“Good price but an average hotel”

Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
London, United Kingdom
“Good price but an average hotel”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The price for this hotel was pretty good so I really can't complain. The room was average, with a nice big flat screen tv and the beds were comfortable. A lot of mirrors in the room which I did like! The bathroom was very average, but the shower/bath tub combination was mediocre - not sure why the railing with the shower curtain curved the way it did and it was difficult to rotate the tap around to get the temperature that I wanted. Housekeeping also was very mediocre. The one day I came back and it was 10 mins before I realised that they'd actually 'cleaned' the room. They would leave used towels exactly where they were eg sprawled on the bed, which I found pretty much unacceptable. They could have at least folded them if they weren't going to replace them (which was fine as they weren't on the floor, signifying I would reuse them). I have also found that at most other hotels I have stayed at, they would try to clean my items up a bit eg put them in a neat pile or at least organize them somehow - perhaps I have just been spoilt.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank CliffTO
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for your review.

Ramada Plaza WEHO is reasonably priced an is within walking distance to many exciting night clubs, fine restaurants and great shopping located on Santa Monica Blvd, Sunset Blvd, Melrose Avenue and La Cienega Blvd.

The bathrooms at the hotel are currently being upgrades, so it’s possible you particular bathroom has not been completed yet.

The hotel is environmentally friendly and does participate in a water conservation program. As part of the program, if guests want their towels replaced, we ask them to leave them on the bathroom floor. Otherwise, housekeeping assumes the guest wants to participate in the program and does not replace the towels.

I agree with you that housekeeping could’ve neatly folded your towels.

As you can imagine, the hotel has to be very careful handling a guests personal items. In some cases, guests become extremely upset if any personal items are touched, moved or rearranged. We find most guests will place personal items where they want them and prefer housekeeping to only clean their room and to freshen the linen and towels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Aspley
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Anything you want - ask Jose! He was fabulous in getting us transport to the airport and advising us on where best to eat and grabbing local transport.
K24 next door to the Ramada was great for breakfast and the location was really within walking distance (3-5km) to Beverly Hills, 3rd Street, Melrose and the Beverly Centre. Otherwise the buses are easy to catch and run up and down Santa Monica every 15mins for $1.50 USD. West Hollywood was a great little pocket of shops, cafe's and fab people. Would love to stay again, thanks guys, you really made our trip fun.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for your review.

Our concierge staff does an excellent job providing outstanding customer service. Whether it’s handling transportation requests, reserving a tour or recommending a restaurant, our concierge staff is always ready to assist.

K24 is open 24 hours a day, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. They also feature a wonderful outdoor patio area an offer a full bar, with an extended happy hour.

Ramada Plaza WEHO is within walking distance to many exciting night clubs, fine restaurants and great shopping located on Santa Monica Blvd, Sunset Blvd, Melrose Avenue and La Cienega Blvd.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The only good thing about this hotel is the location. NOTHING. I repeat NOTHING is good about this place. It smells. It is dated. Did I say it smells?

When my partner and I checked in for the Thanksgiving weekend, we walked in to the lobby. First thing I noticed was deferred maintenance. We had stayed there in 2004 when it seemed nicer. Got our keys and went to our room.

I opened the door and almost wanted to vomit. The room stunk to high heaven. There was a pronounced mildew like smell or mold. I am allergic to mold. My head was ready to explode.
Just dirty smell in general.
Meanwhile it looked like a hooker and her John were entering the next room. I got the creeps.

My partner asked for us to be moved to another room. They had nothing but a suite which sounded ok. They gave it to us for the same price.

Suite had beat up furniture, and sticky cheap laminate floors. Not even sure it was laminate..a cheaper version of it I guess.

We stayed because we were exhausted and the room didnt stink as bad.

The bathroom fan was like a jet plane taking off but we were told maintenance couldnt look at til we would already be gone.

Love West Hollywood ( lived there for a couple years), but wouldnt stay at this place again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Itsmyright
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your review.

Yes, our location is fantastic, but there are several other features about the property that are quite good.

Let’s address some of your concerns. The hotel was completed renovated in 2009 and continues to undergo regular improvements and enhancements. Right now, the hotel is upgrading its WiFI, and hotel elevators. We’ve completed an upgrade of the lighting package in our guestrooms and we’re currently upgrading our guestroom bathrooms.

I apologize that you were unhappy with your guestroom. I’m glad that you were switched to a suite.

The hardwood floors installed in our suites have been well received by most of our guests. Occasionally a bathroom fan can become noisy due to age or dust. They are checked on a regular basis, and again, we don’t usually receive complaints about them. I had our engineer relace the fan in order to correct the problem.

Travelers are raving about these West Hollywood hotels

Crystal Lake, Illinois
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was traveling for business and this location was very convenient to each of my job sites. Nice area, quite with on-site parking. Parking was a bit pricey but it does come with unlimited in and out privileges which was a plus for me. Room decor was OK bed was comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Scott D
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your review.

We’re very glad you enjoyed your stay. Our location is very convenient and is very close to many popular attractions, exciting night clubs, great shopping and terrific restaurants. Many of these locations can be walked to, while others require just a short by trip by car or taxi.

We do receive many compliments regarding the comfort of our beds.
CT
Reviewed March 14, 2013

While we chose this hotel based on the West Hollywood location, we wouldn't stay here again.In fairness, the rate was lower than some other hotels in the area-we got it on Hotwire. Our room as tiny and many amenities were missing-real glasses instead of paper cups. The staff at the front desk were polite but not very helpful. The $29 per day parking extra was steep. The lobby was tiny and there appeared to ba a small bar that was never open.

Room Tip: I would try to use another hotel. The lobby is small and the rooms are small.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank airedaleluva
Thank you for your review.

We do offer some of the best available rates in West Hollywood-Beverly Hills market. Our guestrooms are average sized, but I wouldn’t characterize them as small. We’ve use Ramada branded ripple cups, as they tend to be more sanitary than glassware; many guests prefer a disposable cup versus reusing glassware.

Overnight parking can be expensive in West Hollywood, however, our parking rates are some of the lowest in the city. Our lobby bar is used for special events and catered functions.

Our restaurant, Kitchen 24 offers a full bar with an extended happy hour, 7 days a week.

They also provide a wonderful selection of food, appetizers and drinks. The menu items prices are reasonably priced and they’re open 24 hours a day serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Kitchen 24 also features a wonderful outdoor patio area.