“Our favorite West Hollywood hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The London West Hollywood

The London West Hollywood
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
Charlotte, NC
“Our favorite West Hollywood hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel for 5 years now, and each year we realize why we keep coming back. We feel like we have "finally" arrived on the west coast when we get checked into the London. The staff is so friendly and the rooms as well as the view are amazing. If you go, you MUST visit the rooftop pool. Can't say enough good things about this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank bc2mc3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
Newmarket, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice now. Both times we had the Modern Vista Suite with 2 king size beds. The first time we had the most beautiful view of Los Angeles!!! I will look into my pictures and add some of the views. The second time we had a view of the rooftop gardens and also overlooking the Hollywood Hills!!! LOVE IT!! You can see the mansion they filmed Iron Man at the top of the hill plus so many celebrity homes.

The rooms are extremely clean with very modern and lovely decor. The bathroom is spacious. I like that we had a seat in the shower and several shower heads. I loved the huge deep bathtub.

The food from Gordon Ramsay's restaurant in the hotel was delicious! I am sure it was a bit pricey but consider where you are. And you pay for what you get. My daughter ordered the cheeseburger and fries and 4 of us agreed it was the best darn Burger we have EVER had in life! I do not know what they did differently but I will always return for more!

The best part was the rooftop pool! My daughter loved the pool and I have to admit I was worried with all the adults around that I was the only one with a child and she may irritate the guests. But I was wrong! The staff at the pool are so friendly and informative! Poor things I was asking so many questions about the area, things to do etc. They were all more than happy to sit and have a conversation with me. Both times there were always some children, but definitely more adults.

The location is amazing! Right off Sunset Blvd. Close to all major highways as we always rent a car and drive to Palm Springs, Santa Monica Downtown etc and we have never had a problem finding anything. There are a lot of restaurants and shopping in minutes of walking distance!!

This is a great modern, clean and perfectly situated hotel. I definitely recommend this hotel to anybody wanting to stay in the West Hollywood area who is not on a tight budget.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank chrissy_fyn
Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

It was a beautiful sunny day in West Hollywood when my husband and I arrived at The London, so we dropped off our bags and headed to the roof top pool. The pool area is very nice with a great view of the city. We had lunch up there on our lounge chair and the food was very good. We did have to share a lounge chair because we arrived in the middle of the day, and since it was so nice outside the pool was crowded. It is not a huge party scene, more of a mellow, relaxing vibe. When we headed back down to our room, which was spacious, clean, and nicely decorated we headed to our balcony and watched the sunset over our city view. The bathroom was also gorgeous. The shower was large with the option to use a rainfall nozzle, a regular one and a hand held nozzle. The next morning, they offered a buffet which was included in our hotel stay cost, but the breakfast menu looked so delicious, we ordered off of that instead. The London is also in a great area. In walking distance to the Sunset Plaza, Viper Room and many other touristy spots. I would definitely stay here again if we are in the West Hollywood area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

The bathrooms at this place are truly outstanding. My room had a separate double shower and a separate tub. Nice shower products too. The rooms are quite spacious as well. I would definitely stay there again and recommend to others. It is not too pretentious which is also a bonus.

Stayed February 2013
Menomonie, Wisconsin, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I and my daughter stayed at the London West Hollywood for my daughters 21st birthday and it was by far the best hotel I have ever stayed at. Everyone was super friendly from the minute we arrived. Although the l-shaped sofa was large enough for my daughter to sleep on they provided her with a roll-away bed anyway! The bathroom is HUGE and the room was very clean and spacious! I have nothing bad to say about the London West Hollywood it was a great place within walking distance or driving distance of everything we wanted to do and see.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a week.This was the best hotel I have ever stayed at! I have stayed all over the world at the Burj-al Arab in Dubai which is a 7star and various other 6 and 5 stars and this hotel Is defiantly at the top of my pile of the best hotel in the world ! . All the staff were so friendly. We mostly eat out but we eat at the hotel a few times and it was truly great! The pool is awesome it is right at the top of the hotel on the roof, We stayed in a suite with a huge balcony the rooms were really good.I would recommend this hotel to anybody looking to stay at a hotel in Hollywood!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank HarryDubai1
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I will start by admitting that when I arrived to check in, I found out that I had accidentally made a reservation for 3 weeks later. Yes, I am brilliant! Luckily for me, Eugene at the front desk felt sorry for me, even though I'm sure the price to switch was in the hundreds of dollars. He spoke with someone in the back and got me into the same level room I'd reserved for 3 weeks later at the same rate. What an angel.

The room was one of the Veranda Suites and it was huge w/ a lovely little balcony (it's just one room btw). The bathroom was top notch w/ an amazing soaking tub that I didn't have the pleasure of testing out. A regret that will put the London at the top of my list for my next trip to LA. The morning complimentary continental breakfast is wonderful and not your typical dry danish and weak coffee. Check it out. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to check out the roof, but that will also be on my list for my next visit.

This was a gorgeous hotel with a fantastic, helpful staff. I will definitely be visiting again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel
#11 of 17 in West Hollywood
4.0 of 5 stars 1,748 reviews

Been to The London West Hollywood? Share your experiences!