“One of my favourite hotels! Go!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The London West Hollywood

The London West Hollywood
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in West Hollywood
London, United Kingdom
“One of my favourite hotels! Go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

The title says it all. This has to be one of my favourite hotels in the world, and I've seen a few...
Impeccable, polite and efficient service, great breakfast, spacious, well-appointed and clean rooms with fab "his 'n his" (or his 'n hers' or hers 'n hers) showers, within walking distance of the WeHo bar strip, plenty of other local attractions, and a Gordon Ramsey restaurant. I always look forward to staying there. If your budget stretches to it, go. You won't be disappointed.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AntiqueMark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

I used to think highly of this place. and I am an event coordinator for my company. I have several team building events as well as corporate meetings for my teams. After I read the review and how the hotel rep responded to the bad comments, I wouldn't consider due to their business decision responding to hotel guests by mentality of 'better luck next time..." instead the apology should be automatic sent to the guests along with an appropriate incentive to request guests for a free revisit to comment on new experience to correct the previous bad experience. not a successful way in these feedback impact my decision, not to use this place in case of having to deal with issue, this is what they'll say, sorry too bad, better luck next time......

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SkySteph
SarahDandashy, Manager at The London West Hollywood, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Dear SkySteph,

I am so sorry you feel our responses are insincere. That, I can personally assure you, is not the case.

Concierge, Les Clefs d'Or
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

I have to say I really enjoyed parts of this hotel. The room was comfortable and spacious with nice views of the city. I would have enjoyed it more had it not been just above the schoolyard, especially since I requested a quiet room on a higher floor. But luckily enough I was armed with earplugs. But be aware of all the constant door slamming throughout the hotel during the night. If you like hard beds and stiff scratchy sheets this is a hotel for you. It is conveniently located to shopping. Not necessarily a warm staff, but they did show concern when I ordered room service and got a wine they gave me an allergic reaction,. I was able to deal with that with a Benadryl, but I appreciated the concern. I met friends up at the pool and ordered some drinks and appetizers, but it was challenging getting somebody to come over and take the order. This was during the afternoon when the pool was pretty quiet. They also include a 20% automatic tip. I'm sure this does not encourage employees to jump to their jobs when they know they have a guaranteed tip. In the past I have stayed at Andaz which is much more socially friendly, and has much better food. I'm reluctant to stay at the London west again. It just didn't have a warm personable feel with the employees, even though I tipped everybody well and often.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank renee m
SarahDandashy, Manager at The London West Hollywood, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for your review, and I am so sorry to hear you did not have a real London experience! Your room sounds like it was facing the quieter side. Naturally, some noise would come from the schoolyard area. But at least, that noise remained within school hours and not well into the evening (or so I hope!).

I am also so sorry to hear about the allergic reaction to the wine! That certainly is unusual, and I do hope we were able to assist in obtaining Benadryl and any other medication you needed for the situation.

We do pride ourselves in having a warm and friendly staff, and I sincerely apologize you did not walk away with the same feeling. Should you decide to stay with us again, and I do hope so, please feel free to reach out to me personally to arrange your stay. Please mention this review as well, so we can be certain that your stay is far better than "so-so!"

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

My partner and I were in town for just one evening, but The London- West Hollywood was the perfect spot to be in the heart of the action while having the best accommodations around. The staff was helpful and attentive from the second we arrived in at the valet station to the every interaction we had with staff.

The standard room was large and spacious; providing a feeling of old/new Hollywood! Oh and the bathroom is fantastic oasis for any traveler, with two showers heads, a large over sized tub and luxury head to toe!

We recommend The London and will be back to stay the next time we are in LA!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear RJEATL,

Thank you for your wonderful review! It sounds like you truly had The London experience—a perfect romantic getaway!

This summer we are launching 23 new luxury suites with separate living rooms and sleeping areas! So, maybe another romantic retreat is in order? Thank you again!

Warmest regards,

London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Love the London.....the building, the lobby and the rooms. Did not enjoy the experience as much this time though...
Builders on the roof using pneumatic hammers when we arrived...so we were boarded on a lower floor to compensate for this...An event for Jaguar for some unknown reason stopped the call down service for the Valet parking so had to wait ages for our car to be brought up.....
An event closed the pool area and another event official or not took place on the Saturday night on the terrace immediately below our room.....
What is this policy of no ice automatically in the room? No ice machine with access by guests? It is service overkill to have to have ice delivered on request.....!
We will give it another try next year but at these prices we expect more!

Room Tip: The higher the better on the South side overlooking the city
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear DavidHBlair,

We love to hear feedback from repeat guests, so I thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay. I am sorry to hear about issues with the enhancements we are working on. You might be pleased to know that this summer we are launching 23 new luxury suites with separate living rooms and sleeping areas! So, next year, when you join us, I hope that you will get to enjoy all the nice upgrades!

We did have a large event with Jaguar, which was quite spectacular! Unfortunately, for a brief moment, we did have to implement that one must be present downstairs to call for your car—to streamline retrieving cars from valet when the driveway is on the busy side.

Please reach out to me personally for assistance in arranging your trip! We look forward to having you join us next year!

New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

We stayed here two times on our trip (start and end) between Cabo.
Service is amazing, rooms are big and spacious as are the bathrooms etc.
We didn't make it to the hotel pool / gym - but saw it briefly and it looked great. This is a stunning, beautiful hotel - immaculate and stylish. Loved the fit out, marble etc. Stunning.

It's a little bit further out than places I have stayed before (was Thompson, now Sixty Hotel on Wilshire Blvd) - I would stay there again, only because of proximity to shopping. If not shopping, and don't mind the little bit extra being in West Hollywood - then I would stay here at London West Hollywood again.

Breakfast was included, which was good. We had dinner here - Gordon Ramsey - which was pretty average (will review) the service was great but the food wasn't.

Great there is a car service drop off within a 2 mile radius of the hotel...although we tipped the amount a cab would have cost, but really easy and great services.

Room Tip: Good value for money, so if you are here for a few days, a bigger room is always worth it.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Room had all amenities and was large enough but decoration was cold and minamalist..felt like a 70 s motel.
Food at the restaurant for dinner, compared to Nobu around the corner very ordinary.
Gym was being refurbished.
Place ran smoothly enough but no warmth to it.Would not stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Vida60
Dear Vida60,

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy our décor. The interior was designed by the famous and highly acclaimed interior designer, David Collins. He specifically chose to focus to textures and materials, to give it a city feel (like London!) and to not date the design. Many describe it is classic and chic. But as with all aesthetics, everyone has their own tastes!

Thank you for taking note of our spacious rooms. As an all-suite hotel, our rooms are the largest of all the hotels in West Hollywood (and rival many of those in Beverly Hills)!

You might be pleased to know that we are in the process of tending to updates throughout the hotel (including the gym), and this summer we will be launching 23 new luxury suites with separate living rooms and sleeping areas!

Thank you again for your review, and should you change your mind and decide to book with us again in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out!

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Hollywood
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,709 reviews
Sunset Marquis
Sunset Marquis
#7 of 18 in West Hollywood

Been to The London West Hollywood? Share your experiences!