“Great Stay (But Pricey)”

The London West Hollywood
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in West Hollywood
New York City
“Great Stay (But Pricey)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

The hotel hits all the right marks with service, comfort, and location; I just wish it was a bit less expensive per night. The room was huge with a bed, pillows, comforter, and bathroom that were all great. The bathroom was huge. Breakfast was included in the price and it was a busy time at the hotel and seating was slow. I wish the breakfast selection was a bit bigger, but that's minor since the overall hotel experience was terrific. The rooftop pool is wonderful with a great view. Ideally I would have liked the parking to be included in the room price since it's LA and everyone has a car. I agree with another reviewing that the sliding glass doors opening onto the terrace are old and tired (and let in street noise). In spite of my minor negative comments, I'd definitely recommend The London if in your budget.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
SarahDandashy, Manager at The London West Hollywood, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear NYCWGV,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your latest stay. I am sorry you felt that our rates were on the high side. As an all-suite hotel, our rooms are the largest of all the hotels in West Hollywood (and rival many of those in Beverly Hills). Our luxurious bathrooms, combined with the location and views from our wonderful rooftop, free wi-fi, and the complimentary European breakfast table offered to all of our hotel guests, all make for a rather comparable rate.

Thank you for the note on the sliding doors. I will certainly pass that on to the appropriate managers. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to having you join us again in the future! Please feel free to contact me directly to book your room and a table for breakfast on your next stay to minimize any wait time.

Warm regards,
sdandashy@thelondonweho.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Feels like a home away from home. Pool is the best hotel pool in West Hollywood/Bev Hills with great food and service. Breakfast buffet is excellent (minus one very slightly moody hostess). Rooms are elegant and comfortable with exceptional bathrooms. It combines the sophistication of Claridges in London with a more appropriately bright and laid back Southern California vibe. The rates remain reasonably competitive at the same time and will hopefully remain so. This hotel is generally impeccable in every respect. The very tiny imperfections are easily overlooked by the perfection of everything else. I absolutely love this hotel.

Room Tip: The higher the better. I like the Hollywood Hills view while others prefer the LA skyline. The inter...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank GeorgeBernardShaw
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

This hotel is a very discret location to be at , the hotel style is art deco and very light colors has been used through out . The bathrooms are beautiful white marbel mozaic with double shower heads on each side of the shower cabin , the only place I have ever seen that . The beds are comfortable and then the food is really good and room service is quick . The staff is friendly and polite , I have come here since several years an it is my favourite hotel in L.A

Room Tip: All the rooms are good , eventually ask for south exposure and the 2 floor has terrasses where the o...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Orange, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights at the London for a New Year's Eve wedding at the hotel, I don't think I've ever had a better hotel stay. The attention to detail is incredible, from the modern yet comfortable suites, the rooftop lounge with views of the city, and the beautifully appointed lobby. But the real stars are the staff- every single person we encountered during our stay was helpful, energetic, and professional. Cody stood out especially- it seemed like he was everywhere! Serving drinks on the roof then bringing us breakfast the next morning, we could tell he takes pride in his job and loves working at the London. The hotel is definitely pricy, but worth every penny for the experience you will have!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Wellington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

I stayed here in December 2013. The room we had was enormous and the bathroom amazing. Very clean and definitely up to my very fussy standards.
The staff were always smiling and helpful, especially Sarah the Conceirge who organised some outings for us.
The breakfast buffet was lovely. Just enough variety of breakfast options, with the additional option of purchasing a hot cooked breakfast if you preferred.
We had dinner one evening at the Gordon Ramsey restaurant. The portion sizes were just right for us, but would be much much smaller than an average american restaurant size. Beautiful food, amazing flavours. The best food of our trip.
The only negative during our three night stay was the lack of double glazing. There was constant traffic noise and one night the guests downstairs decided to have a very loud party on their balcony. With no soundproofing, we just had to put up with it. I would have expected a five star hotel to have double glazing.
There was also noise from dogs staying with guests - but I guess this is LA - it's what they do here.
Overall, lovely hotel, very friendly staff, a very pleasant place to stay in LA

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from traffic noise - no double glazing means you do get constant noise if you ar...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear EmbeeWellington,

I am so glad to hear you had a wonderful stay! Thank you so, so much for the kind words regarding the many aspects of your visit. I’m glad you enjoyed the few outings I arranged as well. I am extremely sorry to hear about the noise issues you had. Please let us know for your next visit that you prefer a quieter room, as we can gladly arrange that!

And as always, please feel free to reach out to me directly for your next stay. I would love to personally make it a memorable (and quiet!) one!

Warmest regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

I stayed at The London West Hollywood for 5 nights and loved it. The room is spacious, clean and quiet. The complimentary breakfast buffet is excellent! Great location. If I have to find something to complain about it is the shower. The shower is quite large but for some strange design reason not to my liking there isn't a shower door. The one time I used the shower the water pressure was so strong (not complaining about that) that by the time I was done there was a flood of water on the floor outside the shower. I gladly used the large soaking tub after that experience. I would happily return to The London on a trip to Los Angeles!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Bright spots - it is in a great location, and the staff all seem very friendly and helpful. The room is laid out really well so that two people can have suitcases laid out in a convenient place and our terrace was really nice. The doors to the terrace are really sad, but hopefully they will getting around to replacing those, as I saw that in other reviews. The shower is perhaps the best ever hotel shower. In a huge and awesome bathroom. Weird stuff...the cool fabric headboard was damaged, the couch looks a little sad and no one came to clean our room today. We left around 11:30 on a Saturday. Is that too late? Don't they keep track or leave a note to call if they came by and couldn't clean? Also, most places now seem to have an in room coffee maker. That would be nice since there is a cute wet bar area. Roof pool area is really cool. But every table was filthy, took forever to get a drink (when we did the server was very nice) and the guy came to clean the tables-with a fabric napkin and a desire I guess to save on cleaning fluid. Didn't result in clean tables. Gross. So I don't really get the 5 star reviews. This is a 3 or a 4 tops, with potential. If you can get a great rate, it's worth it until they fully get it together.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jal3137,

Thank you also for taking the time to write a thorough review, as our team takes all feedback seriously in a continuous effort to exceed expectations. I do find parts of your review rather disconcerting and not up to par with the level of service and accommodations we strive to provide. We are planning for interior upgrades over the coming year. And I am excited to share that we will be launching 23 new luxury suites with separate living rooms and sleeping areas later this year!

As for housekeeping attending to your room, we do offer a daily service. Quite possibly a Do Not Disturb was left on the room? In that case we usually leave a message to let you call for service when convenient. We also have coffee makers in all of our rooms, so I am not sure why your room did not have one. I have passed on these notes to our housekeeping management.

I do want to express my apologies in regards to the service on the rooftop. Absolutely, service should be attentive. I have shared your comments with our rooftop staff. I have also passed along your note on the upstairs décor to be tended to.

Thank you again for your review, and we do hope that you join us again in the future as we would love to give you a “wow” experience and show you what our real potential is… maybe even in one of our new luxury suites!

Warmest regards,
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,121 reviews

Been to The London West Hollywood? Share your experiences!