“Impeccable service”

Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in West Hollywood
London, United Kingdom
“Impeccable service”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

All I can say is that I wish I could stay longer. A quaint hotel with graceful beauty. It was my first visit to the city and I felt right at home. My particular thanks has to go to Angel, an extremely kind waiter who helped navigate me around the city, told me the best place to go.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Cn1995

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
melbourne
Reviewed May 17, 2014

I stayed solo (with no car) at Sunset Tower Hotel for 3 nights to break up my return flight to Australia from NYC. The hotel was just what I was looking for, in that it is low key and retains original art deco features and style, but has been elegantly updated with great modern touches including huge bathrooms. Loved the Nespresso machine and Keihls products in rooms. This hotel is not try hard or ostentatious like many LA hotels seem to be, so if you like that sort of thing, go elsewhere. I had a hammam and massage package in the spa which was wonderful - very happy with Megan the therapist. I also ate at the bar in the Tower Restaurant 2 nights and the atmosphere and service were faultless. Breakfast at the Terrace overlooking the pool each day was lovely, and again the service especially from Victoria was very friendly and professional. The pool might not be huge for those who wish to do laps each morning, but for the rest of us, it is absolutely fine size wise. Mossein the front desk manager was great and very helpful with an issue I had with my booking - kudos to him - an asset to the hotel. The only reason I am not giving the hotel 5 stars is because I had the issue in first place and I asked for some warm milk to be delivered to my room one morning for my coffee and it never came. Other than that I would def stay here again, but next time I'Ill make sure I hire a car as it is so hard to get around without one!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room with a good view when you check in.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank brookelogan
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 16, 2014

When we lived in LA, we'd come to the Tower Bar frequently for a nightcap - the drinks are expensive but it's a cool, calm vibe with no hassle yet a great crowd.

So when we were visiting LA for a wedding, we decided we'd stay here and see if the rest of hotel matched the elegance and style of the Tower Bar. I'm happy to report it does!

We booked the standard class room but on a higher floor, which had a great view of LA and the Hollywood Hills. The room was spacious and the bed comfortable (though very soft as another review mentioned). A high-end but basic continental breakfast is included in the room rate, as is wi-fi. The Tower Bar is still fabulous, as is the poolside restaurant. Great scene, and some fun celebrity sightings. Service throughout was very friendly and polite, though the service actually at the pool could be a little more attentive.

There was a VERY minor housekeeping issue that when we called attention to it, the front desk was mortified and went above and beyond the call of duty to apologize - this was greatly appreciated.

The only reason this doesn't get 5 stars is the spa and gym are a bit of a let down. I had a great massage in the spa but there's no "spa experience" (steam, sauna, etc.) to enjoy beforehand. You just wait for your appointment and then leave when it's done. At those prices, there should be more to it!

Otherwise a perfect stay, and we'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor. If light at night time bothers you, ask for a room that doesn't face th...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

I stayed only for 2 nights at the Sunset Tower Hotel but those were amzing.
Beautiful nice rooms with an touch of the old Hollywood Belle Époque. The Hotel is located directly on the Sunset Strip. What means there are a lot of good Restaurants and Nightclubs near by. To relax the pool area is fantastic. Angel & Viktoria both took care of us and made us feel like we would be Royals ! All I can say its by far the best Hotel in L.A.
Thanks also to the greek valet chef for giving us directions and all the help we needed in L.A.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ChalresA2010
Reviewed May 14, 2014

A short trip, but one of many starting the first year this hotel opened. I leave tomorrow morning once again knowing it will be my first choice to stay during my next visit to LA. It continues to provide the ambiance and service that makes it one of my favorite places to stay in the US. If one seeks a slower but attentive pace, privacy, coziness, out of site views and a professional staff, this is a place for you. The Tower Bar and the Terrace alone are worthy of a stay, with excellent bartenders and staff at both. Dimitri in the Tower Bar is a delight and a true professional and Soliana in the Terrace Bar was pleasant and stood out.. I highly recommend this property for business travel and a haven for leisure travel..

Room Tip: Rooms facing the city are the obvious best choices due to view and less street noise, but street vie...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank gerald m
Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed at the sunset tower for 5 nights last week. I chose it based on the reviews,however I now believe many of them to be fake.
I arrived early. The reception staff did not smile once let alone offer me breakfast while I waited for my room. I was told they would call me when my room was ready. By 3.30pm they hadn't called so I went back and was able to check in. I was told my bags would be brought up to my room. After 35 minutes of waiting I went back downstairs and got them myself. Not good.

One of the reasons that I wanted to stay in the hotel was due to the pool and terrace. However, be aware that the hotel double dips and hires it out for private functions, kicking guests out. This happened on 2 consecutive nights of my stay (and the days of the best weather).I was TOLD to leave the terrace at 3.50pm for their function. I also saw other guests complaining about the same issue and when they walked away, the reception staff were smirking about it. Terrible. Why expect guests to pay for facilities that they can't use.

I have no idea who Soliana or Angel are. No wait person asked for my name let alone remembered it, and they did not offer theirs. And I barely saw a smile.

If a hotel is going to write their own reviews, at least try to make them a reality. I won't stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014
6 Thank Angebange
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed May 12, 2014

The historic Sunset Tower Hotel in West Hollywood features the finest dining room and bar, terrace overlooking the pool and downtown Los Angeles in the distance, and most importantly, the staff are absolutely the best in the business. General Manager Tim Cunningham is as good as it gets at the front desk, remembering our names, where we are visiting from, and "hands on" accommodating to any requests. The Tower Bar and Dining Room is run by Dimitri, a greater than life restaurant manager who makes the dining experience absolutely wonderful, and the food and drinks perfectly compliment the personable Dimitri and the wait staff working with him. Breakfast at the terrace is quite a nice experience with a wonderful wait staff, run by manager ambassador James Lukanik, and two special waiters who are as good as it gets, personable, remembering the details of preferences for coffee etc, are Victoria and Angel. The only regret is having to check out and fly back home, but excitement about returning to Los Angeles and to the Sunset Tower Hotel to catch up with these fine folks who make the hotel truly special.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Beverly Hills
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Sunset Tower Hotel? Share your experiences!