New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
Brisbane, Australia
“Always a pleasure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

This was our fourth stay at the Sunset Marquis and it is always a great experience. We stay here as we have family who live nearby and find it to be a great location. It is convenient to 3rd Street and which is nice to take a walk down and check out the local shops when I stay.

The staff are very professional, the hotel has a great feel to it and it is more interesting than a generic upmarket chain hotel. We had a guitar delivered to the hotel from New York and the hotel took great care of it until we returned on the way home. Jorge on the door is good fun and always looks after us!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Indonesian first
Cranleigh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

The restaurant at the hotel is beautiful and feels like an oasis, rooms in the main hotel are clearly ageing but spacious and service is great. Loved being able to walk to
Sunset and lie by the pool without a 'scene' going on around. The villa room we had was too dark and the hotel definately has its own vibe which is not the super marble hotel feel of so many others inLA.

Room Tip: Wouldn't pay extra for a villa
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Janette1993
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed at this hotel as part of road trip up the coast of California. I booked this hotel based on the reviews I read here. We had the junior suite and it was okay. The hotel gave excellent service from the moment we drove up to the valet. One of the guys even went over everything in our room. We had a fairly large bathroom in our suite. The bed is SUPER comfortable. You cannot beat the location of the hotel. It is walking distance to great places on Sunset Blvd. You will not regret staying at this hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

I had to visit LA for business, and was pleasantly surprised upon booking at the Sunset Marquis! I booked through Scarlett Hospitality Group, an online travel agency to recommended this hotel. Everything was perfect from the moment I walked in. Check-in was thorough and my desk agent was so nice (now i'm wishing I could remember her name)! My room looked like it had been just recently renovated, it was great! Very spacious and a good sized desk. Beds were comfortable, and the breakfast restaurant was nice and quick. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Hollywood or the LA area. I will definitely be back!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

I was here for work and decided to splurge on the Sunset Marquis. Boy am I glad I did. I asked for a quiet room and got one. Had a private deck overlooking the pool. Walk-in shower. Everything was new and looked to be recently done. Breakfast at the Restaurant was good. Dinner was just okay, not great, but convenient and a lovely atmosphere. Staff are uniformly helpful and kind. Would return in a heartbeat.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tonie T
Oslo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

My third stay at this amazing hotel was fantastic, again! Super friendly staff that always ensure a VIP feeling towards every guests. Great rooms, great food, even greater service! They provide you with free workout pass at Equinox at Sunset Plaza which is a must for the sporty ones. Enjoy, you will never regret choosing Sunset Marquis!

Room Tip: Ask for Villa suites!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

I did the Traveller Guitar package, it was fantastic.The VIP passes were great, the staff were great, the food was great, the night club was great, all the people I meet while staying there were lovely and I didn't want to leave. I stayed in a villa, it was luxury, the bed was bliss and I was allowed to smoke on my balcony. Everything I asked for the staff tried to get for me, I felt like royalty. the location is perfect for all the night life, which is why I stayed there. I invited some of my Australian friends over for dinner at the Restaurant & they were blown away when they saw Whoopy Goldberg having a quiet meal. I give the Sunset Marquis 5 BIG STARS

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo