“Hidden Treasures”

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in West Hollywood
Los Angeles
“Hidden Treasures”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Was recently in Los Angeles on business. It was during E3 Live so the city was busy and I was having trouble finding a hotel. A friend recommended Sunset Tower. They had availability and so I went.
It was a 4 day stay. The rooms are small, but extremely well appointed. The service is excellent, the bed out of this world, the linens are incredible. I repeat, the bed is the best I have ever experienced, bar none. They leave you the best fresh baked chocolate chip cookies with the turndown service. There was zero street noise in my room and I had a wonderful nights sleep. I need to repeat, the bed was best I have ever slept on, bar none.
The downstairs patio is fantastic with a nice breeze that flows through the entire first floor.It's an elegant place with a gracious staff. A lovely person named Wendy Krueger helped me with my reservation. Can't thank her enough - she was as sweet as the cookies.
Overall, I would recommend this to anyone visiting Los Angeles. It is an upscale hotel at a good price. It's well managed and the focus is service. I hope your stay there is as good as mine was.

Room Tip: I was in the room facing Sunset. I was afraid there would be off street noise coming through the art...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

My partner and I decided to take a mini vacation to LA for some sunshine and relaxation. When searching for a hotel, a dear friend suggested The Sunset Tower. I immediately logged on to Trip Advisor and read such wonderful reviews and knew we had to stay. What a great decision that was. This is hands down the best hotel in all of Los Angeles. The hostess of the Tower Bar Restaurant (which was incredible), Miranda, was warm and welcoming and made sure we got the best seat in the house.

The Terrace Room has the most impressive continental buffet we've seen anywhere. They pull out all the stops here. Fresh berries, smoked salmon, a delicious selection of pastries and you haven't lived until you've experienced their french press coffee. Just fabulous. Each day of our stay we were exquisitely taken care of by our servers Derrick, Victoria and Angel. These guys have an eye for detail and will make sure you leave feeling like a Hollywood star. We also have to give a special thank you to Marvin the chef at the omelette station. He was so friendly and even remembered what we had in our omelettes every day!

The rooms are beautifully decorated and the house keeping staff works hard to ensure the rooms are spotless. We can't thank those men and ladies enough. Thanks again Sunset Tower Hotel management and staff. We will be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Puyallup, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

I've stayed there twice in the last 2 months. One on business, one with my wife and 3 girls. Awesome staff, very attentive, with no hassles whatsoever. Echoing a previous reviewer, Viktoria (sp?) is an excellent ambassador for this hotel. But everyone was friendly, accommodative and attentive. 5 stars.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Historic hotels with the ghosts of the movie land past gets my vote. The suites are so home like you don't want to leave. Great personal service and the boutique feels makes hotel very special. Decor is futuro-retro Hollywood. Great Keihls products and great robes. Orchid in room and very charming welcome chocolate plate. Downstairs in the bar-restaurant is very intimate chic...love this place

Room Tip: Get a suite, great bay windows great views and totally comfortable
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

It was our first trip to LA, on holiday, and our stay at the Sunset was a very pleasant one. The landmark hotel is well situated in West Hollywood, near to a variety of good restaurants and shopping and was a good base for our daily sightseeing excursions. The entire staff was friendly and helpful, but we want to acknowledge one person in particular, Vika (Vicky) who made our stay all the more enjoyable. Vika, a server at the Sunset's Terrace restaurant, not only did her job well but she acted as a personal concierge helping with our daily plans, giving excellent recommendations as to local attractions and activities - always helpful, always smiling, always concerned that we were enjoying our stay. I highly recommend the Sunset Tower to anyone visiting LA, and look forward to staying there again on our next visit to LA.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

What a fabulous hotel! My husband had stayed here before and remembered it favourably but was jet lagged the last time! our whole family enjoyed the hotel immensely. the staff could not be more pleasant and helpful - especially with restaurant recommendations - which they got spot on according to our requests! the service is impeccable - excellent but not over the top or patronising!
I would recommend this idyll to anyone - the pool is a little oasis in a busy city.
Fabulous!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I travel all the time but will be back to the Sunset Tower for friendly service, a room with a view overlooking the city, the valet took exceptionally good care of my new Porsche, I forgot the pool and spa will give you a resort experience in a great LA location for the best resturants close by.
Visit the Tower Bar & Resturant with good food, city views and good celebrity watching. It is the place to be seen. The late night music will add another touch of class to your experience.
Derek North at the bar will take awesome care of you, plus he's good looking.
A first class experience! i will return soon.
Delia

The Hollywood Roosevelt
The Hollywood Roosevelt
#13 of 348 in Los Angeles
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,724 reviews

Been to Sunset Tower Hotel? Share your experiences!