“Great location, lovely stay!”

The London West Hollywood
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Alberta
“Great location, lovely stay!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

So quiet and peaceful, the comfortable bed was heaven. It’s nice have such calm tranquility in a hotel room yet when stepping out of the elevator, you are apart of it all. Famed ‘Viper Room’ is just across the parking lot and ‘Whisky A Go Go’ is just across the street.

Part of me wants to camp in the lobby instead of the balcony, and just watch the people go by. Or even dogs, as they are welcome too. Many celebs spotted during my 2 day stay.

I adored the Keurig in my room, as much as the free wifi and delicious food by a culinary team hand picked by Gordon Ramsay {your choice of cafes, restaurants or even in-room dining}.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

From the front desk, to the restaurant, gift shop, bell men, and valet staff., we were treated with courtesy and kindness by one and all. We were disappointed that the rooftop pool and fitness center were occupied by a film crew during most of our stay. However, upon mentioning this, our room rate was reduced. The breakfast buffet was great, dinner in Gordon Ramsey's restaurant was delicious (service was a little slow, but respectfully so.) We would stay here again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

High end venue but low end value in terms of location, exorbitant parking rates, slow service and pricey accommodation. However, it's a good place to bump into Hollywood celebrities. If that is something that you came to Hollywood for. Met a few during our stay. but I don't think I'll choose this place again.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Stardom13
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We love staying ai the London when in LA ,location is perfect and the staff are excellent .
The rear rooms are noisey because of the school and fire trucks and the smoke from people smoking on their terraces is awful.
The main gripe is--the Hotel is tired -it needs a make over -furniture is worn and threadbare and walls are stained and marked.
After two weeks in Asian hotels which are like palaces the contrast is very marked.
Breakfast while free is a bit spartan.
Bar service is excellent and the cocktails first class.
Overall it is still a great place to stay

Room Tip: avoid rooms facing the school
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JACK C
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We had gone through a very rough day, but upon arriving at the hotel, our stress vanished. We ordered room service, watched a funny movie and drifted off to sleep in a room with a beautiful view of the city. Truly, a very nice stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Can't thank the staff enough for a wonderful overnight stay at the London. The valets, bellhops, and front desk staff were all a pleasure. Had a great time at the rooftop pool for a quick swim, then later before dinner for a drink. Our suite was spotless and spacious, with a beautiful view of Los Angeles. After a busy weekend, we checked in and spent the rest of our time in the hotel. Dinner and a great complimentary breakfast at Gordon Ramsey's restaurant, and a lot of relaxation around the pool.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James R
Los Angeles
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I booked a room for one night as a surprise for my BF's birthday. We live in LA but I knew he'd be happy with a mini staycation, and the London met and in some cases exceeded my expectations. Upon checking in, we got upgraded to a suite on a higher floor. All the rooms are at least suite-size, meaning very spacious with a sitting area in addition to the bed. And the bathroom. Whoa. The nicest hotel bathroom I've seen. It was almost as big as the bedroom! And, this is just a side note, we loved the products (shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer, etc) that were provided. The balcony overlooking San Vicente Blvd had a fantastic view, and the bed itself was super comfortable and luxurious.

We went up to check out the rooftop pool, which also has an amazing view of the city. I will say that when we ordered a snack, it took forever to arrive. How long does it take to make a quesadilla? And we had to ask a couple times. But no big deal.

The main issue I had was with an unexpected charge from the London Bar off the hotel lobby. I had friends come meet us to celebrate my BF's birthday and had brought in an outside cake (which I had inquired about and they said was fine). The staff took care of the cake and asked me if I wanted it cut. I said yes, and they informed me there would be a $3 cutting fee. $3? Fine, whatever, I thought. Of course. And how many pieces should there be? I don't know, maybe 30? So they cut the cake and brought out the slices. Great. But then at the end of the night, I discovered that when they said a $3 cutting fee, they meant PER SLICE. So I was charged $90 just to cut the cake! And I had paid $65 for the cake itself, so it cost me $155 just to have a birthday cake with some friends! Had the staff been clearer about the PER SLICE charge, I would've cut the cake myself, or else just had them cut 4 big pieces or something. It was the one black mark on an otherwise great event.

But overall, I'd highly recommend the London. For what you get and in comparison to some other boutique hotels, it's fairly reasonable price-wise, just don't get your birthday cake cut by the staff!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,134 reviews

Been to The London West Hollywood? Share your experiences!