Although well located, this property is definitely not a five star. It is getting somewhat threadbare and worn out. I stayed in a 2 room suite. The lighting is terrible, particularly in the bedroom. The carpets and the sofa look shabby. When we checked in the A/C sounded like a cannon and there was a distinct mildew smell. The front desk sent up an engineer but it still smelled. The hotel was full making it difficult to move. They serve coffee in the lobby but take it away promptly at 7:30 am, how about leaving it until 8? Are they losing that much money on coffee? The one kudo I can give the hotel is a really lovely staff. If they get the place refurbished it could be a lovely place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quintessentially LA? Not exactly! Centrally located between Beverly Hills and Hollywood, the Sunset Marquis in West Hollywood, CA offers 152 suites and villas intertwined within a 5 acre oasis of gardens and private retreats. We also boast indoor/outdoor "RESTAURANT," 2 heated pools, iconic "BAR 1200" and "SPA." Mere steps from famed Sunset Strip, nightlife and music abound at legendary venues such as the House of Blues, The Comedy Store, Viper Room and Whisky a Go-Go. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunset Marquis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Marquis Hotel West Hollywood
- Sunset Marquis West Hollywood