“Never Disappoints. Always Delights.”
Review of Sunset Tower Hotel

Sunset Tower Hotel
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I really did eat the sashimi every night I was there... it is just that good! The bar staff and servers welcomed me back very warmly and made my trip as perfect as possible. Meeting friends and business associates is always a treat too. It is the place with an incredible energy & atmosphere where you can truly have a home away from home. I slept like a dead man and always woke to a quiet morning with a fresh breakfast. The Sunset Tower stands as a monument to great service and is unsurpassed by any others that I have seen.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 30, 2013

my fiancé & i love to stay at The Sunset Tower when visiting LA. it's ideally located with beautifully appointed art deco rooms and common areas.
the tower bar restaurant is elegant & cool with stunning city views, a classic brasserie menu and an extensive beverage list that includes the perfect martini. the terrace is a beautiful, cozy spot to enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner overlooking the pool and city beyond. we've had many meals here and it never fails to please.
service at both restaurants is professional and super friendly. say hello to angel at the terrace--he's the best!
touches such as kiehls products, fluffy robes and turndown service w/ cookies always make for an overall special experience, even when we're in town for a quick layover or business trip. it's old school glamour but decidedly fresh.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Great bar staff! The Hendricks cucumber martini are spectacular Fried chicken Sunday and Mondays are worth the wait. Sean and Brett are extremely welcoming and brilliant mixologists. The Terrace is stunning.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My partner and I stayed there with our good friends. The place was stunning and immaculate! Our friends had a great room. Our room was even better.The standard of accommodation was first class, there was everything you needed and more to make the holiday complete right down to the pool and view! Fantastic! Make sure to take time to see Angel and his team of fabulous servers Derek and Victoria. If you feel like staying in, order the pancakes from Daniel from in room dining. This is the place to be pampered.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Was recently in Los Angeles on business. It was during E3 Live so the city was busy and I was having trouble finding a hotel. A friend recommended Sunset Tower. They had availability and so I went.
It was a 4 day stay. The rooms are small, but extremely well appointed. The service is excellent, the bed out of this world, the linens are incredible. I repeat, the bed is the best I have ever experienced, bar none. They leave you the best fresh baked chocolate chip cookies with the turndown service. There was zero street noise in my room and I had a wonderful nights sleep. I need to repeat, the bed was best I have ever slept on, bar none.
The downstairs patio is fantastic with a nice breeze that flows through the entire first floor.It's an elegant place with a gracious staff. A lovely person named Wendy Krueger helped me with my reservation. Can't thank her enough - she was as sweet as the cookies.
Overall, I would recommend this to anyone visiting Los Angeles. It is an upscale hotel at a good price. It's well managed and the focus is service. I hope your stay there is as good as mine was.

Room Tip: I was in the room facing Sunset. I was afraid there would be off street noise coming through the art...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My partner and I decided to take a mini vacation to LA for some sunshine and relaxation. When searching for a hotel, a dear friend suggested The Sunset Tower. I immediately logged on to Trip Advisor and read such wonderful reviews and knew we had to stay. What a great decision that was. This is hands down the best hotel in all of Los Angeles. The hostess of the Tower Bar Restaurant (which was incredible), Miranda, was warm and welcoming and made sure we got the best seat in the house.

The Terrace Room has the most impressive continental buffet we've seen anywhere. They pull out all the stops here. Fresh berries, smoked salmon, a delicious selection of pastries and you haven't lived until you've experienced their french press coffee. Just fabulous. Each day of our stay we were exquisitely taken care of by our servers Derrick, Victoria and Angel. These guys have an eye for detail and will make sure you leave feeling like a Hollywood star. We also have to give a special thank you to Marvin the chef at the omelette station. He was so friendly and even remembered what we had in our omelettes every day!

The rooms are beautifully decorated and the house keeping staff works hard to ensure the rooms are spotless. We can't thank those men and ladies enough. Thanks again Sunset Tower Hotel management and staff. We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I've stayed there twice in the last 2 months. One on business, one with my wife and 3 girls. Awesome staff, very attentive, with no hassles whatsoever. Echoing a previous reviewer, Viktoria (sp?) is an excellent ambassador for this hotel. But everyone was friendly, accommodative and attentive. 5 stars.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
The Hollywood Roosevelt
#16 of 354 in Los Angeles
Andaz West Hollywood
#4 of 19 in West Hollywood

Been to Sunset Tower Hotel? Share your experiences!