years and tbh, I haven't minded too much as long as I feel I am paying for what I'm getting. Yes, the London is not cheap but if you're humming and hawing over $30 to $40 a night, go with the London, it is money well spent (or money well NOT spent depending on what the other hotel's rate is!)

• Stayed October 2010
Melbourne
Reviewed October 4, 2010

What a fantastic Hotel. It was recommended to us & I would 100% recommend it to anyone. I was worried hat we wouldn't be able to check in to a room yet, as we arrived at the hotel a little after 9am, but not only did they get us into a room straight away, we were also offered a complimentary breakfast right away, as it was still being served in their Gordan Ramsey restaurant. Every single staff member was so friendly, they felt like our friends, the hotel itself was so well presented & the rooms were great. We were there with our 11yr old son. The rooms are big, with a big modular sofa, where our son slept, a lovely little balcony & a massive bathroom. The restaurant was great for a fantastic & different take on the usual buffet menu for breakfast & we also had dinner there a couple of nights, which was also excellent. None of us wanted to leave & we are already talking about when we could possibly go back. My only complaint, (& it"s a little one) is that the mini bar in the room is well over priced, which is fairly typical of a lot of nicer hotels, so we didn't use any of it.

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank BebeMelbourne
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 4, 2010

The attention to detail from the interior design, to the service, not to mention the food, is apparent. This property is properly run and a delight to visit. Two suggestions - if you like peace and quiet, request an interior room; otherwise, you may end up a stone's throw away from Whisky A-Go-Go and all of the city noise LA has to offer. As other reviewers have mentioned, this hotel caters to special events. There was something every evening we were there, so the pool was closed to hotel guests after 4 p.m. So we can only call Gordan Ramsey a donkey once on this note....otherwise, he's part of an efficiently run, and beautiful establishment.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Beverly Hills
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
#4 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The LondonWeho at BeverlyHills? Share your experiences!