“Love The London”

The London West Hollywood
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
“Love The London”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Love The London's location. Customer service is great. There was a year between my stays but the front desk called me by name and made me feel very welcome.

The rooms are spacious and the bathrooms are absolutely wonderful. I love the bath amenities. Just a great hotel and location!!!

Only complaint -- I was put in a smoking room, which I did not like but I didn't notify anyone until I was leaving. I suspect they would have moved me.

Room Tip: Just be sure to specify if you want smoking or non-smoking!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SarahDandashy, Manager at The London West Hollywood, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Marquez,

I am so sorry to hear you were not fully satisfied with your room. As you mentioned, we would have absolutely moved you to another room, given availability! Please feel free to reach out to me directly to book your future stay with us so that we can make sure your stay is perfect!

Warm regards,

Concierge, Les Clefs d'Or
sdandashy@thelondonweho.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
south
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The hotel is beautiful - very modern chic. Our room was very clean, spacious and had a spectacular view over LA. The waterfall shower head was to die for... I want to go back to just soak under that shower head.

The service was friendly and attentive to all requests. The car service was perfect - we ate at a restaurant within 2 miles of hotel, so we were offered a complimentary ride to and from. The concierge had great recommendations for dinners - enjoyed all their suggestions.

The location is very convenient for shopping in West Hollywood and Beverly Hills, but also to go explore the LA area.

Complimentary breakfast was delicious and served in Gordon Ramsey's beautiful restaurant. A great way to start the day!

I highly recommend going to enjoy sunset from the rooftop pool... we enjoyed a spectacular sunset with cocktails in hand as the sun faded over the horizon.

This hotel is charming and very well run. I highly recommend it and can't wait to return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
New York City
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The hotel hits all the right marks with service, comfort, and location; I just wish it was a bit less expensive per night. The room was huge with a bed, pillows, comforter, and bathroom that were all great. The bathroom was huge. Breakfast was included in the price and it was a busy time at the hotel and seating was slow. I wish the breakfast selection was a bit bigger, but that's minor since the overall hotel experience was terrific. The rooftop pool is wonderful with a great view. Ideally I would have liked the parking to be included in the room price since it's LA and everyone has a car. I agree with another reviewing that the sliding glass doors opening onto the terrace are old and tired (and let in street noise). In spite of my minor negative comments, I'd definitely recommend The London if in your budget.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear NYCWGV,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your latest stay. I am sorry you felt that our rates were on the high side. As an all-suite hotel, our rooms are the largest of all the hotels in West Hollywood (and rival many of those in Beverly Hills). Our luxurious bathrooms, combined with the location and views from our wonderful rooftop, free wi-fi, and the complimentary European breakfast table offered to all of our hotel guests, all make for a rather comparable rate.

Thank you for the note on the sliding doors. I will certainly pass that on to the appropriate managers. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to having you join us again in the future! Please feel free to contact me directly to book your room and a table for breakfast on your next stay to minimize any wait time.

Warm regards,
Concierge, Les Clefs d’Or
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Feels like a home away from home. Pool is the best hotel pool in West Hollywood/Bev Hills with great food and service. Breakfast buffet is excellent (minus one very slightly moody hostess). Rooms are elegant and comfortable with exceptional bathrooms. It combines the sophistication of Claridges in London with a more appropriately bright and laid back Southern California vibe. The rates remain reasonably competitive at the same time and will hopefully remain so. This hotel is generally impeccable in every respect. The very tiny imperfections are easily overlooked by the perfection of everything else. I absolutely love this hotel.

Room Tip: The higher the better. I like the Hollywood Hills view while others prefer the LA skyline. The inter...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank GeorgeBernardShaw
Paris, France
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This hotel is a very discret location to be at , the hotel style is art deco and very light colors has been used through out . The bathrooms are beautiful white marbel mozaic with double shower heads on each side of the shower cabin , the only place I have ever seen that . The beds are comfortable and then the food is really good and room service is quick . The staff is friendly and polite , I have come here since several years an it is my favourite hotel in L.A

Room Tip: All the rooms are good , eventually ask for south exposure and the 2 floor has terrasses where the o...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Orange, California
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights at the London for a New Year's Eve wedding at the hotel, I don't think I've ever had a better hotel stay. The attention to detail is incredible, from the modern yet comfortable suites, the rooftop lounge with views of the city, and the beautifully appointed lobby. But the real stars are the staff- every single person we encountered during our stay was helpful, energetic, and professional. Cody stood out especially- it seemed like he was everywhere! Serving drinks on the roof then bringing us breakfast the next morning, we could tell he takes pride in his job and loves working at the London. The hotel is definitely pricy, but worth every penny for the experience you will have!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Wellington
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I stayed here in December 2013. The room we had was enormous and the bathroom amazing. Very clean and definitely up to my very fussy standards.
The staff were always smiling and helpful, especially Sarah the Conceirge who organised some outings for us.
The breakfast buffet was lovely. Just enough variety of breakfast options, with the additional option of purchasing a hot cooked breakfast if you preferred.
We had dinner one evening at the Gordon Ramsey restaurant. The portion sizes were just right for us, but would be much much smaller than an average american restaurant size. Beautiful food, amazing flavours. The best food of our trip.
The only negative during our three night stay was the lack of double glazing. There was constant traffic noise and one night the guests downstairs decided to have a very loud party on their balcony. With no soundproofing, we just had to put up with it. I would have expected a five star hotel to have double glazing.
There was also noise from dogs staying with guests - but I guess this is LA - it's what they do here.
Overall, lovely hotel, very friendly staff, a very pleasant place to stay in LA

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from traffic noise - no double glazing means you do get constant noise if you ar...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear EmbeeWellington,

I am so glad to hear you had a wonderful stay! Thank you so, so much for the kind words regarding the many aspects of your visit. I’m glad you enjoyed the few outings I arranged as well. I am extremely sorry to hear about the noise issues you had. Please let us know for your next visit that you prefer a quieter room, as we can gladly arrange that!

And as always, please feel free to reach out to me directly for your next stay. I would love to personally make it a memorable (and quiet!) one!

Warmest regards,
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,133 reviews

Been to The London West Hollywood? Share your experiences!