WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites

Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
London, United Kingdom
“Very thin walls, creaking ceilings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you are a light sleeper, try and get a room on the top floor. I spent my first night in a room downstairs, and the trampling and creaking noise from the guests in the room above me were very loud and annoying. The guests in the room next to mine decided to have a party until the early morning, and they smoked in their room even though it is not allowed. The smell came into my room through the connecting doors. When they became so loud that even my ear plugs couldn't block out the noise, I called the front desk, and they immediately sent a security guy, who made these selfish people stop. There seem to be a lot of young party people in this hotel, so if you can't sleep, call the front desk. The staff was all very friendly and helpful, and the next morning they gave me a free upgrade to a loft suite, which was a lot quieter
The beds are very comfortable and the loft suite is spacious. It could do with better lighting. The bath tub drained quite slowly, and the rooms could be a bit cleaner in general. The elevators are slow. Parking is available for a fee, which is high, but normal for that sort of location.
There doesn't seem to be a breakfast room. The bar next door was too noisy for us, so we went to a pancake house instead, which was a 5-minute walk from the hotel. The loft suite had a fridge, a tea maker and a microwave, so we could have brought our own food, if we wanted to.
Overall, an average hotel which is probably best for people who don't need much sleep.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mamachoco
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your review.

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced from an adjacent guestroom.

If a guest is disturbed by another customer, we hope they contact the front desk staff as soon as possible. A security officer will immediately be sent to resolve the noise complaint.

Our parking rates are generally high in West Hollywood, regardless where you stay. However, our parking rates are still very competitive. Breakfast is available 24 hours a day at our on-site restaurant Kitchen 24. They also provide 24 hour room service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Crown Point
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

The stay here was the worst hotel stay ever. Me and my wife stayer here for 4 nights checking in feb 20 ,not 1 night was I able to sleep past 6am. There was a huge dumpser 20 ft from my window and construction started at 6am every morning.I understand construction happens but i should have been informed during the booking process or even check in. Hotel staff acted like they were clueless about the issue. I spoke with other guests that also complained and you would have to be blind and deaf not to know what was going on there. One manager told me they were going to lower my room rate a small amount and remove 2 nights of parking . Even this wouldnt have been enough to make up for the miserable experience we had here. If this was a free stay it would not be worth it. I was told this the night before check out . The next day at check out a diffrent manager was workind and said I would get one night at the reduced rate and one night parking removed . I argued for a bit but the manager just didnt care and said she would talk to the first manager the next day and call me to resolve this, needless to say its been 3 weeks and no call. The managment was rude and ignorant. I dont think it is a lot to expect from a hotel to get a good night sleep. I understand that things happen but construction 20ft. from your room is not something a guest should have to deal with.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

2 Thank Russell G
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 13, 2013

Yes, there was construction being conducted by a local business that occurred during your stay. Once you brought your concern about the problem to our attention, we approached the business and had them modify their hours of construction to resolve the problem.

Though we were not directly responsible for the noise, we provided you with discounts on both your room rate and parking charges to compensate you for the inconvenience.

You did not report any further problem with the noise relating to the construction during the rest of your stay and we considered the matter resolved. Also, there are several rooms located on the west end of the property. We received no other complaints from guests that occupied these rooms.

Travelers are raving about these West Hollywood hotels