Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in West Hollywood
nsw australia
“Ok”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The hotel is located in a great spot and is a great hotel. The only problem i had was the staff at the front desk and the young conceirge, both made us feel like we were a bother and were interrupting their day. When i mentioned about the Australian dollars pinned in the office he sounded bored and yes all australians tell me the same thing. The young girl on the front desk didn't want to really help with directions and reluctantly handed over a photo copied map.
The hotel is in a great location with bars,restaurant and Starbucks all very close. The rooms are good and spacious. Rodeo Dr is not too far either. Would consider staying again but staff problem must be addressed. We stayed 23rd Oct.

• Stayed October 2013
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for your review.

Ramada Plaza WEHO has a very central location and is located in the heart of West Hollywood. The hotel is within walking distance to many exciting night clubs, fine restaurants and great shopping on Santa Monica, Sunset Blvd, Melrose Avenue and La Cienega Blvd. We’re also only eight blocks from Rodeo Drive, Beverly Center, Beverly Connection, and Cedar Sinai Medical Center.

I’m sorry to learn that the customer service you received was less than satisfactory. I will speak with both individuals and share your comments. We understand that we’re in a competitive industry and the service we provide often determines whether a customer returns or not. Again, thank you for sharing your comments with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Great restaurant beside hotel and a Starbucks always makes it a little better. The location was great and this hotel is probably the best value if you really want to stay around Beverly Hills. Only issue I had was the staff. Not trying to be rude, but it seemed like they just hired bored teenagers to run the place. When I first went to check in, I was asked how my day was (which is good, what you expect at a hotel). Only when I responded, "And yours?", the employee went on about how bad his day was because he wasn't able to go for another smoke break. After a long flight, listening to this for about 5-10 minutes was not fun. From there, I wasn't able to use the credit card I prepaid for the room on, so I was told I couldn't check in. Plain and simple. Unless I left to go get cash from an ATM (which would have been expensive with all the chargers of different banks since I'm from Canada), I wasn't going to be staying in a room I already paid for. After awhile of discussions, finally I asked if I could use my Canadian debit card (which I didn't think could work), but it ended up going through after having to do a bunch of photocopying etc. I proceeded to the elevator, clicked the button for about 5 minutes until the front desk employee told me I had to swipe my card to get it to work. I appreciate the security, but a heads up would be nice.

Room was fine, nothing great. Average 3 star cleanliness. It really didn't bother me much though, and the free WIFI was great! Definite bonus. Yes, the rooms facing the street are loud although that didn't bug me. What did, was the housekeepers! The latch that physically doesn't allow someone to open the door was broken, and the housekeepers would just barge in whenever. Sometimes they knocked, sometimes they didn't. And once when they knocked at the same time as opening the door, I went to the door asking them to come back and they all started laughing for no reason. So the constant wonder if someone's going to walk in when I'm showering or changing etc. bothered me.

I then decided to stay another night. I called early that morning to let them know. I often do this at hotels so I don't book too many days at a time. Usually it's just a simple "Thank you we'll add that to your bill". Not here, I had to go down (I figured just to sign), and completely re-check in. But they couldn't make a reservation there. So I had to get out my iphone, download the expedia app & create a new reservation. Then wait for it to go through, then add my deposit again on my debit card, then give them my room key and get a new one (for the same room). The whole process took about 20 minutes. I had a meeting to go to, and the employee laughed and said "Hope you have nowhere to be!" - I did.

Overall, the price of this place for the service and room quality is too much, but you're paying for the location. They do have a nice pool area with chairs to tan which was nice. I just appreciate good service, and I think this hotel needs to reevaluate their employee's behaviour.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for your review.

Ramada Plaza WEHO provides clean, nicely appointed guestrooms that are reasonably priced. Our rates are some of the most competitive that you will find in the West Hollywood/Beverly Hills area.

That great restaurant you mentioned was Kitchen 24 and it is extremely popular with both hotel guests and local residents. It’s also great to have Starbucks on-site as well.

I’m not sure of the reason you couldn’t use your credit card, unless it was declined by your merchant bank. We do have to verify the credit card used for the reservation and to have a small deposit for incidental charges. This is standard practice in the hotel industry.

I’m sorry that our front office staff didn’t inform you that our elevators are operated with your room key. I will have someone check the security latch in your guestroom and correct that immediately, if it hasn’t been done already.

Our housekeeping staff cleans all of our guestrooms daily, so they do knock to access guestrooms for that purpose. A do not disturb sign is provided, if a guest does not want to be disturbed. In that case, after 2pm, the room is usually contacted via telephone to arrange a convenient time to clean the room.

I apologize for the poor experience you had with our front office staff. I will be sharing your comments about the less than professional attitude displayed and the poor service you received. It is our goal to make the process as easy as possible for our guests and not elaborate about personal issues with our customers.

Travelers are raving about these West Hollywood hotels

Ontario
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in February and I remember the hotel was absolutely fabulous! The staff weren't the friendliest bunch, but they were in no way rude. Just hurried. There was a surprise of parking fee that we didn't see listed on the website, but we may have honestly missed it.
The room was well-appointed and the bathroom was fresh and clean. The hotel was quiet and perfectly located in the heart of Hollywood. Continental breakfast? NO WAY! It was a full on breakfast. Stayed 4 nights, and never ate the same thing twice because there was THAT much variety. A+!
Can't wait to return!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for your review.

Our website is managed by RAMADA Worldwide and we’ve requested the parking fee to be specified on the website, however, they will only indicate a parking fee will be charged. Our website www.ramadaweho.com indicates specifically the parking fee we charge. Typically, most urban hotels charge for overnight parking, especially in West Hollywood/Hollywood/Beverly Hills/Santa Monica.

We have an excellent location and ours guests are within walking distance to many exciting night clubs, fine restaurants and great shopping on Santa Monica, Sunset Blvd and La Cienega Blvd. We’re also only eight blocks from Beverly Center, Beverly Connection and Cedar Sinai Medical Center. Many of these locations can be walked to or require just a short trip by car or taxi.

Kitchen 24, our on-site restaurant, does an outstanding job with breakfast. You can’t find a restaurant that can do a better job and they even have their own coffee/espresso bar on-site.
They also have a full-service bar and a lovely patio area to enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner. They're also open 24 hours per day, 7 days a week.
Reviewed October 25, 2013

First of all,nowhere is close to anything in LA. this place was probably the closest you will get to being "in the middle of it all" the staff upgraded us as we were on our honeymoon which was lovely of them but beware if you get a room facing the street then do not expect to have any sleep as it is SO LOUD. Overall good place to stay, bus stop right out the door takes you right to santa Monica (about an hour if you catch the 704) great free wifi and kitchen 24 is right next door. Would stay again if I ever ventured back in weho.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review.

We’re glad you enjoyed your stay. Ramada Plaza WEHO provides clean, nicely appointed guestrooms that are reasonably priced.

Our Wifi service is very good and we’re in the process of upgrading to even higher bandwidth in the next few months to provide our guests with the best possible Wifi experience.

Kitchen 24 is open 24 hours a day serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. The menu items reasonably priced and they offer a wonderful selection of food, appetizers and drinks. They also feature a wonderful outdoor patio area an offer a full bar with an extended happy hour, 7 days a week.

Santa Monica Blvd. (historic route 66) is a world famous street and does experience heavy traffic during the day, however, during the evening the amount of traffic declines significantly.
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

The hotel staff were extremely helpfully with everything we needed. Only thing is it could do with a slight upgrade. Just to keep up to date n keep it modern.

Mainly the bathroom.. I hate shower curtains they're soooo out dated and annoy me! But that's just me..

Otherwise great place to stay!! And I have to say!!!!! KITCHEN 24 was by far the BEST!!! Restaurant in America! The best place I ate on my whole trip and I went to Mexico as well.. Amazing staff awesome dessert!! Great room service as well..

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review.

We’re glad you received excellent customer service from our staff. Unfortunately, our style of shower curtain is determined by our brand corporate headquarters and we’re obligated to follow their guidelines.

Kitchen 24, our on-site restaurant, has been a wonderful addition to Ramada Plaza WEHO. K24 offers a wonderful selection of food, appetizers and drinks. The menu items prices are reasonably priced and they’re open 24 hours a day serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. They also feature a wonderful outdoor patio area an offer a full bar with an extended happy hour, 7 days a week.