“delightfully pleased”

Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I stayed here with my brother during our visit to L.A. For the price paid for accomodation i was quite satisfied with what was on offer. It provided the basic necessities in a comfortable fashion and reception was always happy to help. The level of service with the concierge on site (Jose) was very pleasing. He happily advised us on the best methods of travel and best offers on site.
To me, having an enjoyable service defines the experience. As an expression of gratitude for our stay, Jose organised a limousine with no extra charge to take us to the airport. A delightful way to end our stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anil D
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Thank you for your review.

We appreciate your business and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay.

I will make sure I share your comments with Jose. Thank you again

for choosing Ramada Plaza Hotel – West Hollywood.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stayed here twice on our trip to California. This place had been recommended by friends and it didn’t fail to disappoint. The location was brilliant, nice and close to everything (by LA standards). There are plenty of café’s and bar’s around and Farmer Joe’s right beside the hotel. We had a loft apartment which was really nice, gave a sense of a bit more space with a view of downtown on the first time and Beverly Hills the second time. The do have a laundry which is so handy ($2 a wash). You really do need a car in LA if you’re planning on spending more than a few days in LA, Parking was $27 a day. This was a little more than other places we looked at, but the rooms were considerably cheaper per night.

Room Tip: The Loft appartments are well worth the extra.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marktravel2000
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Thank you for your review.

Our hotel is conveniently located close to great shopping, wonderful restaurants and exciting entertainment venues.

Kitchen 24, Starbucks, O! Burger, Body Factory, and Trader Joe’s are less than a block
from the hotel.

I’m glad you enjoyed our 2 story loft suite, which provides a separate living area downstairs and a separate bedroom area upstairs, both with there own 42” HDTV.

The hotel provides guest laundry facilities on both the 2nd and 3rd floors.

Due to the limitation of available parking, overnight hotel parking in the West Hollywood area does range between $25 - $35 per night.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

I stayed here back in March 2011 and will be rebooking to stay again in 2012. I found the room to be clean, tidy and in good repair with everything working and staff to be friendly and helpful, with area information and tour details. As I hadn't been to West Hollywood before I wasn't that aware of the area and the distance from other areas however walked to the famers market, Beverly Hills centre and up to sunset strip without an issue. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Courtz23

Thank you for your review.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.

We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

We recently travelled to the US for our annual family holiday and first stop was at the Ramada Plaza West Hollywood for four nights. This hotel was recommended by a wholesaler as "THE" place to stay as it was central to restaurants, shops and cafes. Unfortunately we did not enjoy our stay for the following reasons:
* The bathroom was outdated and the bath spout kept falling off the wall everytime we had a shower which stopped the shower from working. This was reported to the front desk.
* The toilet blocked up constantly.
* The bathroom had a very strong odour of paint from obviously just been painted, which made my child feel quite ill from the fumes.
* Our room was on the street side which was extremely noisy.
* Two of the staff on the reception desk was not very helpful and was quite rude to myself and my wife. It made us feel that we were inconveniencing them with our questions and we were hesitant to ask for any further help.
The location of this hotel is quite good, however the management needs a serious overhaul on their staff and their customer service. Obviously the hotel is in the midst of renovation perhaps? But if so, they should not put customers in rooms if they are not completed or thoroughly checked for any faults. Would not stay here again and would not recommend it and not suitable for a family of five as the rooms were extremely small. For the price that we paid, this was the most expensive hotel throughout our stay in the US, even the Venetian in Las Vegas was cheaper than what we paid to stay at this hotel and the Venetian is first class.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank cookie6474
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Thank you for your review.

I’m sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay.

We are currently updating our guest bathrooms. As part of this project, we are replacing the hardware in all of the bathrooms including the showerheads, tub spouts and diverters. We’re also repainting the bathroom ceilings and recaulking all of the sinks and bathtubs.

It seems you were checked into a guestroom that was in the process of being renovated, but was
not entirely completed. I apologize for this inconvenience. This room should not of been placed into available inventory and rented in its current condition.

The hotel is involved in water conservation practices and uses low flush toilets. These toilets sometimes experience problems and can block up.

Regarding street noise, the hotel does face Santa Monica Blvd., which at times, can be very busy and experience residual noise on the weekends.

There is no excuse for poor guest service and I will discuss with our front office staff at our next meeting.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

If there was a "good" rating between Average and Very Good this hotel deserves it. The location is great, and surprisingly walkable for LA, particularly for the sights and delights of WeHo.

The rooms are fine, and the housekeeping adequate if a little lacking in attention to detail. The lighting in the rooms is low energy and not up to the job - just too dark! The rooms are badly soundproofed and it's possible to hear conversations in other rooms and corridor noise at most times of the day.

Service at the front desk is a little odd. They seem to have a very old system and the staff show little warmth. However other staff such as concierge and maintenance are friendly, even if it did take most of the day to get a blocked toilet fixed. Similarly only one elevator/lift was working all week and the one that was was very very slow.

The hotel is shortly closing for a year-long refit. I hope it retains its good value for the location, but a refurb and retrain will be very welcome.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are quieter and more scenic, but pick one away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Thank you for your review.

We do have a wonderful location and you can walk from the hotel to many attractions, restaurants and shops. I understand your remarks regarding the lighting. We do utilize energy efficient lighting and areaware that some of the rooms may not be as well illuminated as they could be. We are reviewing available options to address and correct this issue.

I apologize that one of our elevators was out of service during your stay. It’s currently being repaired and will be operational shortly.

I’m sorry to hear your comment about the friendliness of our front desk staff. I will address this issue with our staff members and discuss the importance of friendly service to our customers.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

We have stayed in LA many times but on this trip we travelled with our son and daughter-in- law who always stay at the Ramada Plaza Hotel, West Hollywood. This hotel is owned by Australians who must hand pick their employees because they are very pleasant and most attentive. Flaviu at reception and the two concierges were always very helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them. The location is safe and within walking distance to the Beverly Centre and if you enjoy walking Rodeo Drive is not too far away. You can purchase tickets for the hop-on, hop-off bus from the concierge and there is a stop is near by.K24 cafe is next door and is open for all meals and drinks that are all well priced. There is also a supermarket across from the hotels parking and lots of shops near by. We have stayed in many well known hotels in the area but I can highly recommend the Ramada for its great service and perfect location. G&J Knox

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GJKnox
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Thank you for your review.

We’re glad you enjoyed your stay. Our hotel is conveniently located near several “hot spots” including the Beverly Center, Rodeo Drive, The Sunset Strip, The Grove, Melrose Avenue, CBS, Paramount Studios and many more.

Our restaurant, Kitchen 24 is now open 24 hours a day serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. They also offer a full bar and have a lovely patio area to relax.

We also have an excellent line-up of retails on-site or adjacent to the hotel including: Starbucks Coffee, O! Burger, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, SuperCuts, Wells Fargo Bank, Trader Joes, Koo Koo Roo’s, Body Factory, Garden Nail & Spa, Up Dog Fitness and 24 Hour Fitness to name a few.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights in February - single female traveling alone. I had paid for a suite, because that was all that was available at the time I booked, and while the room was fine, it didn't seem like a suite ... unless the fact that it had a little kitchen area is what makes it a suite? Otherwise it just seemed like a normal room. I'd seen pics on their website showing a suite where there's an upstairs with a separate bedroom -- this definitely wasn't like that.

Anyway, I was really glad to have the microwave & fridge because it enabled me to bring food & wine back from the nearby Trader Joe's instead of having to eat out all the time. I would suggest this idea to the other traveler who was disappointed that there was no room service - just get some supplies at TJ's and you can have a great night in, or a late night snack if you come home from a night out.

Location wise, it was good because I was going to 2 concerts at the Largo club on La Cienega, and it was a very short cab ride to the venue. It was in easy walking distance to Melrose Ave. where I went to the great Urth Caffe. And as previously mentioned, there's a Trader Joe's on the next block from the hotel, as well as a Starbucks and a few other restaurants.

The room itself seemed a bit dated -- bathroom in particular needs some remodeling. The sink area outside the bathroom doesn't even have anywhere to hang your hand towel. And the toiletries could've been more upscale - how about getting Aveda products or something like that? I do really like the modern black & silver motif of the decor but the actual furniture and fixtures look dated. The bed, though pretty, wasn't really that comfortable, nor was the linen very high quality, compared to the ones in many hotels I've stayed at. And as others have mentioned, even when you turn on ALL the lights, it's still very dim in the room. Although there is air conditioning/heating, I had a hard time getting it to stay on whenever I turned it on. I'd adjust it and then it would just switch off after a few seconds, before reaching the desired temperature.

The front desk staff was very helpful and accommodating every time I spoke with them. No complaints there at all!

I would probably stay again, especially if they do a little bit of remodeling and bring the furniture/fixtures/amenities up to a more modern/plush standard.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

Thank you for your review.

It sounds like from your description you were booked in an Executive Suite. Our Loft Suite has a bedroom located in the upstairs loft. The living room is downstairs and features a wetbar, refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. Both levels have a 42” HDTV.

There are several stores and retail outlets either on-site or a block from the hotel. Both Trader Joe’s and Starbucks are very popular among hotel guests and local residents. Kitchen 24, which is open 24 hours is becoming the new “hot spot” in West Hollywood.
Our location is central to several entertainment venues, shopping and dining. Melrose Avenue, Sunset Blvd and La Cienega Blvd are around the corner from the property.
The hotel was renovated in 2009 and is updated on regular basis. The products we use, including bathroom amenities and linens are
Guestroom lighting is currently an area that we are reviewing. Some rooms depending on the direction they face, can be darker than other rooms. With our change over to more environmental friendly fluorescent lighting, we’ve seemed to have lost some lighting in the rooms. We are reviewing options to correct this matter.

Regarding the issue with the air conditioner, these are all brand new units. It sounds like you were experienced a problem with ac thermostat. The unit should continue to operate until your desired temperature has been reached. If the unit shuts off prematurely, our engineering staff could replace the faulty thermostat.