Everything I've written in my previous review still holds true. As time goes on, this hotel continues to be a perfect Easter destination. For four years in a row, we've held our own impromptu Easter egg hunt in the delightful villa gardens (all supplies for the Easter Bunny bought down the block at CVS). This is not a "family" hotel, but Sunset Marquis' staff are wonderfully welcoming and accommodating toward kids. This year our son (age 8) got a great amenity gift and a really fun Passport in which he was asked to explore various areas of the hotel to collect stamps and goodies. Really fun for him. And we've continued to delight in the Easter buffet. Pricey, yes. But with bottomless mimosas, 8 lavish tables of food, omelet bar, leg of lamb, sushi display, king crab, 4 kinds of caviar and the kindest, most casual & friendly staff you'll ever meet... this is well worth it. As far as the rooms, get a villa, it's worth it. The serene, calm & comfort are worth every penny. We are also a giant fan of room service... the dining areas in the villas are comfy just like home. The staff will set up the table for you to enjoy some great family time without the hassle of cooking or cleaning. Food is delicious! Of course, you'll see famous people here, but that's not the point. The point is, you'll be treated like a celebrity no matter who you are. We truly love this place and plan on making it an annual destination for years to come.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quintessentially LA? Not exactly! Centrally located between Beverly Hills and Hollywood, the Sunset Marquis in West Hollywood, CA offers 152 suites and villas intertwined within a 5 acre oasis of gardens and private retreats. We also boast indoor/outdoor "RESTAURANT," 2 heated pools, iconic "BAR 1200" and "SPA." Mere steps from famed Sunset Strip, nightlife and music abound at legendary venues such as the House of Blues, The Comedy Store, Viper Room and Whisky a Go-Go. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Orbitz, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Sunset Marquis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Marquis Hotel West Hollywood
- Sunset Marquis West Hollywood