“Very positive experience...until” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in West Hollywood
New York City, New York
“Very positive experience...until”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed at The London while I was in town celebrating my anniversary. I first want to say that the staff at this hotel is excellent. Everyone I met who worked for the hotel was very friendly and very helpful (and they somehow all addressed me by name even though it was the first time I saw them). The rooms are very large and very comfortable. The bathrooms as well are really oversized and very relaxing. My only complaint regarding the room is that it had this really old sliding door leading to the balcony, and it did nothing to block out noise from the street. I booked the Topless in LA package which includes a convertible mustang, the car was there waiting for me when I arrived and they even let me keep it for the day after I had checked out. The rooftop pool is very relaxing and the service was great. Now the negative, my last morning there, my wife and I planned to sleep in. We were woken up at approximately 645 in the morning by a loud clanking sound outside our door. I looked out and apparently they had rented the room next door to us for some kind of photo-shoot. There were 5 people all talking and laughing loudly dragging in thousands of pounds of equipment and scenery. I asked them to keep it down which they did for around a minute, repeated requests to be a little quieter had the same outcome. When I checked out, I mentioned this to the woman at the front desk and she was not very apologetic, she said that it happens. I told her that they should not rent out rooms for photo-shoots or anything like that until later in the day to which she responded, yeah maybe. Anyways this is the reason I did not give 5 stars and considered giving even less. It kind of ruined the stay for us.

Room Tip: ask them if there will be any kind of photo-shoot or anything like that in a neighboring room. If th...
1 Thank Shlokey
SarahDandashy, Manager at The London West Hollywood, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Shlokey,

I was so disheartened to read your review. It sounds like you had a great trip until the end. A, there should NOT have been a photoshoot next to an occupied room. And B, when you communicated your experience, the front desk should have been far more responsive. I sincerely apologize. Please rest assured that I will certainly communicate your experience to the appropriate management staff.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the many other aspects of your stay. The Topless package is a personal favorite of mine, because it really is such a great deal! I do hope that you will stay with us again on a future trip to Los Angeles. Please feel free to personally reach out to me so that I can arrange for you to have a much quieter stay and you can enjoy the full, true London experience!

Warmest regards,
Sarah Dandashy
Concierge, Les Clefs d’Or
sdandashy@thelondonweho.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
Stamford, CT, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

Stayed at the London as a family (2 adults and 2 kids) in 1br suite. The suite was very spacious and having 2 bathrooms was exactly what was needed. Very large patio and great views.

Can't beat the location -- close to everything, although you need a car as nobody walks in LA.

The staff is really accommodating and try really hard. The rooms are very spacious but sparsely furnished, although nothing is missing per se. The rooms are starting to show their age and need touch ups.

Overall, this is a great value for the money and I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear world_traveler_ct,

Thank you for your great review. It sounds like you truly had The London experience! We love that not only you were pleased, but that the family gave us a thumbs up!

You might be pleased to know that this summer we are launching 23 new luxury suites with separate living rooms and sleeping areas—ideal for a family. So I certainly hope that you plan to stay with us again!

Warmest regards,

Sarah Dandashy
Concierge, Les Clefs d’Or
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Ok the so the fit out was great in the lobby and semi ok in the rooms. But everywhere else was average. Its deffinately not a 'superb place to stay'.

this place had the worst service anyone could imagine, to the point that the staff will argue back!

Oh and make sure you check your credit card activity after you've left, i found some strange activity done by the hotel like additional charges. Went straight to the bank and they sorted it out. But its one of those places that once your there your on edge weather or not your going to be treated well. And i can definitely say we where not!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank jasetrade
Libertyville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

We recently stayed for 4 nights in two rooms. The rooms were in excellent shape, with comfortable sitting area in the king suite, and cavernous bathroom with dual showers and deep soaking tub. The porch overlooked the tightly manicured social or common space with white roses, a giant chess board, and seating, with a view of the Hollywood Hills. Other than a surprise tremor, the hotel was quiet as a church mouse. Service was impeccable and gracious. Sandy, Kirk and Ian are excellent concierges, and housekeeping helped me in a pinch with a suit issue. Only concern: breakfast waitstaff seemed unaware that coffee needed filling and refilling with greater frequency! Loved this hotel - would definitely go back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Nelson P
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

Everything about this hotel is fabulous! I must mention the staff first. Each of them were incredibly welcoming, accommodating, and genuinely happy. The location does not get any better than The London. Walking distance to Sunset Blvd, Santa Monica Blvd and Melrose. The decor is top notch. Modern and fun. I honestly felt as if I were inside a Veranda Magazine. A complimentary continental breakfast is offered to all guests. The rooftop pool and bar offer wonderful views of the city and the hills. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and hope I can return in the not too distant future. PS- don't be afraid to wear your finest/fashionable attire. You will fit right in.

2 Thank FunTravelsfor2
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

Stayed at the London many,many times over the years since it opened. Sexy, fun location right off the Sunset strip. Rooftop pool and bar plus gym are deluxe. Gordon Ramsey restaurant has been spotty but overall good and the room is beautiful. Rooms with views west or south, facing the strip are suggested, corner rooms with both views are best of both worlds!

Room Tip: Rooms as high up, facing west are my suggestion...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rosss962
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

We only spent one night here, but it was amazing! Our suite was clean and beautiful. The bed was very comfortable. The veranda was an added bonus! The room was stocked with everything you could ask for and then some! And the service was outstanding! The breakfast buffet was one of the best I've ever seen and the food was so good! We also had dinner at Gordon Ramsey's resturant and even though it was very pricey, the experience was worth it. I highly recommend The London West Hollywood!

Room Tip: The suite with veranda is worth the extra money!
1 Thank Tamlbrook
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,711 reviews
Sunset Marquis
Sunset Marquis
#7 of 18 in West Hollywood

Been to The London West Hollywood? Share your experiences!