“Want to go back”
Review of Sunset Marquis

Sunset Marquis
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed May 28, 2014

An amazing hotel. So much character and a choice of pools. First time I've ever had a bed more comfortable than mine at home. Really enjoyed Sunday brunch. Perfect location particularly if you want to take in live music on the strip. Anyone who loves rock music shouldn't stay anywhere else in LA - you should see the photos and will be amazed by who's stayed there. We only stayed 3 nights but would love to go back for a week.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Great hotel, feels like a tranquil oasis in the middle of this busy city. Location is as good as it can be in the sprawl of LA. The standard rooms are nice but if you can stretch the budget a bit opt for a poolside suite which are amazing. The pool and bar areas are the real reason to choose this hotel; really feels like you've escape the city. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Wow what a gem. Rarely do you find a place where you feel the history of Hollywood without the attitude. The staff are super friendly and the whole place feels welcoming without the pretension one might expect from such an iconic venue. I was most impressed by the beds. Felt like i was lying on clouds.. With a lovely range of pillows. Really great and I'll be back

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank plasticd
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Great hotel with perfect location in West Hollywood. My wife and I stayed there from April 4th to the 7th. The hotel is well maintained and the staff's attention to detail was impeccable. Only complaint was our room was just outside the elevator, so we were disturbed nightly by returning guests who obviously had too much to drink. Can't blame the hotel for that...in fact we were credited the cost of the valet parking by the hotel to help compensate for our disturbance. I thought that was a really nice gesture, especially since we didn't ask to be compensated and they were not obligated to do so. The highlight of the SM's commitment to quality and customer service was the returning of my wife's necklace which she left in the room after checkout. We called the hotel from the airport, they had the staff check the room, locate the necklace (Not Hollywood expensive, but definitely costly and precious to us), and shipped to us the next day.

Thanks Sunset Marquis for a wonderful stay and we'll definitely recommend your hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that's not close to the elevator
1  Thank Theo J
Reviewed May 13, 2014

What an amazing hotel tucked away on a quiet street just off Sunset Blvd. lots of amazing rock and roll history and there's even a 50 year celebration book just published in the room to prove it! We liked the fact we had to sign a disclaimer that we wouldn't party and trash the room!!(really) the bedroom was wonderful with a view of the pool and the best walk in shower ever. The staff were incredible and we would like to thank Carly, Robert and Logan for making our stay so enjoyable. The only annoying thing was having to pay for the WIFI which I think needs to be changed in this day and age. Apart from that we will certainly be back!!!

1  Thank andrean51
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I had a mini holiday staycation at the Sunset Marquis while my house was being renovated. I live in the neighborhood and always have enjoyed the restaurant and bar, but this was the first time I stayed in the hotel. The SM lived up to expectations - private and lovely without any pretension.

The hotel is pet friendly (small dogs only with deposit), and the beds are outrageously comfortable (best hotel bed and bedding in recent memory). The staff at the Sunset Marquis are outstanding (especially Logan), friendly, and very accommodating. The hotel is going through refurbishment, so be sure to ask for an updated room. The hotel is old Hollywood, so it has some quirks - like the small and testy elevator - but I found it charming (if you want sleek - then The London may be the hotel for you). The hallways of the main hotel could use a makeover, but the real gem of this hotel is the grounds. It is an oasis in the heart of West Hollywood.

My only complaint is that the SM charges for wifi access. It is $12 a day PER device. In my opinion, that is outrageous. All in all, we had a wonderful stay and would happily return.

Room Tip: Request a refurbished room
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank vandy1999
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stayed here to visit with my best friend in West Hollywood. Stayed in a villa and it was stunning. The bathroom was something only one could dream of. The toiletries were Aveda and that is 'my brand' The bed was unbelievably comfortable. The only downfall of this property (not really a downfall.) But, it was kind of hard to find, as it is nestled in a more residential area. But, that's also fabulous, because it really is an oasis in Hollywood. I would like to have seen the pool area updated a little bit, but I guess that adds to the 'old hollywood' charm of the place. I would love to afford to live fulltime at this location. It made me feel like a rockstar.

Room Tip: Villas, Villas, Villas! They are way more private.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Hollywood
The Hollywood Roosevelt
The Hollywood Roosevelt
#16 of 354 in Los Angeles

Been to Sunset Marquis? Share your experiences!