“February stay”

Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in West Hollywood
Boulder, Colorado
“February stay”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed here February 9th & 10th with my daughter. Our room was nice and the view (with balcony) was amazing. Everyone was warm and friendly and we enjoyed our stay. We had our hair styled at Argyle Salon & Spa while we were there and our curls never looked better! Also, the restaurants at the hotel are lovely.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
Redwood City, CA
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The first thing you notice driving up - what a spectacular art deco building! The staff are very friendly and accommodating - Jeffrey was especially good. I booked a king size room and was surprised about how small it was. And I was wondering about those floor to ceiling windows I've read about. The reviews talking about size are absolutely true - if you're in a standard/superior/delux king room. We stopped by and saw a junior suite - that was what I was expecting. The room was smaller than the rooms from my recent stays in Tokyo and London. For the price i was expecting a lot more.

Room Tip: Don't select a normal king room - super tiny.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank RalphandMark
Rochester, New York
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Recent stay at STH:
The best sheets on the most comfortable bed. Love the Nespresso machine in the room.
All staff very helpful .Front desk very knowledgeable and helpful.
I commend them all- but let me just mention : Viktoria, Angel and Derick who helped me make the most of the one day of relaxation I had - by constantly moving the shade umbrella so I could lounge near the pool but not be exposed to the sun.
This is an extremely well-run hotel that is focused on its clientele and does the utmost to make them comfortable.
May be time for a bit of minor touch up in some of the rooms

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank deborah r
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My trip started by arriving in LA only to find that two cabbies and one shuttle company that were completely unaware of the Sunset Tower Hotel. Normally that would be an uncomfortable feeling, but I did some advance research and knew this hotel was a gem.

And I wasn't disappointed. The rooms were fantastic - clean, airy, and very old school. Beds super comfortable. Windows open (which might not be a good thing if you have small kids). But waking in the morning to fresh air is most certainly a bonus that one does not find in many hotels today.

Staff was very attentive, quick with answers to questions and always pleasant, but not in an overbearing or fake manner that is the typical in other hotels. Of particular note was Lauren. She was exceptional as a host.

The bar/restaurant was packed early. So if you want to get in, reserve or plan to get there early. Drinks made to perfection, food delicious of course. Note: breakfast was complimentary and of the very highest quality with choices for every palate.

Was undecided about posting this review. Not only did my transport not know where it was, but some business contacts I met in town were scratching their heads too. Perhaps it's better left as a secret. After all, how am I going to get back there if it's always booked?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Looking for a change in LA from my regular spots, I was enchanted by the sunset towers, real Hollywood glamour, the Art Deco, the spa the pool the view, not to forget the bathroom and the use Khiels products, yes it matters...

Staff is taking amazing care of you and makes sure you are happy

A special thank you to Derric who every morning took care of us for breakfast and gave us tips and places to go to!!

• Stayed March 2013
New York
Reviewed March 6, 2013

After reading the other reviews, I wonder if I am having an out of body experience. My first room was so small, albeit with a wonderful view, that I, literally, could not unpack my suitcase, unless I wanted to stack my belongings on the bed and snuggle with them all night. After asking to see another room I guess my Hollywood contract has been ripped up as I am now staying in the Hollywood Mortician King, with a tiny window overlooking an air compressor, brown wallpaper and no counter for the sink. I can actually crawl out my window and lounge on a sooty roof. If this hotel is old Hollywood Glamour then this is the backlot, or the old prop room, or where they keep the extras. Lovely and friendly staff, however this is more Barton Fink then Betty Davis.

Room Tip: Stay away from the fifth floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank frequenttravel09
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The STH is my personal favorite in Los Angeles, and I always stay here when visiting for work or pleasure. Today I focus on the morning breakfast which is superb. Angel, Derric and Victoria always take extra special care of me, and I appreciate their efforts tremendously. They are friendly, attentive, and professional. I can always count on these guys to make my stay a solidly wonderful experience each and every time. Thanks, guys!

Room Tip: If you can swing a junior suite, go for it. The gracefully arching floor-to-ceiling windows beautif...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Beverly Hills
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Sunset Tower Hotel? Share your experiences!