“If the price is right!”

Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed July 20, 2011

If the price is right!

The Ramada Plaza Hotel and Suites in West Hollywood has a great location if you want to be close to Beverly Hills without their prices. We came from San Francisco and did not want to drive through LA. The staff arranged to have us picked up at the hotel take a tour of the city and bring us back. 24 fitness is across the street if you want a workout. Families should be warned that hotel is at the fringe of an active gay community. The other downer is parking is $27 for twenty four hours, but it does seem the norm in the urban hotel. No breakfast, but there are choices in the area and a Trader Joes across the street. Give this hotel and its friendly staff a try if you get the reduced price on the internet.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ColoradoCoach
Write a ReviewReviews (2,502)

Reviewed July 19, 2011

thank you for a wonderful experience ,i normally dont spend so much on a trip but this time it was worth it

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I got charged for the room and didn't even stay there. They didn't allow late check in and failed to mention that but was more than happy to take my money when I didn't need the room the next night. I have never stay at the ramada and will never from this experience. Orbitz was on the line with me begging for a refund due to the system error on the dates but the hotel basically said too bad. I usually stay with the Hilton and never had a problem.

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank Sbcollegeguy
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Be ware! Filthy carpet that gave me a skin rash, broken televisions and an unfortunate run in with the property owner (an angry Australian man) who nearly ran over my wife with his car while we tried to park in the $30/day parking garage.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Timmers510
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Visited over Gay pride Weekend and paid top $$ ($265/night) but that was to be expected. We found everything to be about 3* , lack of restaurant and room service only gripe. Slow lifts but great location, and we did not find it noisybat all.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed July 15, 2011

No restaurant. No room service. Internet showed these as available.
Long journey - tired on arrival. Only coffee available in room - allergic, so, asked for tea, No: asked for milk, No: asked for bottled water, No. 'Go out and buy some'! Drinks machine in hall, but only carbonated minerals (no water at all). Late evening. Dark. I am 72 and on my own! 'Sorry, can't help you - just go out and buy food and drink - only a few minutes away'. This is in an extremely busy area on major road - I had no idea what to do. Just went to bed with nothing at all. 3-night stop - on 2nd day, tea bags appeared but no milk. Decor is dark and fairly gloomy. Not able to speak to General Manager/Owner/Franchisee - he was busy - leave a phone message. I did this twice but no reply at all. On checking out they gave me 50 dollars reduction - no apology at all from anyone. I contacted Franchise Company - they promised I would har from hotel, with an apology - nothing at all. So, we can add rudeness to the sum total of this review.
Moved to Orlando Hotel and all was wonderful - reviewed on my return to England. I left this review for Ramada in the hope I would receive an apology - but not going to happen.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank probson8
Reviewed July 8, 2011

It's not the Four Seasons...

We stayed here over the July 4th Weekend 2011 and had a great time. We booked through an online discount website, so I think we got a great deal.

We checked in about 6:30pm on Thursday June 30, after having spent 14 hours trying to get to LA from Chicago (don't ask.) Check-in went very smoothly and reception was nice and professional. We were given our WiFi access codes, told about the restaurant not being open while it was being remodeled and told about parking (we had a rental car) Hotel parking is $27.00 per day which includes Valet service. We consider this standard for city hotel parking, so not a big surprise... I think we were up to our room in 10 minutes.

Room - we stayed in room # 445. This is on the top floor of the hotel and has a partial view of the city to the right. To the left is a view of the doomed roof, not much to look at... The room was very large and had a king size bed which was very comfortable. The bathroom also very large and the sink was outside the bath area which is great when two people are trying to get ready to go out... The room was basically clean as well as the bathroom and housekeeping did a great job everyday. The room had a large flat screen TV. Beyond that I would consider the room and bathroom to be basic, if not a little dated, but again this is not a 5-star hotel, so it met my expectations.

Pool - we never went so I can not comment, but we did see people coming and going from the pool and they seemed to enjoy it.

Restaurant - as mention earlier, the restaurant was closed while new owners remodel, but there are many places to eat within less than a 5 minute walk.

Location - excellent! - Its a prim location for staying in WeHo and going to restaurants and clubs.

We did not use any other services of the hotel so can not comment.

Check-out - We checked out on Monday July 4 at about 9:30 am and again it was an effortless experience and we were on our way in less than 5 minutes.

The hotel does not try to be anything more than what it is, a basic city hotel reminiscent of a 4 story motel with a swimming pool, could it be more - Yes, but it could also be a lot less.

I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Robbie_and_Dennis
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2011

Thank you for your review.

I'm glad to hear you had a good time over 4th of July weekend.

Our restaurant is currently being converted into Kitchen 24, an exciting new concept that
feel our guests will enjoy.

Hotel parking is $27.00 per day, but as you mentioned, very common for West Hollywood and city hotel parking.

I'm also glad you enjoyed your room and our 42" Flat Screen TV. The beds are quite comfortable.

Ramada Plaza Hotel is very good value for the price paid. There are certainly higher priced hotels in the area

Our pool is quite popular, especially in the summer. It has a nice outdoor deck as well.

Couldn't agree more regarding the location, it is excellent!.

We appreciate your recommendation.