“So close to being really good.....”

Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in West Hollywood
West Hollywood
“So close to being really good.....”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Lots to like including location and parking but rooms are shabby and just passable on cleanliness.
The beds are OK but f you are on a lower floor, the noise from above can be very loud. Evey footstep can be heard.
If the rooms were a littlle cleaner it woudl have had a better overall score.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for your review.

Ramada Plaza WEHO has a central location and places its guests within close proximity to many popular attractions, exciting night clubs, great shopping and terrific restaurants. Many of these establishments are a short distance from the hotel can be walked to or require just a short by trip by car or taxi.

I’m sorry to hear about your comments regarding cleanliness. The hotel is well maintained and we receive regular compliments about the cleanliness of our guest rooms and common areas.

I will share your comments with our housekeeping staff. We also receive positive feedback regarding the comfort our beds. The hotel undergoes regular upgrades and property enhancements. The entire facility was completely renovated in 2009.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Had researched many reviews on here and found a few choices. I had stayed here at Ramada years ago and just refused to do so again. I took a chance and was glad I did. The rooms have been redone (they really needed it!) and the location is wonderful. I suggest it to anyone wanting to be in the thick of things.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your review.

Our hotel was completely renovated in 2009 and undergoes regular upgrades and improvements.

Ramada Plaza WEHO has an excellent location and is within walking distance to many exciting night clubs, fine restaurants and great shopping on Santa Monica Blvd., Sunset Blvd., Melorse Avenue and La Cienega Blvd. We’re also only eight blocks from Beverly Center, Beverly Connection and Cedar Sinai Medical Center.
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed here for our honeymoon. Whilst our agent had made mention of this the hotel didn't acknowledge it which was a little disappointed.
I was really sick during my stay and the room was comfortable. The only issue I had was the lighting in the bathroom, the door was beyond noisy and the bed sheets kept coming off 5 mins after being in bed. Our last night (Super Bowl weekend) there was some hideous noise which was annoying when you have a long drive ahead and are feeling like death. Great stay though. Staff were friendly and helped us with our hire car issues (we are Aussie and weren't sure on a few things)

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your review.

I’m glad to hear our staff was friendly and accommodating regarding your stay. Our beds are very comfortable and we receive many compliments regarding their comfort.

I will share your comments with our maintenance staff regarding noisy door and have that corrected immediately. Without specifics, I can’t comment regarding the noise you experienced on Super Bowl weekend.
Chicago, IL
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I am not a fan of LA, but had to go for a wedding and must say that I enjoyed my stay here. I had stayed here back in 2006 and found it a bit dumpy, but they have upgraded the rooms and other areas of the hotel, so it was much nicer this time.

I booked a duplex loft suite and it was very comfortable and nicely designed. The room had a fridge and sofabed. My only complaint with the loft is that it was hot outside the first couple days of my trip, and the upstairs sleeping loft didn't cool off very much, even with the air conditioner and ceiling fan on. Oh, and one other minor complaint: the bathroom could have used some updating.

I LOVED the pool area - it wasn't such a "scene" as I imagine some of the other, trendier nearby hotel pools are. It was usually quite empty, and sometimes I had it all to myself. It was a very relaxing time sunning on the deck and taking the occasional dip in the pool.

The location can't be beat - there are tons of restaurants, coffeeshops, clothing stores, a Trader Joes and bars within walking distance.

No complaints about the staff - but I didn't deal too much with them. Housekeeping always said "hello" in the hallways.

Make sure that you eat at WeHo Bistro at 1040 N. La Cienega for breakfast/brunch - service was great and the food was super (especially the scrambled eggs - perhaps the best I've ever had).

If I ever visit LA again, I would definitely stay again at Ramada Plaza & Suites West Hollywood.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank keithb789
Thank you for your review.

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay in our loft suite. The -2- story loft suite is very popular with our guests. It’s quite a unique roomtype and very rare to find a hotel that’s offers this type of accommodation. Our hotel was completely renovated in 2009 and undergoes regular improvements and enhancements.

The outdoor heated pool and sundeck is a wonderful area to relax and enjoy the California sun. We also offer several retailers stores onsite including: Starbucks, Kitchen 24, Burgerim, Supercuts, Enterprise rent-a-car, UPS Store, Body Factory Smoothies and Flywheel Sports.
We hope to see you again soon.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I absolutely hated staying at this place! We arrived at 10pm, drove in and waited... no bellboy or porter. so we lugged our 2 big bags out of the car and then the valet turns up and takes our car - no offer to help with the bags mind you!. we walk in dragging our cases behind us and walk up to the reception . the guy on the desk doesn't even acknowledge us until we are standing in front of him! he checks us in and directs us to the elevator (no offer to take our bags up) we get to our room and realise that the people in the next room are there to party so we call downstairs and ask to move to a quieter room, the room is quieter, I booked a loft suite. its very narrow has high ceilings and a very steep staircase to the loft bedroom. Too high to bring the cases up so we have to leave our luggage downstairs. there is not much storage room at all and the bathroom is downstairs, so if you have to get up in the night to pee it's a real hassle as by the time you get downstairs, you're wide awake!
bathrooms are clean but very dated and hideous fluorescent lighting!
The only saving graces are the most comfy beds, and the close proximity to we ho.
I would not recommend this place or stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Neil M
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for your review.

I’m very sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. We do have concierge staff and its very possible they may have been assisting another customer. Regardless, our valet attendant should’ve offered to help you with your luggage or contacted our concierge staff to provide assistance.

Our loft suites have a stairway that leads to the upstairs loft. Heavier bags would most likely remain downstairs, unless a guest feels comfortable carrying them upstairs. The living room and the bathroom are both located downstairs along with a 42” HDTV, wetbar, fridge, etc.

Thank you for acknowledging our clean bathrooms and comfortable beds. We offer a great, centralized location for guests who want to be in the heart of WEHO.

Travelers are raving about these West Hollywood hotels

Reviewed February 5, 2013

The pictures give no justice.. The outside does't look great but when you get inside its amazing and the rooms are VERY nice. I really love the huge mirrors. It would be nice if it had a microwave. Love love all the lighting in the room!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for your review.

Our guestrooms are nicely appointed and we’ve recently enhanced our guestroom lighting.
All of our suites come standard with a microwave. The huge mirrors are great!