Sunset Marquis
Petit Ermitage(West Hollywood)
$293
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $325/night.

Sunset Tower Hotel(West Hollywood)
$395
$336
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $378/night.

Andaz West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$289
  • Pool
Grafton on Sunset(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$200
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$289
  • Breakfast included
Le Parc Suite Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$242
$200
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $221/night.

Montrose West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$259
$230
  • Restaurant
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$337
$221
$422
$368
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $429/night.

Chamberlain West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$260
$223
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrecording studiobedroom villakoi pondrock starwhiskey barequinox gymrock and rollthe main hoteltucked awayhome from homegreat barbeautiful propertyconcierge deskan updatelow keyresidential streetcool hotel
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Spent Oscar week here for 6 days and it was relaxing and a home away from home. The staff was wonderful and the rooms were very big. The pool area was great and had a lot of sunlight. The only complaint I have is that the hotel bar opened at 8 and it is a tiny complaint. I loved the history of the hotel as many rock stars stayed,overdosed, and almost died there. The Jim Morrison museum was nice. I highly recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
MarquisDOM, Manager at Sunset Marquis, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

TimmyDyer - thanks so much for your review, and super glad you enjoyed your stay. Yes, our lobby bar opens at 8pm every night, but we also have a great bar back by the restaurant open all day long, so please join us there earlier in the evening on your next visit. Also glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to the Gallery. It's actually the Morrison Hotel Gallery, not exactly a museum dedicated to Jim, although that would certainly be worthwhile. As our newest addition to the hotel, we're very proud to have a selection of some of the most iconic images taken by many of the best celebrity photographers in the world. Hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Spent Grammy week-end at the Sunset Marquis and despite the hotel being completely sold out, there was no attention to detail spared by the excellent staff. My friend and I stayed in the main building in 2 rooms that have been updated. They were beautiful and modern, with exceptional showers (one of my most important criteria for a hotel I will return to!). But, as comfortable, hip and stylish as the rooms and the hotel are, the real reason to stay at the Sunset Marquis is the exceptional and remarkable staff. They are helpful, thoughtful, patient and truly committed to the highest levels of customer service. My friend and I are not music or entertainment VIPs (though there were plenty there over Grammy week-end, at this hotel frequented by musicians and their bands), but you'd never know it from the 5-star treatment we received while at the hotel. It was another 5-star stay and I cannot wait to go back for a longer stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed at the Sunset Marquis for the first time this past week. It was only for one night but as I'll be doing more and more business in LA, I'll be back. It's always nice to go back to a hotel after being in meetings all day where you can take a breath, sit outside and not feel like your walking into a nondescript building.

I had a suite on the first floor which was really great. The layout would work for a meeting and or a casual night in. The only thing I can't get used to is having a sliding door right outside of the bedroom. I can see how that can be convenient & cool but for me, I wasn't into it.

My boss stayed in a one bedroom villa which was beautiful as well. It was way more private and tucked away. However, the only difference I saw was the location and the bathroom. His bathroom was beautiful and large. The linens might have been upgraded as well.

I didn't appreciate that my room wasn't ready until after 4.30pm and it didn't matter to me that it was Grammy week.
I'm not sure if I'd bring a family here but it was great for business!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

lunagoddess77

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Glad you enjoyed yourself. We apologize your room wasn't ready upon your arrival. Check out time is noon, and when we have a full house it is sometimes difficult to get all the rooms cleaned in time for the 4pm check in. We promise to do better next time, and we've indicated the issue in your folio for reference upon your next stay.

Our over-sized rooms and work space really do make them convenient for business travelers, and we are indeed focused on creating an environment conducive to relaxing after a hard day of meetings.

Again, apologies for the late check in, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at the Sunset Marquis in July 2012 when we were in town for a party. We loved this hotel. The room was big, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was modern and well equipped. Modern, but with a retro vibe. We got a real kick out of looking at all the photos of rock and roll stars who have stayed at the Sunset Marquis over the years. Both pool areas were gorgeous and we wished we had stayed another day to spend more time lounging. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Hollywood.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Have no complaints whatsoever for the Sunset Marquis. We had a great 4-night stay and would highly recommend it to others. A great location, 2 mins from Sunset Blvd. Our room was a very good size, with separate sitting area, desk space, dressing table, a small patio. Comfortable bed. The bathroom was a little small and bath very shallow. The hotel has two outside pools, one in the centre of the hotel with very comfortable and stylish sun loungers, the other towards the villa and garden area. We visited both the restaurant and bar, and happy to recommend both. The restaurant is open to the gardens and koi pond but kept warm with ceiling heaters, very comfortable seating and good service. A little haven in the middle of the city. We wanted salads, and they were very accommodating inviting us to choose from the lunch menu in the evening. The concierge staff were super helpful too, and all the staff were welcoming and professional. A great hotel worthy of praise and repeat visits and good value for money.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple