I always thought the Andaz was probably the best of a not so great selection of hotels in West Hollywood but after staying at the Sunset Marquis I've changed my mind. We stayed in a villa toward the back of the property. I was surprised at how much space they had behind the rather small entrance.
Room Quality - Very high end modern finishes. We had a villa which was basically a basic hotel room. There was no "view" but this is WeHo. The bathroom was large with more towels that we would use in a week. Separate standing tub and shower with handheld and rainshower.
Bed - Honestly the bed was crazy comfortable. I've been to alot of great hotels and this bed had to be the most comfortable I've ever slept in. It's hard to explain why - you just sink into the thing. The sheets are very high thread count, the pillows just form to you and there is a very thick feather bed cover over the mattress. Really incredible.
Property Atmosphere - this property is setup something like the Hotel BelAir. Although it doesn't reach that level it honestly comes close in many ways.
Restaurant - We had breakfast in the restaurant which was excellent. It was nice sitting there next to the waterfall that pours out of the restaurant toward the rest of the property. They were prepping for brunch which looked great as well.
I really don't have any bad things to say - but if I had to pick something:
Bellman - the bellman was overly friendly and really working for a gratuity. I would have been fine taking my bags to the room, but then he had to go through every light switch, etc. I'm sure he's just doing as he's trained but I was glad when he finally left the room.
Lobby and main building - I think the lobby is due for an update and it appears that they are updating the exterior of the main building. Really it's still a nice property but I think there is some room for improvement.
Overall, I highly recommend the Sunset Marquis - I have to say the best place to stay in West Hollywood. Definitely spend the extra for one of the villa rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quintessentially LA? Not exactly! Centrally located between Beverly Hills and Hollywood, the Sunset Marquis in West Hollywood, CA offers 152 suites and villas intertwined within a 5 acre oasis of gardens and private retreats. We also boast indoor/outdoor "RESTAURANT," 2 heated pools, iconic "BAR 1200" and "SPA." Mere steps from famed Sunset Strip, nightlife and music abound at legendary venues such as the House of Blues, The Comedy Store, Viper Room and Whisky a Go-Go. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunset Marquis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Marquis Hotel West Hollywood
- Sunset Marquis West Hollywood