2,634 results
All reviewsgreat locationloft suitesanta monicatrader joesbeverly hillswalking distancerodeo driveuniversal studiosbars and restaurantsbeverly centersunset striplos angelesvalet parkingjoseconciergestarbucksweho
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Stayed here with 5 friends in August and was very happy with this hotel. We were only there 2 days so I didn't get to check out the pool, and although not fancy the rooms were very neat and clean, the staff (including the cleaning staff) were all very helpful and friendly. There are laundry facilities for patrons to do their own washing and they have a small bar downstairs but no restaurant that I'm aware of, although it is definitely not needed as there were a number of places close to the hotel that were great. The small mexican bar across the road is a must if you like a decent margharita!! Good fun staff too.
The location of this hotel is excellent and if you don't mind a 10-15 minute walk you can get to Beverly Hills shopping centre, Sunset Boulevard and a number of good outlets without too much fuss. Some really interesting shops on this strip also. Not too far rom Rodeo Drive either if you like a decent walk or a 5 minute taxi drive.
I did come across a couple of small beetles (didn't look like roaches to me and I lived in Queensland for a time so I know what they look like unless they are an American breed!) but I don't believe there is much you can do about the odd insect. As for bed bugs....6 of us didn't have a problem and a couple of my friends are very, very fussy clean freaks so there definitely was nothing like that ino our experience.
If you aren't looking for luxury I would have no hesitation recommending this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza By Wyndham West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2011

Glad you and your friends enjoyed your stay!

Our location is excellent and if you can get to Beverly Hills, Sunset Boulevard and Hollywood quickly and easily.

Reviewed October 21, 2010

Our room was clean and reasonably sized. We had a corner room which had the bonus of a balcony but we had to keep the shutters closed most of the time as people could see into the room walking down the hill beside Trader Joe's - certainly not the hotels fault. Being able to open the windows and doors was a nice change to air-con only rooms which can be hell for hayfever sufferers.

The check-in staff were not particularly friendly but did their job efficiently. The cleaning staff and, in particular, the conceirge were all very pleasant and helpful. The washing machines and dryers seemed overpriced compared to other cities (I'm not sure how they fare compared to LA) but I guess you pay for that convenience. A bar fridge in the room would probably not go astray.

The location was good and the restaurant out front was well-priced and had good meals and excellent service. We didn't drive and thanks to LA's infrequent and spread out public transport we got to most of our destinations by cab or car service, which were not particularly expensive. Judging by the price of parking we probably paid a lot less overall to get around without a car (especially if you add rental costs + petrol).

The suburb is pleasant during the day but a little quiet at nights in some areas (away from restaurants etc.) but overall has a pretty safe feeling.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments.

Having Trader's Joe next door to the hotel is a big plus along with our other retail locations,
Starbucks, Enterprise, Wells Fargo, !O Burger, Supercuts, Body Factory Juice bar, etc.

We meet with our front desk staff on a regular basis and I will discuss your comments about
there performance during your stay.

Reviewed October 20, 2010

Been staying on maybe around 100 hotels in the world. Expensive, Cheap, in the middle. This one is such a hotel - in the middle. Nothing stands out, even the service is neither friendly, nor hostile.
But the cleaning in the rooms are terrible. And there are bedbugs - the were biting during nighttime, and I woke up with at least 50 bites on my body. I tried to put down 10 dollars for the maid, hoping that would rise the standard of cleaning a little, but it didn't. Just took the money, and left the dust where it was.
In the end I shifted the room, and there were less bedbucks there.
By the way: the room they call fitnessroom in the adds, it's really just some old machines in a much to small room.
Nothing's really working for this hotel, except the location of it.
The Hotel is attractively located, but

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Traveller189541

I appreciate your candid response.

On a very consistent basis, our housekeeping department performance rates extremely high. I'm sorry to learn that you were unsatisfied with the cleanliness of your room.

Also, the appearance of bed bugs is generally not related cleanliness of a hotel. Beds Bugs are a serious problem for most hotels and occur no matter the rating or ranking of a hotel. Major cities like New York are having major problems with bed bugs appearing in there guestrooms. Bed Bugs are usually transported by unsuspecting travelers luggage. Often, the guest is not even aware they're transporting the bugs. We contract the services of a local company to monitor and protect the hotel from bed bugs and other pest.

Also, the fitness room is equipped with TRUE Fitness equipment and is a maintained in excellent condition.

Reviewed October 17, 2010

I stayed at Ramada Plaza for about 10 days and it was all that I needed there. It's not that expensive (considering it's LA), the staff was very nice, room very clean, big TV in the room, free wi-fi and great location (very close to Hollywood walk of fame, Kodak Theatre, Chinese Theatre; Beverly Hills Center), though if you ever been to LA you know it's not easy not to have a car to go anywhere. If you don't rent a car, you can always get a cab right on the door to the hotel or use the bus... the hotel is really close to bus stops that gets to the main places/important ones. Right next door there's a bistro with delicious food... or you can go to a burger place 3 mins away (by foot) or even Starbucks or Ihop. There was no noise from people on the rooms beside me or from the street.
I totally recommend this hotel for anyone that's going to L.A. And West Hollywood is the best city to stay in the LA County.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank NandaT

Agreed! West Hollywood is a great city to stay in.

Great restaurants, clubs, nightlife, shops, art & design, fashion etc.

Hollywood and Beverly Hills are both of our neighbors.

Reviewed October 14, 2010

Please remember that Ramada isn't supposed to be a luxury chain. LA hotel prices aren't cheap; but the price you pay to stay here is fair, considering the excellent West Hollywood (very close to Beverly Hills) location right on Santa Monica Boulevard.

We all know LA is a car city. But if you plan on limiting your stay to the WeHo/Beverly Hills/Hollywood areas, you probably won't need a rental car. There are so many restaurants, coffee shops, bars, and shopping establishments within a comfortable walking distance to this hotel. I can't remember the name of the restaurant right next to the hotel, but the food and service were fantastic. Also bear in mind that many of LA's tours include pickup at this hotel. If you do decide to opt for the convenience of having your own wheels, then be prepared to pay the $27 per day parking fee.

Check in/check out was easy and drama-free. The staff (including the cleaning people)were attentive and courteous. I really enjoyed my trip to LA, along with my stay at the Ramada Plaza Hotel. I have to be honest and say I'm curious about the other neighboring hotels within the vicinity, but I certainly would not be opposed to staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends

Ramada Plaza Hotel - West Hollywood doesn't claim to be a luxury chain, however it offers
good value for the money you pay. Guests receive a nice clean room with friendly service and have the convenience of several retail outlets less than -1- block away