“Always a pleasure”
Review of Sunset Tower Hotel

Sunset Tower Hotel
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I always enjoy my stays at Sunset Tower. The rooms are very nice (although some are on the small side), and the food is outstanding. The best part about this hotel, however, is the staff. Every single person I encountered, from the front desk to the room service waitstaff to the bellman, was helpful, friendly, and professional. They truly make you feel welcome. No complaints!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Lauren P

Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

Tim Cunningham continues to amaze me with his command of just what it takes to deliver the perfect experience in a competitive hotel market. There are plenty of choices in LA, and you don't stay here for the latest flat screen TV or modern furniture. The tower offers something much more sublime. It's become a second home for me, but I suspect the team makes equal effort for every guest.
Dinner at Tower Bar Saturday night was flawless - Dmitri, and his team old & new, orchestrate the room with such flair. Is it good or bad that they remember your favorite cocktail? Lets say good.
Finally got a chance to use the Argyle Spa - having previously been a loyalist to my girl Esther at the now closed Aqua Spa. Farah was awesome and even though I out came in for a quick buff manicure, she made it memorable and ill definitely explore the spa more in the future. All of the desk staff were darling and super welcoming.
Last but DEFINITELY not least, is my ray of sunshine Angel at the Terrace Bar. He's young, service oriented, and loves his job. That comes through. He's a graceful host, and (Jeff are you listening?) represents your brand with such integrity and passion. He's a lovely lovely, young, aspiring and inspiring guy. Thanks for always making me feel so looked after Angel.
See my guys at the tower again soon.
Stay here - and experience something very very special.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank KellyG_NYC
Reviewed November 25, 2012

From the moment we entered the hotel until the time we left, we were met with pleasant, professional staff who made us feel most welcome. While the history of the building is certainly interesting, the hotel's true asset is the staff, who were so friendly and always with a smile, eager to please. Breakfast in The Terrace with Angel serving was to die for and dinner in the Tower Bar was superb. I'm still dreaming about the morning's French Toast and freshly squeezed orange juice, as well as the evening's oysters and Tower Burger and French Fries.
Our room was a good size with two queen beds and TV and a sitting area also with a TV. Bathroom had a large, glass-enclosed shower with seat. My husband enjoyed the pool, where the excellent service continued. This trip was a 5 night visit to be with our grandson for Thanksgiving. Regretfully, we didn't have time to enjoy the hotel spa.

Room Tip: Corner suite had a better view of the city from one window than it did from the one facing Sunset, w...
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I found the service to be well above the average - very attentive without having to ask. It's a fine balance between superb service without being intrusive. I found that to be the case with everyone I met. The food was good as well. Sitting in the morning sunshine at the Tower Bar eating what is very fresh fruit was a great way to start the day. That is indeed a rare event in today's hectic world.

My wife and I stayed for two nights, breakfast included. Although our room was small, the bathroom was very spacious equipped only with a shower but large enough for two (nudge nudge, wink wink). Our view however was fantastic, looking out over LA. You definitely need to get a room with a view. The bed was comfortable and we did like the location on the strip. I also appreciated the free wi-fi.

The Sunset Plaza is a short walk away with plenty of restaurants to choose from. We also ate at the Tower restaurant. Very tasty and great service as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank coachboon
Reviewed November 15, 2012

had a great stay, room was nice a large, great view of the city. staff and service were excellent. great location. We stayed there before a show at the hollywood bowl which was a quick 10min drive. good moscow mules at the pool.

have fun

1  Thank grahamfarrar
Reviewed November 10, 2012

The first thing that strikes one about this landmark is the sense of history. They give you a small card with the history of the hotel in your room, and it sets the tone of this wonderful vintage property. I arrived after the Vanity Fair Party which was held here, and they kindly upgraded me to a suite on the 14th floor with stunning views of the city. I enjoyed the restaurant, and experienced excellent friendly service from all, as well as reception. The rooms are not huge, however, the hotels character and ambience make up for this in spades. I took advantage of every aspect of this wonderful hotel, including the pool restaurant, room service and the spa, and all were excellent.
I look forward to a return visit!

Room Tip: Definately ask for one with a view of the city, on a high floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank David W
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for one-night. The hotel staff was very accommodating and friendly. We got in at noon and our room was ready by 1:30PM (normal check-in is at 3PM)! The hotel is designed to have the old Hollywood look and pulls it off. From the lobby to the hallways to the rooms themselves...it's very circa 1940-1960s Hollywood.

The beds were very comfortable and the bathrooms were great.

It did however remind me of the Tower of Terror ride from Walt Disney World.

Additionally, it is in W. Hollywood and for the $$$ I would rather stay in Beverley Hills or Santa Monica. W. Hollywood has a sketchy crowd....although this is a safe distance away from the majority of the bums...it's still close enough that I would rather stay in a nicer neighborhood.

2  Thank CarmelINTraveler
The Hollywood Roosevelt
#16 of 353 in Los Angeles
Andaz West Hollywood
#4 of 19 in West Hollywood

Been to Sunset Tower Hotel? Share your experiences!