“It's a greatplace to stay in L.A” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites

You added Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8585 Santa Monica Boulevard, West Hollywood, CA 90069 (West Hollywood)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
Melbourne, Australia
“It's a greatplace to stay in L.A”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I've stayed at the Ramada Plaza several times & it's a great location--close to everything & really convenient with parking etc
it also has really comfortable beds--friendly staff,and a great 24 hour restaurant Kitchen24
I was on a business trip & I needed reliable internet & to send faxes etc & the staff were extremely helpful
All in all ,for my needs I'd give it a 10 !!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for your review.

Ramada Plaza WEHO places its guests within close proximity to many popular attractions, exciting night clubs, great shopping and terrific restaurants. Many of these locations can be walked to or require just a short trip by car or taxi.

Kitchen 24 has brought an exciting new vibe to Ramada Plaza WEHO.

K24 provides a wonderful selection of food, appetizers and drinks. The menu items prices are reasonably priced and they’re open 24 hours a day serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. They also feature a wonderful outdoor patio area an offer a full bar with an extended happy hour, 7 days a week.

I’m also glad to hear you received excellent customer service from the staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Highland, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival we checked into our "non-smoking" room. When we went up to our room and entered the air conditioning was blasting full speed with the window open. It wreaked of smoke. We then went back down to the lobby and the manager was rude. No apology...just said he was sold out but would see what he could do. Came back 5 minutes later and said the only room he had available was a room with only a shower. We said fine. Went back up and they had given us the handicap room that had a roll in shower. It was dirty & smelled. We went back down to the front and said we were leaving. As the manager, who again did not apologize, refunded our money, he said midway through..."well, I can offer you a king suite but only for tonight". ( we needed 2 nights)...um, I thought you were sold out?!?! It was probably the worst customer service I have ever dealt with at a hotel and my husband and I have traveled the world! We left and went down the street & stated at the Beverley Hilton...which was fabulous!! I would recommend spending a little bit more and stay where people treat you with respect & actually WANT you to stay at their hotel. Ramada gets a big fat F...but the Hilton gets an A+. Thank you Ramada for doing us a favor. DO NOT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank 6Wallys
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for your review.

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. Ramada Plaza is a 100% non-smoking hotel. Occasionally, some customers violate our non-smoking policy and this can negatively impact on our other guests. In this particular case, the hotel was sold-out and we attempted to treat the room and remove the odor as quickly as possible.

The odor removal process can take a few days to perform properly and we did not have adequate time to completely treat the room. The handicap room was the only roomtype available at the time, for a 2 night stay.

The front desk manager should’ve offered you the King suite for the night and resolved the situation immediately.

Again we’re very sorry about the inconvenience and your comments will be shared with both our front office and housekeeping staff in order to avoid an inconvenience like this in the future.

Travelers are raving about these West Hollywood hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Upon booking I was told I'd have a room with a microwave and was told they had a nice fitness center also. Once checked in I was asked if I wanted a microwave (which I already was told I would), I said yes, then was told they just had to check with housekeeping fir an available one, then I was told a short time later that since I wasn't staying in a suite I couldn't have one. Then my minor child got trapped in the bathroom bc they gave us a room with a broken door knob- after 30 minutes he got out and their fix was to scotch tape the door so hopefully no one else would get trapped. Mind you I am traveling with a potty trained 2 year old who walks himself into the bathroom- fortunately if wasn't him who got trapped! Also, their gym is too small!!! I went to take a run on the treadmill and couldn't bc the man using the bowflex like machine next to it was extending his arms out using the machine and it was so close to the treadmill his arm was extending over the treadmill belt making it impossible for us both to work out! Also, took my kids to the pool and it was salty and stinky. Had to pull my kids out. It's nice bc once here your basically stuck bc as a last minute reservation at another hotel you get stuck paying higher rates! Your better off booking someplace else from the start!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for your review.

I’m not sure if you spoke with a RAMADA central reservation agent or directly with the hotel regarding your reservation. These type of errors sometimes occur when speaking directly central reservation agent, who’s not familiar with the hotel.

All of our guestroom suites have a microwave. Our standard rooms don’t have microwaves, so these would need to be arranged in advance. It would also be based upon availability since we only keep a limited supply on-hand. Generally, customers will reserve a suite to have a microwave along with the kitchenette area.

I apologize for the door knob that wasn’t functioning properly. I contacted both our housekeeping and maintenance dept to correct this issue.

The fitness room we have does provide full workout and offers a treadmill, recumbent bicycle and a universal weight machine. If a full service facility is required, 24 hour fitness, one of the largest in Southern California, is located across the street from the hotel.

Our outdoor pool receives alot of use during the summer and is serviced daily. It’s not a salt water pool, so I no explanation for the “salty” comment. Regarding the smell, we service the pool daily and have not received any other complaints regarding any odors. If a guest has a complaint regarding the pool, it should be reported immediately.
Auckland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Thanks for upgrading us to a Loft Room, we had indicated that we are travelling to US to celebrate my birthday and our marriage anniversary and the management had upgraded our room - we really appreciated the gesture and were happy with the size of the room and the amenities.
Would recommend the hotel and will surely return back.

One feedback though - maybe a little bit of training for the housekeeping as the it seemed that the bed was made in a haste and they didn't have time to tuck in the sheets properly - not a biggie but something that they may need to keep in mind.

Jose the concierge was very helpful with tips and advice, he helped us book the day trips.

The restaurant 24 is really handy and the food is really good.

Room Tip: Loft room is situated on the 4rth floor which is quiet and away from the main road.