“Hollywood Glam Vacation”
Review of Sunset Tower Hotel

Sunset Tower Hotel
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is so exciting & glamorous , which is why I booked it. From the minute you get out of the car , the valet attendant looks like a young Johnny Mathis. The entire staff is so good looking & gracious. The rooms are very clean & the panoramic view of Sunset Strip is great day & night. Our room was a king suite on the 10th floor, which was a fabulous location . The room is very small , but the bed is comfy.The bathroom had only a shower & I prefer a tub. The bathrobes provided are swell. The history of the hotel gets you started on your Hollywood tour. This is a quite hotel with a small pool, but they make sure the hotel guests have first priority for the lounge chairs. You can have drinks & food around the pool.. I cannot rate the main restaurant,since I could not get a reservation. I should have booked the restaurant ahead of time. Movie Stars eat there late on Sat. nights. The walk down Sunset Blvd has lots of cafes & shopping .My only complaint is the hotel lobby & business center is way too dark.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was my second stay at the Tower, and there was a snafu with my reservation rate. It was the fault of the travel agency and not of the hotel; nevertheless, the conflict was not resolved by my check-out time. Drew, the front office manager, smiled, promised he'd take care of it, and sent us off to the airport without our having paid. By the time I landed at my home airport, Drew had corrected the problem and emailed me the bill which reflected the change.
The food was great, as was the service, the massage, and the salon. I'll be back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I was recommended this hotel by a client who stayed here years ago and we were not disappointed. Our suite was nice and roomy and very comfortable. Staff were great. We weren't too impressed with the tower bar service as I guess since we weren't celebrities we weren't good enough to eat in there as we made a reservation and the lady at the counter said it would be over and hour wait and would we like to eat at the terrace instead, yet as we walked through the tower bar all we saw were empty tables. My fav staff member were actually the boys out the front, nothing was ever too much to ask of them and i feel people tend to forget about them as being important too. Overall it was a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Shannii
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had a lovely working lunch at The Terrace restaurant- the food was delicious and the atmosphere was even better! It feels like a lovely European lunch spot overlooking LA.

We had WONDERFUL service from Jacob and the manager, James. Jacob was friendly, knowledgable and so so helpful throughout our entire meal. He truly made our first lunch experience here even that much better. James was also simply fantastic. So professional, friendly and accommodating!

A great experience and delicious lunch! Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Brinleigh R
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Awesome hotel. The reviews on TA are all pretty accurate. Old Hollywood feel, fantastic service, friendly staff, very clean rooms, great neighborhood (walked to the Rainbow Grill & Nobu), and great price. Pool is kinda small, but no big deal. You will not be disappointed.
Get the "free" continental breakfast poolside. Only $5 with omelettes.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Loved everything about the experience at Sunset Tower Hotel. The staff was so friendly and warm. A nice gentleman at the concierge even upgraded us to a suite when we were only there for 2 nights. Wish we could have stayed longer. We ended up eating dinner there both nights (once on the terrace and once in piano bar) because it was so cozy and the food was great. The menu will satisfy just about any palette- it's simple but elegant. The hotel has a ton of character, and although its not as lavish as some other hotels in the area- it has a quality that can't compare- right down to the cookies in your room before bed. When back in LA- will definitely be staying there again! It seems as though the staff treat every customer the same, with a genuine warmth and sincerity.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NatashaPenzo
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I really did eat the sashimi every night I was there... it is just that good! The bar staff and servers welcomed me back very warmly and made my trip as perfect as possible. Meeting friends and business associates is always a treat too. It is the place with an incredible energy & atmosphere where you can truly have a home away from home. I slept like a dead man and always woke to a quiet morning with a fresh breakfast. The Sunset Tower stands as a monument to great service and is unsurpassed by any others that I have seen.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
The Hollywood Roosevelt
#16 of 354 in Los Angeles
Andaz West Hollywood
#4 of 19 in West Hollywood

Been to Sunset Tower Hotel? Share your experiences!