2,635 results
All reviewsgreat locationloft suitesanta monicatrader joesbeverly hillswalking distancerodeo driveuniversal studiosbars and restaurantsbeverly centersunset striplos angelesvalet parkingjoseconciergestarbucksweho
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I stayed at the Ramada Hotel In West Hollywood and would never go back there again.I was there last October 2013 and the experience has left me shaken, as I was on my own,
The staff were so rude making offensive signs behind my back, thinking I did not notice.Mind you the other guests did.October was off peak season as my agent told me.I came back late one night from Disneyland and the front desk refused and were not willingly to accommodate my request for a late check out the next day.I even offered to downgrade and change rooms if need be, as I wanted to fit one more visit to Warner Brothers Studios before I left for OZ.They told me I had to call back the next day to request a late check out.So I missed out on seeing Warner Brothers.
The next day the front desk had totally forgot to call my taxi and after many hours of waiting in my room, I went downstairs, only to be told I did not make such a request.Not only that the concierge gave me the wrong opening and closing times to Paramount Studios and I turned up after paying for a taxi, only to be told at the gate they were closed.I was very upset as this was my last day in LA and that I was leaving for OZ that afternoon.The staff and even the management at the time after i complained,were not at all apologetic for their mistakes and I came back to Oz very upset.They just did not care at all.
As what could of ended as a good trip turned out to be a disaster.I hope people reading this will learn from my horrible experiences.I spent thousands of $$ for a trip that ended as a nightmare.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Sophie K
Reviewed August 2, 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza By Wyndham West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Reviewed July 31, 2014

We were on a Sweet 16 BD trip with my daughter and her best friend and I chose this hotel based on location and a deal I found. I was not disappointed. It's not a 5 star - but it's CLEAN and close to everything - at the corner of Beverly Hills, WeHo and Hollywood. We were able to get almost everywhere on our "list" within 15 minutes. I had rented a car (which you really have to do in LA) and we used the valet the entire trip. For three females traveling alone, it was worth the $2 not to have to walk through a parking garage. The staff was so courteous and tended to every need. When I called to complain that my air wasn't working, someone was at my door within 2 minutes. And guess what - it was MY mistake! I felt so bad. They also opened my bottle of wine for me aat the front desk.

The towels are thick and the beds are comfortable. They have a safe and refrigerator in each room. There's also a 24 hour diner next door (that has Happy Hour till 11:00 PM!) and serves good food. It was a great way to wrap up the day - we would walk over there and the girls would have a snack and I could get a glass of wine. Sit outside and watch the people...so interesting!

Room Tip: Away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your review.

Ramada Plaza WEHO has an excellent location and provides clean, nicely appointed guestrooms that are reasonably priced. Our guests within walking distance to many exciting night clubs, fine restaurants and great shopping on Santa Monica, Sunset Blvd and La Cienega Blvd. We’re also only eight blocks from Beverly Center, Beverly Connection and Cedar Sinai Medical Center. Many of these locations can be walked to or require just a short trip by car or taxi.

Kitchen 24, our on-site restaurant, has offers a wonderful selection of food, appetizers and drinks. The menu items prices are reasonably priced and they’re open 24 hours a day serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. They also feature a wonderful outdoor patio area an offer a full bar with an extended happy hour, 7 days a week. It’s a great location to people watch along historic route 66!

Reviewed July 31, 2014

The hotel is known as "The Ramrod-a" (after the popular gay bar) because of its popularly with gay guests, and--true--it is in the heart of West Hollywood's gay center, but we were surprised that in July the place seemed more overrun by European tourist families. Unfortunately, that meant that the pool was overtaken by screaming children and we were constantly disturbed by perpetual running in the halls and rooms above us--sometimes very late. We were on the second floor facing Santa Monica Blvd, which we thought might be noisy, but we were less bothered by noise outside than that emanating from within. The only outside disturbance was from cigarette smoke wafting up and into our opened window from staff taking breaks on the garage deck below us.

Our room was comfortable enough with a firm king-size bed, although dim lighting made it a bit difficult to read at night. We discovered that the primary bathroom light was out on our first night, but it was promptly repaired when we reported it the next morning. Who doesn't travel to LA without a car? And parking is $30 extra per night, which seems to be the going rate, but surely adds up. The in-room fridge seemed handy, until all our drinks froze and exploded inside. It was very difficult to adjust the temperature down. The free wifi is extremely unreliable, and most evenings we could not connect. Service seemed to be better in the mornings, but it is frustrating to have such unreliable service. And finally, the elevators are slow, and during our stay we often had to wait because the cars were full before they reached us. (Recovering from knee surgery, I was dependent on the elevators.) For longer stays, there are washers and driers available, but from our experience, the washers do little more than jiggle the clothes in cold water, and that doesn't get them clean.

Kitchen 24 is the attached hotel restaurant with good-enough offerings and service but great outdoor seating for watching the parade of West Hollywooders and visitors go buy. It's also a great place for a night-cap as the evening cools. There is also a Starbucks on the corner for a quick, light breakfast and coffee.

Room Tip: During summer holiday time, ask for a top floor room to avoid the noise of kids running the halls above you.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ingmar53
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Myself and two girlfriends stayed at the Ramada for three nights this past week and wanted to say what a great place to stay! We had a lofted hotel room with king bed & pull out sofa (that was very comfortable) and plenty of room in the room for us and our luggage. The pool area, while not a "scene", is a great outdoor oasis with nice lounge chairs and heated pool. The location is excellent, we walked to the nightclub area of Sunset Strip, there is a 24 hr restaurant next door, grocery store & coffee houses all within a block. And finally, the staff was fantastic, very friendly, very helpful, just so nice. Great location for vacation stays!

Room Tip: The lofted suites are a great deal!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza By Wyndham West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Thank you for your review.

Ramada Plaza WEHO has a great location and is within walking distance to many exciting night clubs, fine restaurants and great shopping on Santa Monica, Sunset Blvd, Melrose Avenue and La Cienega Blvd. We’re also close to Hollywood Blvd, Universal Studios, Rodeo Drive, Beverly Center, The Grove, and Cedar Sinai Medical Center.

I’m glad you had the opportunity to stay in one of our loft suites, which is a large 2 story suite renovated guestroom suites which features: hardwood floors, 42” HDTV, wetbar, microwave, refrigerator, in-room movies, coffee service and more. The bedroom is located in the upstairs loft, while the living room and kitchenette area is located downstairs on the 1st level.

Kitchen 24, our on-site restaurant, offers a wonderful selection of food, appetizers and drinks. The menu items are reasonably priced and they’re open 24 hours a day serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. They also feature a wonderful outdoor patio area an offer a full bar with an extended happy hour, 7 days a week. Starbucks Coffee and Body Factory Juice & Smoothies is also located on-site. Trader Joe’s is located adjacent to the hotel and offers a large variety of food and beverage items to choose from.