“Great Spot”

Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great Spot”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel... the Terrace and Tower Bar were excellent. We really appreciated our experience with the valet service here: Patrick was considerate and took excellent care of us and our car.... helped us get my husband's scooter in and out and helped me put it together. We will stay here again!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Always the best time staying, eating and drinking at the Sunset Tower. The service is great. Last time I was there Solina took such great care of me and the guest I was with that I find myself asking for every time I return! Its a perfect place to stay - so centrally located and you can host all your dinners and meetings in the different parts of the hotel. Its perfect!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I absolutely love staying here when we come to LA. The building has a fabulous old Hollywood past and had been renovated in a chic modern way without being overdone.

The bar and restaurant are not only fun to see and be seen but the food is also excellent! Dimitri will guide you to an excellent drink or something wonderful you should try.

The service here is beyond expectation. Tim the hotel ambassador is amazing and truly one of the nicest people I have ever met he makes your arrival and stay a memorable one. Angel at The Terrace restaurant and pool has been so incredible I don't even know where to begin! His customer service is beyond expectation. And Jared, always so helpful and smiling, he's a joy to be around!

By the time you leave this hotel it feels like home! Which is why I know everyone's name and will keep coming back every year!

• Stayed July 2014
San Diego
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We travel often but it has been awhile since we feel compelled to write a review. Primo location, right near the touristy stuff without being right in the middle of it. Our one bedroom suite was more than ample with nice touches like the Nespresso, plush robes and Kiehl's bath products. We relaxed at the Lounge facing the pool while waiting for our room and enjoyed cocktails (cha-ching!) while facing an awesome view of LA! Last time we were here we stayed at the Roosevelt and it was too much. Chaotic and snobby service. The Sunset is more intimate and boutique-like. Great, genuine service from the staff. We were here for a show at the Bowl. Highly recommend using Uber. No wait at the Bowl venue when leaving. Very impressed with this hotel, we will be back!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2014

My mother and I stayed at this hotel for four days. The location was perfect and the staff was excellent. Everyone there was very kind, courteous, and helpful. Stella, who worked at the front desk, was very good at answering our questions and making our overall stay enjoyable. The food at both the Terrace and the Tower Bar was impeccable. Our room on the sixth floor had a nice view and was very comfortable. The history and the Art Deco theme was what initially drew me to this hotel. It was built in 1929 and stars like Marilyn Monroe, Clark Gable, and Jean Harlow have taken up residence here. While eating dinner in the Tower Bar, we were told that stars like Jennifer Aniston, Robert DeNiro, Johnny Depp, George Clooney, and Jennifer Lawrence have dinned here. We are from a small town in Ohio, so we thought that was very cool! Overall, I was very impressed with this hotel and I would definitely stay here again the next time I travel to LA.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Griffith, Australia
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Enjoyed a great three day stay at The Sunset Tower, the food was excellent, the atmosphere was stunning and the staff were all generally very friendly and eager to assist. I was accommodated on Level 7 at the Sunset Blvd side of the building and found the street noise to be minimal. I had the pleasure of dining in the Tower Bar on the first evening, excellent food and great service by all. I also had the pleasure of meeting Dimitri Dimitrov on my final night in the hotel.

A great stay - I will be back on my next visit to LA.

Room Tip: My preference for rooms would be on the De Longpre Ave side of the building on the 8th floor or high...