“Choose a loft suite -- amazing space”

Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed September 20, 2010

We stayed here as part of our honeymoon. We wanted to see lots of LA, so in retrospect this probably wasn't the best located hotel for us, although it would be perfect if you wanted to party in West Hollywood. Good range of food places nearby, especially Primo Bistro right next door -- brilliant food with wonderful service at good prices, and they do room delivery too if required. Good parking; although valet parking was available we simply self-parked (and there wasn't any pressure to use the valet parking). Very helpful reception staff. Laundry facilities were good and always available when we wanted to use them. Only downsides was that room decor was slightly in need of a refresh, and the wifi speed could've been faster (although it was free, and sufficed for checking e-mail etc).

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2011

Yes, our loft suites are unique with the bedroom upstairs and the living room downstairs.

Also, its convenient to have a HDTV's upstairs, and one downstairs.

Reviewed September 7, 2010

I stayed here in may with a group.
We arrived to the hotel at around 10pm & after having dinner at a nearby restaurant we returned to the hotel.
It was approx. 11pm & I wanted to call home (Australia).
I decided to use the pay phone in the lobby. I struggled to use the phone for around 15 minutes before I was offered assistance by the front desk staff.
The staff member offered his assistance but was unable to figure out the problem.
Finally he suggested I (a woman in her early 20's) walk down the street 10 blocks to the nearest 7/11.
Obviously that was not going to happen; I was in unfimiliar territory & did not have any idea where to go.
He suggested I use the phone in my room in which I agreed.
The following day my room mate checked out bill & found that there was $50 in charges for my 7 minute phone call. She immediately told me & I approached the staff member at the front desk & started to argue the charges.
He told me it was my fault; not theirs & that he was going to charge me the $50
(The hotel has a policy that works a little something like this:
-You pay for your call + you are charged a $15USD fee for using the phone to make a long distance call + you are charged 50% of the rate of your call)
I was not told any of this & I protested that if I knew this I would never had made the call & also made a point of telling him that I was having difficulty using the pay phone & that his staff member had not explained the charges to me.
He was very rude to me when I explianed that I had made a call from my hotel in Las Vegas & it had only cost me $1.50US.
He told me I was a liar & kept calling me by the name of my room mate; he was very very rude.
I found my bill from my hotel in Las Vegas & took it to the front desk where he still proceeded to call me a liar.
I was completely disgusted in his behavour & I would never return to this property.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I've stayed here before and I'll stay here again. Still a good hotel with good valued, clean rooms. Stayed on the 2nd floor again, near the pool and elevators, but all was quiet. The hotel is totally non smoking now, so you have to venture outside, if you're a smoker like me! Valet and bell boys are great! Desk staff still a bit snooty and not interested, but not an issue for us. Stayed in a room with two double beds and it was very trendy! The bathrooms still have the old plumbing, with taps that look like they will fall off, but fortunately, ours didn't and there was plenty of hot water, a hair dryer and toiletries, still. Teeny weeny single open 'closet' again, so us two girls lived out of our suitcases:) Pool is still good, clean and a relief on a hot day. Parking is now $27 USD per night, which is a bit rich, but we had car this time, so we expected it. (Was $25 at time of booking and has since gone up.) The area has changed a fair bit, with more cafes and restaurants in area now! Also, more shops. Starbucks is closing down for refurbishment, on Sept 20th for about a month, but there are loads of other places to get your coffee fix!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends

Thank you for comments.

We will inspect bathrooms to ensure all plumbing hardware is in satisfactory condition and good working order.

I'm glad to hear our valet and bellstaff did a good job.

Reviewed September 3, 2010

My friends and I stayed at the Ramada Plaza, West Hollywood hotel for 2 nights in July 2010 and would definitely not stay there again.
The reception staff took 15 minutes to find our individual reservations; the rooms needed a good hovering and the bathroom cleaning (perhaps twice); and the walls seemed to be paper thin so you could hear other guess to the side and above you. And one more bad point - the gym was disappointingly small.
On the upside, the pool area had plenty of seats with towels and proved to be a real heat trap, and there is plenty of parking.
Overall a really disappointing stay - although if you're only there for the nightlife it might be just the thing you're looking for.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 1, 2010

The rooms are small but well appointed... they could benefit from a little updating.
Located in the center of all the action in West Hollywood (very fun and GAY area). A friend of mine rents a long term executive apt. in the back which is REALLY NICE! A lot of "hotties" out by the pool.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 28, 2010

WOW!!! IN LOVE!!!! Thank you for an amazing stay!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2010

I have to say that after reading many of the reviews I had some trepidation in staying at this Hotel - but we were pleasantly surprised.

Pros - great location, convenient for reaturants, West Hollywood etc - close to amenities like Trader Joes, Starbucks, nearby laundries and drug stores. Check in and check out was smooth, saff were pleasant and helpful. Found the wifi more than adequate (password expires after 3 days, and ask for multiple codes for each device). Beds very comfortable and the room generally clean (only exception is mildew / mould in the bathroom that almost all hotels have). Mexican Restaurant accross the road is fab - happy hour margaritas great!!!

Cons - minor repair works needed for bathroom - door handle was broken.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple