“WOW ... Amazing :)”

Canada
“WOW ... Amazing :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2010

This Hotel is magic...

It was our honeymoon and all the staff said to us Congratulations. They are very gentle and soooooooo nice.

Our room, Vista Suite, was clean, with a beautifull view like they said on their website.

Kirk at the front desk was a great man and very polite.

Thanks to all of you !

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LadyMysteriis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

This was my second time at the London West Hollywood. My family and I go to LA for the holidays each year and have stayed at numerous hotels--we like to try something new each time--but the LondonWH was SO nice, we had to go back. The first time we stayed there, December 2008, we had the best time and we loved the views of LA --which are magnificent--especially in the morning and evening. The entire staff is extremely helpful, friendly, and professional. They try to help you as much as possible and it shows--my mother needed to go to a pharmacy and asked the concierge where the closest one was, he called one of the Range Rovers and drove her there for free. The restaurant (Gordon Ramsey) is also really great and highly recommended, even for breakfast. We stayed there again in December 2009, and it was just as nice. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. The restaurant, and the rooftop pool/lounge area make it a real stand out.

• Stayed December 2009
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2010

We stayed at the London February 2010. This isn’t a bad hotel, I just expected more. The location is excellent, unless you plan on spending most of your time at the beach. The room was decent. Our room had panoramic view stretching from downtown Los Angels in the east to UCLA and beyond to the west. The balcony from which I enjoyed this view was shabby. It clearly hadn’t seen maintenance in some time. The balcony collected water from the rain, and therefore had a water puddle which covered about 30% of it. The balcony doors had crude all in the grooves.

I selected this hotel because I wanted to stay in West Hollywood, and dine a Gordon Ramsey The London. I purchased a promotion called From London With Love, which included breakfast in bed

When it came time for us to check out, there was a discrepancy on the invoice. They tried to charge us for the breakfast, since we had it in our room. I explained that is was part of a “romance package” that clearly stated breakfast in your room. The front desk clerk didn’t know anything about this promotion, which was even more frustrating. I got resistance to providing us this part of our “special package” from room service from room service to the manager at the front desk. The front desk clerk even tried to get me to pay, $20 towards the bill. After much discussion (about 20 minutes), they removed it from my bill.

BTW: Gordon Ramsey The London, is way over priced, it’s crowded. I did not feel like I was having a fine dining experience.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Newport Beach, California
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,118 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2010

My partner and I had to stay in West Hollywood for the LA Gay Pride celebration this past weekend, at which my partner's company had business functions. After reviewing all of the nearby properties, I decided we should stay at the London due largely to its glowing reviews herein and because its location was so convenient. I must say that we were impressed and would almost certainly stay here again should business or leisure require us to be back in West Hollywood overnight.

First and foremost, the London is a beautiful hotel--very Hollywood glam with a little Art Deco flair, but done in a modern, refined and balanced manner that we both found very pleasing.

Second, the location was stupendous for us--just a few blocks walk to Santa Monica Blvd and just around the corner from Sunset. For our purposes, this is the best located property in all of West Hollywood.

We had a Crowne Suite for $365 a night. The room was large and open, with a nice seating area adjacent to the bed and a nice-sized bathroom and shower. Our room (465) was right above the porte cochere on the corner towards Sunset, so it was a bit noisy on our balcony but totally quiet inside our room. We lacked the impressive views offered on the other side of the hotel, but since we live in Newport Beach that wasn't an issue for us. (Still, I'd recommend requesting a city view if you can get it.) For the price, considering some other nearby hotels were at $200 a night because of the Gay Pride event, it was reasonable in our estimation.

Service was pretty good. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. It's LA, so you expect the good-looking staff to not always follow in their levels of service, but the London impressed us in this regard. On Sunday we ordered room service for breakfast, and the waiter brought us an extra cranberry juice at no charge because he thought we might want it for the second person. Nice touch. Room service was pricey, but it was also quite good.

We had drinks with friends at the rooftop bar area. It's a very swank hang-out space with the pool, cabanas, etc., and glorious views of the city. I liked it better than Sky Bar at the Mondrian almost immediately. More spacious, friendlier staff, etc. Drinks aren't cheap--my double Macallan 18 turned out to be $90, which is a rip, but they did give me quite the generous pour. We have come to expect prices like in LA, so it didn't turn us off from the hotel--but be forewarned if that bothers you!

We had dinner with friends on Friday night at Gordon Ramsay's restaurant there in the hotel. Very chic decor, and very good food--I'd give it 8.5 out of 10. Maybe higher except for a few minor details. Service was very good. But VERY pricey. Even pricey by LA standards. So I wouldn't probably dine here again unless staying at the hotel and wanting that convenience.

All in all, we were both very pleased. We would gladly stay here again the next time we need to be in West Hollywood for a weekend and highly recommend it to those whose budgets permit.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Bill R
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2010

Stayed just one night at the London and have to say I was quite impressed. They have taken an old, boring hotel and turned it into an interesting and elegant experience.

Check in very efficient. Mark took the time to ask if this was my first stay and otherwise make me feel welcome.

Rooms are very big if not a bit strangely laid out. Nevertheless it is an efficient use of space that allows them to call the rooms suites. There is plenty of room and the amenities, minibar, etc are all top of the line. The bathroom is huge and includes a multi-head shower and a huge soaking tub. Balcony is small but adequate.

Had cocktails and some light food at the rooftop pool. Specialty drinks were delicious, wait staff very courteous and friendly. Sushi was very good. Overall it was a lot quieter at the pool than I thought it would be on a Friday evening in the summer.

Did not try the Ramsay restauraunt but will do so next time. Looking forward to bringing my wife back for a longer stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
KenFromKent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2010

We recently booked a few nights at the London West Hollywood CA
as a tail end to a cruise.
The Hotel was far more that we expected.
The decor is a cut between Art Deco and Conempory which works well.

The staff were excellent from Bell Boys to Conceige to Front Desk.
There is a genuinley warm feling from the Multi National Staff who just cannot do enough to please and make your stay a memoriable one.

My particular thaks to Front dest staff Matthew, Danielle,Ramit and a Bulgarian Lady who iron my Trousers! God Bless Her
And To Scott on the Conciege desk

Attached to the Hotel is Gordon Ramseys BOXWOOD Restaurant... this is a must to visit
The food in the Restuaraunt was Par Excelence..
The Wine List is like a Book! if you cannnot find a wine you like then give up, as then it must be assume you really don't like Wine!

The restauraunt Saff... just like their colleagues in other parts of the hotel are excellent ,well trained well groomed proffessionals

Th London is an all suite hotel, well with well planned comfortable rooms and balconies
the beds are wonderfully comfortable and Tea and Coffee are avalaible in the room as are FREE telephone calls to LONDON !! 0208 and 0207 numbers

Just one critism on the rooms if you have young children keep them well away from the balcony as the gaps and height of the railings are not the best and i could see the potential for a fatal accident especially with a todller or baby going exporling... but may be thats just me be over zealous.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Monterey, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2010

I read the review about the "the dope & cig" smoke" etc... I don't get it.

I've been staying at the London in NYC since the conversion from the Rhiga Royal, they improved the NYC location in every way. Its now my home when in NYC... So I decided to give the London West Hollywood a try.
First impression is a well appointed and gracious lobby with a young staff (I'm 50) who will take care of your needs competently & efficiently... Dinner reservations, valet park, and check in are first class.
The rooms are well appointed with a great bathroom (love the double showers) and my room had a great view of the valley... my only "nudge" is that the street noise is a little loud. The workout facility and the pool on the roof were a nice surprise, as was the citrus water and fresh coffee served after your workout... It was also 65 degrees and sunny at about 8:30am which just made it an outstanding way to start your morning...
Breakfast can either be part of your room package or purchased Ala carte... either way your about $25 lighter in the pocket... but its a very nice meal.
The service was eager w/o being overbearing and the bar scene was quiet and casual. The main restaurant was closed the evenings I was there... but I will try it when I return.

A great place... very well priced for West Hollywood and within walking distance to a number of good eateries...

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,119 reviews

Been to The London West Hollywood? Share your experiences!