“Love this hotel however getting a bit tired :(”

The London West Hollywood at Beverly Hills
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We returned to this hotel with friends after two years ,although I do love this hotel was left feeling disappointed, on check in last visit our friends received an upgrade to a fabulous room on the corner with three windows and we didn't ,it was so days into the holiday before I realised and guess what the same happened again this visit however I did complain and was offered a change of room but really two travelling families together they should've noticed , but little touches make all the differance we paid exactly the same rate however they we still in a my h bigger room and received little touches that we didn't ie fresh bottled water replenished daily etc. the rooftop is a nightmare to get a subbed t took us 8 days before we could manage to get a bed and only then because we were advised to go early ,so at 8am we finally got beds,I feel this s a real or em and sadly we won't be returning because of this,mst people by the pool ad day guests in visiting and taking up the beds ,priority should surely be given to thse saying at the hotel,especially 10 nights ,a nice touch would ave been to offer us a cabanna for free,rather than have them empty and us without a seat,but sadly no. The pool area s also very tired looking with the cushions on the beds very very stained. Pool staff and breakfast staff a bit grumpy bt reception staff were very friendly .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank griggsfi0na
Write a ReviewReviews (1,773)

Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is an excellent hotel. I stayed 12 nites in a 3 week period. I stayed in the standard room which was huge and to my taste very nicely decorated in a subdued palette of tan, beige and black. The bathroom was beautifully tiled and massive with both a huge bathtub and a 2 person sized walk in shower. The staff were without exception excellent from the valets and doormen who were consistently efficient and nice, to the reception desk staff and concierge who did not miss greeting me warmly each day when I returned from meetings, to the almost unseen maid service who left the room immaculate each morning after I left. Truly top notch and I wouldn't hesitate recommending it to others.

Gordon Ramsay's food however was rather shockingly medicore at best (same fare for breakfast every single day not once variation in 12 days) to down right dreadful. Not being very hungry one evening, I ordered a child's portion of pasta and a side salad. The pasta was completely mushy and the salad covered in dressing. Really Gordon is this what you would serve your children? I think not! I ordered room service on a few other evenings when I was back late from working and whilst not as terrible as the children's menu, it was only average at best and very expensive. Friends who live in LA said they tried the restaurant a few times and were disappointed with it. However I definitely would not let the food put me off staying at the hotel as it is really great and there are loads of very good restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: The rooms on the San Vincente Street side were a bit noisy from the traffic until about midnight, bu...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed here just one night on a business trip and were STUNNED by the luxurious accommodations we found at the The London. Upon walking in we were greeted by a friendly staff and were amazed at the beautiful decor and music in the lobby. Our room far exceeded our expectations, and our mouths dropped at the solid marble bathroom that was HUGE and nearly as big as our apartment back home. The view from our balcony was great as well. By far our favorite memories were the pool on the roof, which was extremely well kept up and absolutely gorgeous. This was only topped by the complementary breakfast, which should more properly be described as a complimentary feast. Fruits, cheeses, quiche, meets, fresh melon juices, coffee, breads, and on and on and on. We decided that we would return to LA just so we could stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2013

A great hotel in the middle of West Hollywood. Incredible suites, beautiful rooftop pool, great restaurant - breakfast included! Star spotting location, but restful and relaxing place for all. We loved relaxing by the pool in the early morning and late afternoons where there is great food service. This hotel is a special find!

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We had a great stay at the London West Hollywood. The rooms and the Hotel had a great fit out and the rooms were spacious. Also, the breakast and bar were fantastic so if you are looking for a hotle close to the strip I would recomend it. The staff were all extremely helpful!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The pros:
- Huge rooms, terrific bathrooms
- Nice roof deck lounge (could do more here)
- Great location

the cons:
- restaurant needs to go (although the complimentary bfast is a nice touch)
- the fitness center is awful
- the valet parking situation always seems crowded and takes a while

The hotel is designed well and has great rooms. I would stay here again but they could improve the property by adding some life or a real lobby bar.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Overall we had a great stay.
What we liked the most about the hotel:
- amazing, beautiful and spacious bathrooms
- spacious rooms with sofas and balconies as standard rooms
- amazing views from the hotel pool and comfy sun loungers to relax around the pool
- brilliant service

What we didn't like so much:
- queueing for a table for breakfast!!?? really?? If this should create some hype about the breakfast it totally backfires.
- included breakfast is just ok, nothing special
- food served on the rood top/pool area is just a joke. it's so bad it's quite funny, especially as it is a "Gordon Ramsey" menu.

Overall a great stay, we liked it a lot because of the rooms, the food didn't convince.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Beverly Hills
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
#5 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The London West Hollywood at Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!