“The hotel is a good location. The lobby is nice, the rooms...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites

Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Upon booking I was told I'd have a room with a microwave and was told they had a nice fitness center also. Once checked in I was asked if I wanted a microwave (which I already was told I would), I said yes, then was told they just had to check with housekeeping fir an available one, then I was told a short time later that since I wasn't staying in a suite I couldn't have one. Then my minor child got trapped in the bathroom bc they gave us a room with a broken door knob- after 30 minutes he got out and their fix was to scotch tape the door so hopefully no one else would get trapped. Mind you I am traveling with a potty trained 2 year old who walks himself into the bathroom- fortunately if wasn't him who got trapped! Also, their gym is too small!!! I went to take a run on the treadmill and couldn't bc the man using the bowflex like machine next to it was extending his arms out using the machine and it was so close to the treadmill his arm was extending over the treadmill belt making it impossible for us both to work out! Also, took my kids to the pool and it was salty and stinky. Had to pull my kids out. It's nice bc once here your basically stuck bc as a last minute reservation at another hotel you get stuck paying higher rates! Your better off booking someplace else from the start!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for your review.

I’m not sure if you spoke with a RAMADA central reservation agent or directly with the hotel regarding your reservation. These type of errors sometimes occur when speaking directly central reservation agent, who’s not familiar with the hotel.

All of our guestroom suites have a microwave. Our standard rooms don’t have microwaves, so these would need to be arranged in advance. It would also be based upon availability since we only keep a limited supply on-hand. Generally, customers will reserve a suite to have a microwave along with the kitchenette area.

I apologize for the door knob that wasn’t functioning properly. I contacted both our housekeeping and maintenance dept to correct this issue.

The fitness room we have does provide full workout and offers a treadmill, recumbent bicycle and a universal weight machine. If a full service facility is required, 24 hour fitness, one of the largest in Southern California, is located across the street from the hotel.

Our outdoor pool receives alot of use during the summer and is serviced daily. It’s not a salt water pool, so I no explanation for the “salty” comment. Regarding the smell, we service the pool daily and have not received any other complaints regarding any odors. If a guest has a complaint regarding the pool, it should be reported immediately.
Auckland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Thanks for upgrading us to a Loft Room, we had indicated that we are travelling to US to celebrate my birthday and our marriage anniversary and the management had upgraded our room - we really appreciated the gesture and were happy with the size of the room and the amenities.
Would recommend the hotel and will surely return back.

One feedback though - maybe a little bit of training for the housekeeping as the it seemed that the bed was made in a haste and they didn't have time to tuck in the sheets properly - not a biggie but something that they may need to keep in mind.

Jose the concierge was very helpful with tips and advice, he helped us book the day trips.

The restaurant 24 is really handy and the food is really good.

Room Tip: Loft room is situated on the 4rth floor which is quiet and away from the main road.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 stars
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for your review.

Congratulations on your anniversary and your birthday.

I’m that you were upgraded to stay in our Loft Suite, which is a large 2 story suite
It sounds like you stayed in one of our renovated guestroom suites which features: hardwood floors, 42” HDTV, wetbar, microwave, refrigerator, in-room movies, coffee service and more.

Thank you for acknowledging the outstanding customer service provided by Jose. I’m very pleased to hear that he did his personal best to meet your needs. I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with Jose, who I know will really appreciate your remarks.

I will also share your remarks with our housekeeping staff.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Los Angeles was our first stop in the US and this hotel couldn't not of made us feel anymore welcome. After arriving at the hotel at about 11am and check in wasn't until 4pm they let us check in early and even upgraded our room. All the staff at this hotel were friendly and would do anything we asked. One of the employees even lent us his phone as we were having trouble with ours. Was in a good location and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank zanaob
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your review.

Ramada Plaza WEHO has an excellent location and is within walking distance to many exciting night clubs, fine restaurants and great shopping located on Santa Monica Blvd, Sunset Blvd, Melrose Avenue and La Cienega Blvd. Ramada Plaza provides friendly guest service with clean, nicely appointed guestrooms.

I’m glad to hear that our staff did their personal best to provide you with outstanding customer service and met all of your needs.
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Hollywood
4.0 of 5 stars 863 reviews
Andaz West Hollywood
#3 of 17 in West Hollywood
4.5 of 5 stars 2,399 reviews

Been to Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!