The London West Hollywood at Beverly Hills
Le Montrose Suite Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$316
$240
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Petit Ermitage(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$325
  • Pool
Sunset Tower Hotel(West Hollywood)
$395
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Andaz West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$269
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$267
$259
  • Breakfast included
Grafton on Sunset(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$264
$200
  • Restaurant
Chamberlain West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$278
$240
  • Restaurant
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$348
$237
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Sunset Marquis(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$403
$350
Agoda.com
Chateau Marmont(West Hollywood)
$685
1,867 results
All reviewsdouble showergordon ramsey restaurantrooftop poolcrown suiteboxwood restauranthouse carsoaking tubbel agehuge bathroomsunset stripcomplimentary breakfastlos angelesconcierge deskbeverly hillsbottle of champagnerooms are spaciousyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Just back from another stay at The London and experienced a few mildly annoying moments... First, I had reserved one of the hotel’s non-smoking ‘Vista Suites’ which, if you read the hotel’s website, are located on floors 5-8. On check-in I specifically verified the room I’d booked and was given 'the last remaining room' in the category. I went to the room (on the third floor…so not a ‘Vista Suite’) and it was definitely a smoking room - the ashtray was a big hint but the overwhelming reek of stale tobacco kind of gave it away. I went back to the front desk and after some lame excuse and lots of pointless tapping on the computer I was given a non-smoking room in the category I’d booked. I stay in hotels about 100 nights a year and it often happens that front desk staff try a ‘bait and switch’ by placing customers in lower quality rooms. My advice is to always have a copy of your booking confirmation and demand to get what you’re being charged for.
Second, where’s the coffee maker? The London used to have K-Cup machines in the rooms but now they’ve been pushed out by a supersize basket of overpriced potato chips and candy bars. Yes, you can get a complimentary coffee in the restaurant but it does require getting dressed and making a trip to the lobby. Are things getting so desperate at the hotel that they have to gouge guests via the minibar to boost margins?
Third, at breakfast of one my party made a specific request for something not on the menu. I then went to the buffet and two of the wait staff were standing nearby (behind the bar) talking openly and complaining and laughing about two guests who were at that time having breakfast. One was a member of my party and the other at a near-by table. They were mocking both my friend’s request and the fact that the diners at the other table didn’t speak English. This really annoyed me. I’m well aware that people like talking about people but, really, take it in to the kitchen. Whoever is in charge of the restaurant staff should point-out that it is never a good idea to complain about your customers in the middle of a busy restaurant.
Fourth, wait staff at the pool-side restaurant were nice, but hopeless. There are barely ten things on the menu but the waitress couldn’t answer the most basic questions about the dishes. Also, the food quality was so-so at best. For example, the popcorn shrimp here just some lame fried shrimp swimming in Thai sweet chili sauce (take my advice and go to either nearby Koi or Katana for the real thing). I had the burger which is supposed to come with sautéed onions…I got a slice of raw red onion instead. This isn’t tragic, just indicative of sloppy management (and not deserving of the 'Gordon Ramsay" name. Oh, and the food is waaaay overpriced.
All little things but they add up to a larger point that management is not paying attention to the kind of details that define the customer experience…and too much attention on ramping up margins. I had really wanted a better experience as I genuinely like the hotel. However, after a number of stays I feel that the overall quality of the place has deteriorated. Keeping a top-tier hotel competitive requires on-going investment in people and the property. This seems to be lacking at The London.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jkojkl
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Enjoyed the hotel and loved the roof top pool. It was perfect the unwind and enjoy the afternoon. The hotel is really nice and the staff was great. Location is ideal with or without a car. I will return without a doubt.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed here with three other couples for 5 or so nights. The rooms are large, stylish and comfortable. The breakfast is so so but the excellent pool and roof to restaurant menu more than made up for this. Kirk Figgins is the best concierge we have ever come across. There was nothing this man couldn't arrange. A great location, central and easy to get to. We booked the Topless in L.A package which was excellent value for money.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed at the London for two nights during our stop in LA. Beautifully presented lobby and fabulous rooms. The bathrooms are stunning. One of the best places we stayed whilst in the US for 3 weeks. Also had dinner at the restaurant (included in our package), it was a great dinner but was just missing a little something compared to the other Michelin starred restaurants we dined at in the US.
Rooftop looked great, unfortunately didn't get a chance to use it.
A fantastic hotel, highly reccomended.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed for 6 nights, this Hotel has everything you require, awesome service, great location for LA, we stayed on holiday from Australia, no car but the best places are a taxi ride away, I wont mention Disneyland as that isnt close by but aint worth the visit anyway.

Room Tip: As is the norm with any hotel the higher the better, we were on the fifth floor, faultless, bottom floor may have no view from what I could see
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family